The Scottish Junior Cup Semi Finals

3 hours ago, Johnstone Castle said:

Keep squabbling yer pish, among yourselves. The Burgh have the Ideal draw to get it round the Barrhead mob and then come looking for those Ayrshire sheep shaggers that think they own the grand old trophy.

I have a real soft spot for arthurlie but if Johnstone burgh don't get the job done by at least 0-4 at dunterlie in the first leg then I will be astonished.  

Really hope I'm proven wrong though. 

That was a strange one. We were distinctly second best but could still have had a few goals. Darvel should have had more than two and played well. The penalty looked like such a needless challenge. One of those that a clever striker will always make the most of and go down. 

Apart from the game that was a terrific crowd and occasion tonight. 

38 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Only bad thing about last night is the tie should be over , far superior team On the night and next goal in tie is very important , we get it it’s all over talbot get it it’s game on 

People will be along to say you should never write off Talbot in the Scottish but we don't usually leave ourselves needing to overturn a two goal deficit.

I'll be stunned if we manage to pull it it off; we've struggled in the last four games and the wheels have come off the season a bit now. The outcome boils down to Darvel being clinical enough to finish the job.

As a neutral, and having watched Pollok defeat Talbot in the West semi, I expected Darvel to win comfortably. At a point when Talbot were well on top, the referee missed a blatant foul only to then award a penalty which changed the game. For me a draw would have been a fair result and on that showing I would say Pollok were better than either of them. 

33 minutes ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

As a neutral, and having watched Pollok defeat Talbot in the West semi, I expected Darvel to win comfortably. At a point when Talbot were well on top, the referee missed a blatant foul only to then award a penalty which changed the game. For me a draw would have been a fair result and on that showing I would say Pollok were better than either of them. 

Aye but Pollok are out 

20 hours ago, Shanner said:

That was a strange one. We were distinctly second best but could still have had a few goals. Darvel should have had more than two and played well. The penalty looked like such a needless challenge. One of those that a clever striker will always make the most of and go down. 

Apart from the game that was a terrific crowd and occasion tonight. 

Dont really recall a clear cut chance that I’d say Talbot should have scored. Maybe just not remembering clearly. Darvel should have had the tie out of site but for some woeful finishing and wonderful goalkeeping. Was a good game and occasion and the crowd reflected that. Two nil at half time though. Players often say this is the worst result in football next goal kills the tie or gives you hope. 

Darvel worthy winners on friday night should have been out of sight after 10 mins. Got the lead and sat back but talbot could have played all night and not scored, Moore cause them all sorts of problems. 

1 minute ago, paul wright scores said:

After an enjoyable afternoon in Perth I am hoping Arthurlie might make it a doubly good weekend for me. 

Hopefully a decent crowd and they try and keep it tight to remain in the tie after today. 

Come on the "Lie!!!

I'd love it if Arthurlie cuffed them. 

On 12/04/2024 at 22:44, Thejackdaw said:

I have a real soft spot for arthurlie but if Johnstone burgh don't get the job done by at least 0-4 at dunterlie in the first leg then I will be astonished.  

A lot of Arthurlie's defeats have been by a single goal margin, and with Johnstone's league positioning I can't see either team dishing out a skudding tbh. I'm expecting it to be a pretty tense, tetchy, low scoring affair.

Should be a cracking crowd though. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A lot of Arthurlie's defeats have been by a single goal margin, and with Johnstone's league positioning I can't see either team dishing out a skudding tbh. I'm expecting it to be a pretty tense, tetchy, low scoring affair.

Should be a cracking crowd though. Looking forward to it!

In fairness Johnstone burgh have got a good few players cup tied in daz , Conner and blair but I still think they will win today but hopefully not.

Hope arthurlie and Talbot make it to the final but I fully expect a cup final of Darvel v Johnstone burgh in an 'el classlessico' 

20 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

And not as good as either of them  

I am Happy that Pollok who aren’t as good as Talbot or Darvel keep beating them. Can’t imagine the scores if we were actually better than them both!

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

In fairness Johnstone burgh have got a good few players cup tied in daz , Conner and blair but I still think they will win today but hopefully not.

Hope arthurlie and Talbot make it to the final but I fully expect a cup final of Darvel v Johnstone burgh in an 'el classlessico' 

Told you it would be tight ;)

Good competitive game that. And a draw was probably about the right result. Arthurlie missing a late sitter, but Pidge making a terrific save in either half. 

52 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Told you it would be tight ;)

Good competitive game that. And a draw was probably about the right result. Arthurlie missing a late sitter, but Pidge making a terrific save in either half. 

Not sure what the attendance was but it was more than decent.

On 12/04/2024 at 22:44, Thejackdaw said:

That you astonished then.