Ayr ⚫⚪ vs Morton 🔵⚪ - 09/04/24

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, Morten winning tonight, and Scott Brown complaining about the fucking wind again.

There was famously no wind in Scottish football back when Brown was playing. It's one of those new things introduced to make games more exciting.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I distinctly remember being absolutely baffled that David Hopkin loaned him out when we only had about three midfielders at the club. 

I seem to remember it had more to do with Miller deciding he really wanted to go part time so that he could do a uni course while still playing and maybe having another part time gig outside football. Might be wrong but it was something like that. 

It did leave us horrendously short in the middle.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There was famously no wind in Scottish football back when Brown was playing. It's one of those new things introduced to make games more exciting.

There was wind but he just didn’t notice cause he didn’t have hair back then.

20 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

And get sent off.

Remember him coming on against Killie at home early in the first half when we went 2-0 down, nearly scored a left foot worldie from about 30 yards, 30 seconds later sent off for bringing down an attacker as the last man.  Summed him up.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Clarke

McAllister  Stanger  McGinty  Musonda

Chalmers  Dempsey  Smith  Murphy

Dowds  McKenzie

Subs: Albinson, Sanders, Tomlinson, Donnelly, McGeady, Guthrie, Bryden, Willoughby, McRoberts

Hoping Musonda is back and can come in for Sanders and go to left back. Ideally one of Syla/McHugh are available, but just no idea if they will be.  Worry for me is Brown firing McGeady into centre mid, sure he played there in a closed doors game v Motherwell.

Can count Donnelly out the match squad, starting for the U18s.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Can count Donnelly out the match squad, starting for the U18s.

hopefully  if that means McHugh or Syla will be in the squad in some shape if not that's another worry

Edited by muZZa__44

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

hopefully  that means McHugh or Syla will be in the squad in some shape if not that's another worry

Pretty sure he is a winger, so not sure it would be a like for like replacement.  However in terms of bench size, one of them would replace him hopefully.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Pretty sure he is a winger, so not sure it would be a like for like replacement.  However in terms of bench size, one of them would replace him hopefully.

fairs could had assumed he was a CM thou he is just listed as a Midfeilder in the website thou he was played more regularly in the number 4 and 8 for the under 18s

thou he is not the tallest of players quite short

Edited by muZZa__44

18 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Raining lots tonight, but has rained lots every day for what feels like since January... think if it was last season and we still had the old pitch we'd really be struggling to get home games on with the amount of rainfall this winter

It’s been raining since last fucking October. I work outside, so trust me on that one 😑

7 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

It’s been raining since last fucking October. I work outside, so trust me on that one 😑

You should try to get a job in 1 of the many ‘sauna’s’. Or just do ‘Only Fans’ and avoid golden showers.

Neither team has drawn a game in a while so with this being a re-arranged midweek game you'd expect that to be the outcome just to make it a gigantic waste of time for everyone.

Always hate this 'Morton win tonight' patter. Never happens. Very surprised to see we're bookies favourites after 5 losses in the last 6 as well, am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Always hate this 'Morton win tonight' patter. Never happens. Very surprised to see we're bookies favourites after 5 losses in the last 6 as well, am I missing something?

You're 3 for 3 against us this season.