The Scottish Junior Cup Semi Finals

19 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Bullshit all our parents have mostly passed away unfortunately but ask them what trophy they would loved to have won and to a man they would have said the Scottish junior cup 

And there lies the problem ! It's 2024 not pre millennium most of us are trying to brace the new not sit around the coal fire telling our kids how it used to be and lying to them it's still wonderful winning the junior cup and it's live on the telly with a language no one speaks .

4 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

And there lies the problem ! It's 2024 not pre millennium most of us are trying to brace the new not sit around the coal fire telling our kids how it used to be and lying to them it's still wonderful winning the junior cup and it's live on the telly with a language no one speaks .

Yes, having an engaging history based on generational affection is a massive drawback. Nothing worse! 

Fucking hell. 

44 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

So u tell people talbot the only team to win the cup 3 times in a row twice which no other team has done or will do how's that cause we did that before  and after the millennium so history before and after 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

Edited by allyg1977

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Bullshit all our parents have mostly passed away unfortunately but ask them what trophy they would loved to have won and to a man they would have said the Scottish junior cup 

Shame u probably won't win it told u before u lot bottle it when it matters ur history proves that if it didn't u would have and should have been in the lowland league 

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

But not the last 4 league games …

Wow give Clydebank a star for beating talbot 4 games but never won a cup in how many years oh its been that long I think I will go back to the stone age what a walloper u r 

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Wow here we go Darvel legend u take ur 2 men and a dog to Broadwood  have ur day out just don't forget when it comes to big games u lot bottle it oh make sure u give the pie man the send off he deserves which is coming home with nothing just to show all the money he has spent over the years got him nowhere 

Unlucky though we were the better team tonight , should have taken it to penalties,  unfortunately we have lost due to the first game imo

7 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

So u tell people talbot the only team to win the cup 3 times in a row twice which no other team has done or will do how's that cause we did that before  and after the millennium so history before and after 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

I'm not trying to erase history great at the time talbot won it 3 in a row or any other time they won it the same goes for every club that's ever won it. The problem we have here is why does talbot and all the other West pro junior cup club's want to make it mandatory for all West region club's to play in the junior cup . According to you and plenty others on here it's so wonderful but you have to press gang other's in the hope it boosts its popularity?. 

Kind of felt sorry for the stewards last night as they had obviously been instructed to take a heavy touch approach. Personally I wouldn't have bothered my arse if I was them, more hassle than it's worth. Are Darvel actually allowed to cordon off the wee street alongside the touchline opposite the stand? That seemed a bit pointless anyway as all the fans were still certain to converge on the main street and it just felt like a measure designed to make Talbot fans walk and extra half mile back to their transport. Glad to see the back of a thoroughly petty experience and I look forward to never putting another penny in Darvel's coffers in the future.

12 hours ago, andy25 said:

You've hardly pumped us. You've won by one goal every time.

The "bedshitting" run we went on was 4 single goal defeats

2-1 away to the current and champions elect again 

1-0 at home ( 86th minute goal )  to a team that apparently have spent next to no money in acquiring a superb squad - I wish I knew how they did it

3-2 at home to a team that have gone on  fantastic run to 3rd place

1-0 away ( late goal ) to team that are in Junior Cup Final and have spent a fortune on what is still a v good side. 

So if that's bedshitting then you need to accept some slagging as well 😛