The Scottish Junior Cup Semi Finals

image.png.637c146f9f7587219596e29182290be9.png

Starting tonight, four belters over the next eight days (if the rain stops).

Who's going through? Will good conquer evil? Will there be hunnersa steak pies going begging?

Seriously, what do we reckon?

Mon' the Talbot!

Seen some epic Burgh wins at Dunterlie - Davie Brolly Hat-trick in the West in 1997 when the division below Arthurlie to win 3-0 and that night in 2002 when we score 2 in the last 2 mins to relegate Arthurlie and make us two wins from the league title.

Seen some utter hidings as well including an 8-0 a few months after said 2-1 in the League Cup sectional "group of death", although we went on to have a decent season.

this will depend on what Burgh team turns up I reckon, but crucially Burgh are scoring goals again. I predict the two legs to be high scoring affairs and going to penalties to decide it, but to go through, I think Burgh will have to avoid defeat in the first leg.

Talbot v Darvel? I believe that heritage can carry a lot of weight in football. No science behind it, but somethings are just in the DNA of a club and for Talbot, it's the Scottish. I see a comfortable win for them over Darvel in both legs and to go on and win it. 

Auchinleck have such a history in this tournament it takes a huge performance to beat them-Darvel do have quality players so we will see.

The other one is very close to call.Could go either way and am not sure at all.

Just to add, Burgh's Cup form has generally been good this year, knocking out St Cadocs in the Scottish and winning away to Musselburgh Athletic in the SOS Cup.

Although the first leg at Dunterlie will be their first away tie in the Scottish this season.

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

Just to add, Burgh's Cup form has generally been good this year, knocking out St Cadocs in the Scottish and winning away to Musselburgh Athletic in the SOS Cup.

Although the first leg at Dunterlie will be their first away tie in the Scottish this season.

This will be Arthurlie's first home game in the cup this season.

31 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Big game tonight hope the rain blows by

This made me chuckle.Early to mid 70s we used to pray for rain all week before a big cup game (4th round and up).

The reason being it would be a leveler, tis true.

5 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

A genuine question not looking to stir the pot.

What apart from it being the SJC makes these games anymore mouthwatering then the WOSFL Cup semis. 

Can't be bothered looking up who the s-f's were in the West Cup.

You're not an ex Junior man so you wouldn't know.