Scottish Cup final, Celtic v Rangers 2012, Hampden Park. 25th May

A very enjoyable end to the season, can't beat a late winner. We surely have to sign Idah now, he was an underwhelming signing for many at the time but I don't think we would have won anything without him. 

Our team/squad is in needing as much of rebuild as the orcs tbh but you just know we're going to have the handbrake on again.

1 minute ago, Drooper said:

Aye, it was a good tackle, but there were (and always are) numerous bizarre decisions in a match. Is there really any point in an inquest after what was a dreadful match with abysmal performances all round?

It was going to take an error or slip-up to settle that match, and so it transpired. Could have been at either end.

My take away from that game was that it didn't matter enough to either team after the league had been settled. Worst cup final in many moons. So much for it being a showpiece to bring the curtain down on the season.

Yep, I don’t intend it to sound that way, I was just genuinely baffled as to how the referee arrived at his decision more than anything.

Poor game all round with nothing much between the sides on the day and no real stand out in quality.

I think Idah in his time here showing the difference in what bringing in a decent forward can do though. We were crying out for a striker in January and opted to stick with Dessers alone which has came back to bite us.

Celtic bring in Idah who’s goals have been an integral part in them winning a league and cup double.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep, I don’t intend it to sound that way, I was just genuinely baffled as to how the referee arrived at his decision more than anything.

Poor game all round with nothing much between the sides on the day and no real stand out in quality.

I think Idah in his time here showing the difference in what bringing in a decent forward can do though. We were crying out for a striker in January and opted to stick with Dessers alone which has came back to bite us.

Celtic bring in Idah who’s goals have been an integral part in them winning a league and cup double.

Aye, and I appreciate that we all pour over replays after games. 

I felt the tone for the match seemed to be set within the first few minutes. It had the feel of a training exercise. No intent or intensity. Some might regard that as cagey and tentative opening exchanges, but it just seemed flat from KO. That's until the later stages when the blood started to rise and the most competitive element was to establishing who could be most petulant.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

TBF for a 3rd choice Norwich striker he was a bit of a find. He might have done too well and priced us out now though.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

What should be clear to every one now is that the OF are no longer box office. These games are played far too often, have poor quality for far too long and the results have become all too predictable.  

No one disputes that the **** are the second force in Scottish Football, or the Celtic are the biggest team in Scotland. But being big in a wee pond or being second in that pond is just not very interesting. Cups should have romance like when the Jonnies did an unheard of cup double, or when ICT won a cup after only being in existence for a few years. Even Gretna's cash powered run to the final was laced with romance. 

A predictable 1st v 2nd bore fest where one team tries to cancel out the other is dull dull dull. And for Celtic to win the cup is just all a bit Meh. even if it is against the second best team in the country. It means almost nothing to them. Compare the scenes after winning yesterday to this.  When there's no OF borefest, the Scottish Cup does throw up great moments.  IF the OF are really serious about their colts why not playing them in the cup like the top teams do/or did in England 

It wasn't unheard of.

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

TBF for a 3rd choice Norwich striker he was a bit of a find. He might have done too well and priced us out now though.

If he is to stay, I hope Norwich rinse you for a fortune, respectfully.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Even more baffled after seeing this back again how it can even be considered a foul never mind a yellow card. I don’t see any other way Sterling can make that tackle any “safer”. He doesn’t leave the ground, studs aren’t showing, sweeps the ball with his foot. Just a good, strong challenge.

Studs up into the foot of Taylor, embarrassing you could consider this not even a foul.

I also saw Rangers fans complaining about Taylor holding Raskin before his push on Hart, it's true he probably was - however that appeared to be before the ball was in play from the corner so couldn't be a penalty...

ugfuyfjhydtyfuy.jpg

19 hours ago, pozbaird said:

What doesn’t get on my tits is that Alex Rae has just been shafted right up his Sevconian sphincter.

When an AI is able to produce prose of this nuanced quality, I for one will happily welcome our Cyber Overlords.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

A very enjoyable end to the season, can't beat a late winner. We surely have to sign Idah now, he was an underwhelming signing for many at the time but I don't think we would have won anything without him. 

Our team/squad is in needing as much of rebuild as the orcs tbh but you just know we're going to have the handbrake on again.

It will be an interesting summer,I don't agree with the handbreak comment Celtic spent the guts of 20 million on players,the regression has come from St Brendan,Bernardo and Idah should be signed.
The regression could also come from, can Celtic get a better player than the player we already have in each position,apart from the obvious (goalkeeper)?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Studs up into the foot of Taylor, embarrassing you could consider this not even a foul.

I also saw Rangers fans complaining about Taylor holding Raskin before his push on Hart, it's true he probably was - however that appeared to be before the ball was in play from the corner so couldn't be a penalty...

ugfuyfjhydtyfuy.jpg

What? Sterling’s foot is in front of Taylor’s. It’s not going into him looking at the clip.

Edited by AJF

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Even more baffled after seeing this back again how it can even be considered a foul never mind a yellow card. I don’t see any other way Sterling can make that tackle any “safer”. He doesn’t leave the ground, studs aren’t showing, sweeps the ball with his foot. Just a good, strong challenge.

Aye, ridiculous decision.

Perfect tackle.

On 25/05/2024 at 15:30, 10menwent2mow said:

If that's Ross County vs Dundee. That is a penalty. Who says they aren't reffed to different standards. 

If that was Aberdeen v Rangers ? cup final , penalty to Rangers 100% . 🤬  

5 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

If that was Aberdeen v Rangers ? cup final , penalty to Rangers 100% . 🤬  

You should have a look and see which team has been awarded the most penalties in the top league league this season . 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Hadn't something else happened just before that. I recall saying at the time that's never a foul, but I think Walsh had lost it a bit and Rangers were generally a bit fired up around that time, threatening to lose the heads? Sterling fell victim to the ref shitting it from a full blooded tackle

You don't have blather some shite.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

The follow through is the reason the ref has given a foul IMO - Sterling slides into Taylor (after getting the ball) and upends him. It's at least careless and clearly Walsh thought it was reckless, hence the yellow card. Personally I'm not sure it was worth yellow, but I can see why he chose to give the card.