Stirling v Queens

On 13/04/2024 at 22:43, Otis Blue said:

Question if I may ... what exactly are "tactics" ... just asking on behalf of a Mr Bartley btw ...

FFS, don’t give him any clues, he’ll definitely over think it 🤔 

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Connelly on the bench ... 😐

Expected it tbh. He was always going to try and prove a point. At least we have an able replacement in Ferguson. 

13 minutes ago, bod said:

With Lloyd Wilson as ref!!! We'll  be lucky to keep 11 on the park.

Ffs. That fanny really doesn't like us. Stirling penalty or QoS red incoming. Or both. 

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Expected it tbh. He was always going to try and prove a point. At least we have an able replacement in Ferguson. 

Ffs. That fanny really doesn't like us. Stirling penalty or QoS red incoming. Or both. 

Used to referee me, guy is an absolutes jobs worth. Used to treat youth football like the World Cup final.

I'm both enjoying and frustrated with our shitehousery here. We're buying a good few fouls but a couple of times Gibson has went down when he could have taken his man. After Carrick's carry on at Palmerston I'm enjoying him being penalised constantly for 'fouling' our defenders. They've clearly learnt to play him at his own game. A controversial penalty for Stirling's winner incoming.

We've edged it but neither GK has been seriously worked out with a couple of camera saves. It feels like we'll get hit on the counter or a set piece. We are so unused to attacking that we look absolutely clueless when we get into good positions. Sneak a goal and the win is there for the taking. Stirling will be saying the exact same thing. 

Thought Queens shaded the first half. Started a bit shaky but improved. Reilly doing good work as usual as has Todd apart from one almost costly brain fart in midfield. Young Lewis working hard but not always going his way. Bryson, McKay and McClelland doing Ok at the back and one good save from Stone.

Crying out for that bit of creativity up front ... Connelly needed badly, and not in the last 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thought Queens shaded the first half. Started a bit shaky but improved. Reilly doing good work as usual as has Todd apart from one almost costly brain fart in midfield. Young Lewis working hard but not always going his way. Bryson, McKay and McClelland doing Ok at the back and one good save from Stone.

Crying out for that bit of creativity up front ... Connelly needed badly, and not in the last 10 minutes.

I'm a broken record but someone needs to tell me what Ferguson brings to the table. A tame shot aside he's been his usual anonymous self. Doherty summed up his 'striker' credentials when Reilly did good work down the side and put in a good ball around 8 yards out and no one is nearby. Surely a striker goes for the 6 yard box instinctively if he doesn't have the ball? Utterly useless. Connelly on for Ferguson and as much as he's not that much better, Mumbongo on for Doherty. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

This fuckwit we call a manger is just doing his best to piss everyone off before he goes, isn't he? :lol:

I've called him a lot of things but never a manger!  😁

To be fair though, I would never call him a manager either.  The fuckwit description certainly applies though.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This fuckwit we call a manger is just doing his best to piss everyone off before he goes, isn't he? :lol:

He's now waiting until we take our corners before bringing on the tall striker we have. It's actually incredible stuff. 

I'm feeling relieved to see it finally come up as a full-time score.

A late winner for us would have virtually finished Stirling off as regards 9th place.

I think we're probably well placed* now given that the other pair have got each other at the end.  Again though, if we lose next week, it probably goes to the last day.

What an abysmal season.

*When I say "well placed" I do of course mean it in the context of us being more grotesquely badly placed than we've been in decades.

Edited by Monkey Tennis