Rovers 🔵⚪️ v Thistle 🔴🟡 - 2nd v 3rd

Not really confident for this given our record at Starks Park, if it wasn’t for the fact that Airdrie are so close to us at the moment I’d be more than happy to accept a point here. Raith can’t collapse enough to bottle 2nd IMO so they’ll be okay, we should simply focus on trying to get 3rd place consolidated. 

Looking for positives from Tuesday, I thought Callum Smith had his best game in a long time, I’d do the same as another poster suggested and start him ahead of Easton, and I’d start Mullin ahead of Connolly on the right. 
McGill also looked really lively when he came on- not sure I’d be brave enough to bench a fully fit natural right back in favour of a utility man playing there based on half an hour on the right side of a back 3 though…

I really like the energy Rudden gives us so I’d bring him back in ahead of Hamilton unless Murray listens to the calls to play both up front together. 
And speaking of Murray, Euan has to come back in to try and sort the shambles of a defence out. 

I’d go;

Dabrowski

J Brown/ Watson/ Murray/ Dick

Matthews at the base of the midfield

Mullin/ S Brown/ Smith

Stanton at the tip of the midfield

Rudden

Scott Brown and Stanton to drop back one to make it a 4-2-3-1 without the ball, and push forward one to make it a 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-3-2 in possession. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

As someone who doesn’t know the issues with Millen but is a wee bit interested, what’s gone on here? I had just assumed he was injured. 

There's been endless speculation on here and elsewhere as to the Millen situation. More heat than light shed on it, as you'd expect, but it certainly isn't due to injury.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

As someone who doesn’t know the issues with Millen but is a wee bit interested, what’s gone on here? I had just assumed he was injured. 

Millen seemingly had an argument with Murray over tactics after the Challenge Cup loss to Airdrie. Bombed out the squad and quickly be replaced by James Brown. He's now training on his own until his contract expires in the summer. 

You'd have to imagine Millen went pretty far over the line to be told to stay away from the rest of the squad.

You'll still get the occasional person in our support going"nobody ever explained it" but it's in the best for both parties to leave it. Both groups will feel they're in the right and will move on from it in the summer. 

For those that are driving to the game, there may be limited spaces at the truck stop on the esplanade. The Links Market rides will be starting to arrive and most likely be parking there. 

Just looked it up and the road will be closed at 10pm on Saturday 

Thought Turner had a good game at Firhill, so assuming Vaughan is out I’d like us to go with…

Dabrowski 

Brown Watson Murray Dick

Byrne

Mullin Turner Stanton Easton

Hamilton

Could see a refined version of the 3 4 3 getting tried tomorrow. Tonight's result shouldn't really make a difference as all the preparation is still before that happens. Anyway something with McGill- Turner- Stanton-someone on the left. Not saying I want this exactly but I've got the luxury of not being responsible for it... not feeling much appetite for trying to grind out a 1-0 or a draw that does nothing for playoff confidence. 

Still hope to see more game time for Matthews - reckon he only got taken off at ht on Tues because we were expecting to dominate the ball and that was fair enough. He wasn't at fault for that result - you can't shut down a good passing team on your own.

Decided what I'd like to see us try is 3-4-2-1

Mitchell 

McBeth - Muirhead - Milne 

McMillan - Neilson - McInroy - Ngwenya 

Robinson - Fitzpatrick 

Graham 

Feel that has the least square pegs in round holes given what's available to us. 

Mitchell

McBeth Neilson Muirhead

McMillan Stanway Robinson Milne

McInroy Graham Fitzpatrick

I assume with all the permutations we will be looking to step forward when he can to bolster the midfield when he can, releasing Robunson to get forward. Three at the back at times would allow a bit of width from the wing backs. 

I also feel McInroy seems best when in support of BBG. I'd have Robinson a bit deeper on the defensive transition as McInroy has barely made a tackle the whole time he's been at Thistle but he can press.

A tough game ahead and I wouldn't be too upset with a point at the end of play.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

Holy Shit....now no Robinson ,really ?.Still think we'll bumble into 4th place but will rely heavily on mid table teams nullifying each other.

Edited by I Clavdivs

Yeah that looks like same shape with MacKenzie playing on the right wing. Shame Robinson can't stay fit for ten minutes. I do not fancy that midfield at all and a bench with a 16 year old striker, a 17 year old striker, and an 18 year old striker on it is quite something.

Christ, we’ll be lucky to escape with anything from today’s game. That bench is so woefully thin in terms of experience. I still think we’ll manage third place, but the loss of Lawless is going to be massive I think. A lot of teams end up having two men mark him which leaves space for others, can’t think the same will be the case for Mackenzie. 

Heart says 1-1

Head says 3-1 Rovers