Looking forward to this. Ideally the pressure will be off after Friday night and we can enjoy the party without worrying about the result too much. I've never actually seen UNITED win the league. I was only 10 when we won the top flight and wasn't yet that into football. The 1996 the play off win was great but still, second placed. Technically we won the league during the covid season but I wasn't copied into those emails when the league was won.

50 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Looking forward to this. Ideally the pressure will be off after Friday night and we can enjoy the party without worrying about the result too much. I've never actually seen UNITED win the league. I was only 10 when we won the top flight and wasn't yet that into football. The 1996 the play off win was great but still, second placed. Technically we won the league during the covid season but I wasn't copied into those emails when the league was won.

From our win in 2018, you can’t beat a last day, trophy in a helicopter experience against Raith. Hearing Vaughn hits the post and then the final whistle goes, confirming you as champions. 

So Aye, drop points this week and next and you can have a brilliant Friday night at the start of May. Something that will live with you forever. 

54 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From our win in 2018, you can’t beat a last day, trophy in a helicopter experience against Raith. Hearing Vaughn hits the post and then the final whistle goes, confirming you as champions. 

So Aye, drop points this week and next and you can have a brilliant Friday night at the start of May. Something that will live with you forever. 

Aye, it's tempting but on balance I think I'd prefer we just win it on Saturday. Feeling quite sanguine right now but I'll be less so if it goes to the last game. Thanks but no thanks.

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Eric Drysdale, is that you? 

On 16/04/2024 at 11:20, itzdrk said:

As a United fan, I disagree. 

Fans of the ‘small Uniteds’ (Ayr, Lochee, Manchester, etc) should never refer to themselves as “United fans”.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fans of the ‘small Uniteds’ (Ayr, Lochee, Manchester, etc) should never refer to themselves as “United fans”.

and you lot should stop kidding yourselves on that you are the main club in your home city ..

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

and you lot should stop kidding yourselves on that you are the main club in your home city ..

What criteria would you use in determining which is the ‘main club’?

On 17/04/2024 at 11:41, Rodders1910 said:

Looking forward to my first trip to tannadice on Saturday. Decent pubs to break up the long walk from the station?

Stay in town and drink there and get a taxi up to ground near KO - loads of good food and drink in Dundee centre. Can’t really go wrong. 

classic boozers - trades, Phoenix

wanky cocktail vibes - DCA, Casa 

Real ales - BrewDog

Generic - number 1s, Bertie Mooneys,

orrrrr…. Head straight up around the ground and head to Frews, The Snug (not sure on away fans but Dundonians - even DABs - are not generally arseholes) 

on a budget - Fairmuir clubbie - loads of teles and £3 a pint - just pay your £1 donation on entry 

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We had the name before you lot (and are a true United since it was a merger of two clubs). Bloody Dundee Hibees.