Rovers v Airdrie - Tuesday 09/04

Just now, pub car king said:

Well that's that then, congrats to Dundee United the table doesn't lie at the end of the season. 

This game was fucked by half time but the players that ended the match gave it a good go. 

FIne margins in the second half, gave ourselves far, far too much to do.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

On paper, you guys have some of the best attacking players in the league. Your defence lets you down. 

Anywats, you still have a chance in the play offs. Yoj will be able to rest players before them abyways

We've never had a proper defence or indeed a leader on the park since Murray was appointed, yes we have a chance and at the start of the season that's all we could've wished for, 

Anyhoo all the best till we meet again,  our  arses should be healed by then 😂😂

Congratulations to the Diamonds.

Well deserved. It panned out pretty much as expected, so no real surprise.

The real damage in all honesty was done to us in the previous two Arbroath games.

Edited by embow

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You’re both pitiful fair weather fans if you feel belittling players when the team does poorly is the answer to your frustrations.

f**k right off with that nonsense. Supported the team all my days through Anelka, Goodwillie and all the other shite. I called Tammy Abraham dog shite, same with Fredrickson or any of Anelka's dross. The next time we sign a player who looks like he hasn't played football in his life I'll call him dog shite too. Certainly doesn't make me any less of a fan than some guy who watches streams from Texas.

1 minute ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

FIne margins in the second half, gave ourselves far, far too much to do.

Arguably naive of Murray once again. Left no margin of error on the counter. Was there really nothing else he could think to do to get us back in the game without leaving ourselves wide open?

3 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

The play-offs obviously favour the form team. I wonder if Airdrie have peaked just a wee bit too early? It'd be good to have new blood in the Premiership. 

Ironically that's exactly what happened under Murray two years ago. Last year different story. 🤞

Just now, renton said:

Arguably naive of Murray once again. Left no margin of error on the counter. Was there really nothing else he could think to do to get us back in the game without leaving ourselves wide open?

Can't blame Murray for going fir it second half it was must win. 

The blame for us false at the feet of a God awful first half performance by the players on the park. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

He has one response to going behind.  When it works it's thrilling.

Anyway, what's done is done and it's the play offs for us now. On the one hand it's a sign of progress that I'm feeling dissapointed at the prospect when the last two seasons I'd have bit your hand off for it.

Murray will get some flak and rightly so but he's managed to keep a defensively limited side going all season through some good attacking play, boldness verging and sometimes crossing into naivety and generally some entertaining chaos along the way.

Would not give you odds on how the play offs will turn out. Liklehood is that we are a championship side next season. Would be happy to get Matthews, Easton and Turner tied down if possible. Huge rebuild in defence required.