Your Oldest Item of Clothing

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

My son was looking for a pair of brown shoes so we took a look in my shoe cabinet.  There were a half-dozen pairs of so that were from the early 2000's.  He's now the new owner of a pair of brown ankle boots from Next - the price tag was still on them b.t.w £49.something.  

My son asked if he could "borrow" my leather jacket which is around 20-y-o  last summer, it never returned hopefully he's wearing it in Dundee (where he at Uni) and it's getting a bit of use. 

Like @Richey Edwards I have T-shirts that pre-date Sevco, I also have a vacuum packed set of Ts, discovered during a tidy up of the loft a few years ago, that date from a house move in 1998 that have not yet been un-vacced.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

My son asked if he could "borrow" my leather jacket which is around 20-y-o  last summer, it never returned hopefully he's wearing it in Dundee (where he at Uni) and it's getting a bit of use. 

Like @Richey Edwards I have T-shirts that pre-date Sevco, I also have a vacuum packed set of Ts, discovered during a tidy up of the loft a few years ago, that date from a house move in 1998 that have not yet been un-vacced.

My pre-Sevco t-shirts are mostly band t-shirts from gigs I've been to. 

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

My pre-Sevco t-shirts are mostly band t-shirts from gigs I've been to. 

I have a few in that category but most come from losing a coupla stones in weight at the start of Covid on the grounds that it was mostly old, fat b'stards that were pegging out. I've kept it off and as well as feeling a lot healthier it was amazing the number of old Ts that went from midriff exposing (and not in a sexy way) to friends reunited - saved me money too. 

Edited by btb

Ruby Wedding next year, still have the suit I wore to get married. But predating that, I've got older football scarves and stuff, and the ubiquitous leather jacket.

Suit doesn't fit me, waist I can squeeze into, but something must happen to your chest and shoulders when you get old. Certainly, you shrink, but it's like the extra pressure knocks your shoulders outwards. And the neck.......

I’ve got a Galvin Green golf jacket my dad bought me for getting handicap down below 12 when I was 15 ish, still in the cupboard and not been worn for 3/4 years at least but it cost £180 at the time so it’s not getting chucked out. 

I’ve still got some old Caley tops, think the earliest (going by the sponsors) is a white away one with OneTouch on the front. Was my dads when he was massive so it’s like a tent on me. 

I bought my winter jacket in 2011 and it's still in great nick and still gets worn to this day when it's freezing.

I also have a hoodie I still wear from around that time too.

I still have a massive pale blue hoodie that I’ve had since the early nineties. It’s covered in “welding” burns (as far as my mum was aware) from the days when I used to “weld” almost every night. It seems to anger people like my wife and kids who apparently dislike when I dig it out in the cold weather. Their anger will soon fade as the weather is getting better, I’ll have to hang it in the garage again until next winter 

3 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I've inherited a Hugo Boss jacket from my Grandad that still gets semi-regular outings. The thing must date back to the war so there's a fair amount of wear and tear but it still looks the part.

Hugo Boss was responsible for designing & manufacturing the black Nazi SS uniforms and also Hitler Youth outfits.

Was Grandad a straight-arm saluting rabid anti-Semite ?

I wouldn't have thought of ties, but I inherited some of my grandad's so it'll be them.

The clothes tend to stay the same now unless I have to go up a size or they're so worn they're no longer of any use.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Hugo Boss was responsible for designing & manufacturing the black Nazi SS uniforms and also Hitler Youth outfits.

It's low hanging fruit but "My Team: Clyde" 

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

This post certainly brings to mind a well known austrian

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Almost certainly a whoosh from our man here tbf. 

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I bought my winter jacket in 2011 and it's still in great nick and still gets worn to this day when it's freezing.

I also have a hoodie I still wear from around that time too.

Jealous of this. I bought a Mountain Equipment down jaiket for about £200 and it lasted about 4 years. Crap.

Anyway. I'm bamboozled by this thread as I tend to wear the shit out of clothes, but I've weirdly got a base layer that dates from about 2007 that I've cycled and hiked in loads. 

My oldest football related piece of clothing would be this T-shirt I had in primary school.

I’ve still got quite a lot of Armani, Paul Smith clothing from the late 80s / early 90s.  Had a lot more but sold quite a bit of it on Vinted recently. 

IMG_7938.jpeg