Dundee United closing in on the title, Ayr looking to keep a decent gap to 9th place. 

Expecting a large crowd at Tannadice, not sure where the Ayr supporters are going to be put? Away tickets not on sale yet.

I expect a bit of a battering tbh. Seems like you lot will be out for blood in trying to secure the title - no doubt would rather have it sorted this week instead of waiting until being away at Airdrie the week after. I know it won't be mathematical confirmed if Raith also win, but its essentially secured with a win.

I think we've probably already done enough tbh in terms of avoiding 9th (credit to Brown and team) but if we could nick even a point here it would be massive. I don't see it though. I'll go:

Dundee United 3-1 Ayr

This could go two ways, Dundee United give us a doing and wrap up the title in style in front of their own fans or they shit themselves, drop points and eventually win it on the last day. 

I expect a home win and hopefully one or two favours being done elsewhere for us.

36 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The worst thing that could happen would be for the league to be won before game.

Not for the United fans; going along knowing that it’s going to be a party atmosphere.

Not for the United players/manager; I’d imagine they’ll play with far more freedom and be far more effective knowing the pressure is off.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not for the United fans; going along knowing that it’s going to be a party atmosphere.

Not for the United players/manager; I’d imagine they’ll play with far more freedom and be far more effective knowing the pressure is off.

This for me. I'll be hoping for a Rovers loss on Friday. If that happens it will be fantastic going along to Tannadice absolutely delighted to be there & no slight feelings of dread. Full on celebration mode. 🤞

Technically, the league can't be won before kick-off.

Obviously the goal difference is effectively worth a point, but if Raith lose on Friday, they would still be 6 behind with 6 to play for. We would still have the opportunity to "win it" on Saturday.

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As a United fan, I disagree. 

I hope supporters don't do a pitch invasion in the event of a home win. Leaving aside the wee embarrassment in doing that, it may prevent players from getting a deserved applause from the fans. 

But on the plus side, if numbers do go on the pitch, it'll be easier to get out the ground and into the pub. 

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I hope supporters don't do a pitch invasion in the event of a home win. Leaving aside the wee embarrassment in doing that, it may prevent players from getting a deserved applause from the fans. 

But on the plus side, if numbers do go on the pitch, it'll be easier to get out the ground and into the pub. 

Dundee United supporters had a pretty strange pitch invasion with plenty pyro after winning a League Cup tie in August a few years ago at Somerset. So I wouldn't be too hopeful of no pitch invasion if I were you.

Tbf though, under the right circumstances (i.e. winning a title), pitch invasions are fine imo.

I would like to think the Ayr players would have the decency to offer up a guard of honour for the Utd team as they enter the pitch. A decent and hearty applause from the visiting fans at the same time please.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I would like to think the Ayr players would have the decency to offer up a guard of honour for the Utd team as they enter the pitch. A decent and hearty applause from the visiting fans at the same time please.

Fair dos,  I'll happily sing There's only one United, only one United, only one united and its Ayr. 

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

What tune for that though? 

If you are going to sing along, celebrating the real United being in town, it goes similar to "Am No fae Killie, Am fae Ayr" tune.

29 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Any chance of sticking Albinson back in the goal? He has been very good for us this season.

We replaced his comic turns with Jack Sanders. If you need any calamitous mishaps, he'll likely oblige.