The Scottish Junior Cup Semi Finals

Really pleased with the result and performance. Thought we were the better team and could have added a couple at the end. Burgh’s big players didn’t fire at all. Lafferty was ineffective bar his diving antics and shushing the crowd when getting called out for it. Dorrans was anonymous with the game passing him by. 

Great crowd marred by some of the young team throwing cans and other objects at the Arthurlie players after our equaliser and 1 of them at the end trying to fight with a player who was trying to see his family. The vast majority of the young team brought colour and noise to the game and should be applauded for creating and excellent atmosphere. Crowd must have been between 3k-4k. 

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Really pleased with the result and performance. Thought we were the better team and could have added a couple at the end. Burgh’s big players didn’t fire at all. Lafferty was ineffective bar his diving antics and shushing the crowd when getting called out for it. Dorrans was anonymous with the game passing him by. 

Great crowd marred by some of the young team throwing cans and other objects at the Arthurlie players after our equaliser and 1 of them at the end trying to fight with a player who was trying to see his family. The vast majority of the young team brought colour and noise to the game and should be applauded for creating and excellent atmosphere. Crowd must have been between 3k-4k. 

That's class crowd. About 5k over two games between these sides is terrific.

Biggest crowd I have seen at Keanie Park. Arthurlie deserved the win with their captain and Bolger the best players on show. Burgh were disappointing and only threatened from set plays. Their bar must have made a healthy profit and the young team made plenty of noise. Enjoyable night despite of the result

22 minutes ago, Shanner said:

That's class crowd. About 5k over two games between these sides is terrific.

Think they are going to give attendance as 2.5k but when you bring the under 12s into it will be over 3k. 

Burgh so lacklustre in my opinion. Arthurlie better all over the park. Small brought on by Burgh with 10/15 to go to get an equaliser & put out wide ? An out & out goalscorer out wide didn’t make sense to me. Thought Burghs goal was offside but in the end didn’t matter. Great atmosphere & crowd. Bolger , Kerr , Dykes & Docherty stand outs for Arthurlie. Would love to see them win it but can’t see past Darvel.

Never thought I’d se a crowd like that at Keanie park ever again.

The quarter of the Scottish v Cumnock in 2000 had just over 3,000 at it, I’d say that crowd smashed it, albeit with hunners of weans.

Burgh score and do very little else in the game and Arthurlie were very worthy winners and I shall be rooting for them in the final.

A good night for the Juniors. 😉😁

9 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Burgh so lacklustre in my opinion. Arthurlie better all over the park. Small brought on by Burgh with 10/15 to go to get an equaliser & put out wide ? An out & out goalscorer out wide didn’t make sense to me. Thought Burghs goal was offside but in the end didn’t matter. Great atmosphere & crowd. Bolger , Kerr , Dykes & Docherty stand outs for Arthurlie. Would love to see them win it but can’t see past Darvel.

Sounds like McKinnon coming in has had the desired effect.