Clyde vs East Fife

Here's something cheerful; in the months where football takes place continuously (August to April), there are four dates where we haven't drawn a game.

24 December

1 March

2 March

27 April

It's genuinely mind boggling when you think about how many passengers/shite players we rely on. Cuddihy, Ballantyne and Khabia have been woeful nearly every time they play.

6 minutes ago, Clash said:

It's genuinely mind boggling when you think about how many passengers/shite players we rely on. Cuddihy, Ballantyne and Khabia have been woeful nearly every time they play.

Your player examples are just incorrect. Ballantyne at least gives 100% every match and Kabia is technically the best player at Clyde

Edited by BullyWeeClydeFc

2 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Your player examples are just incorrect. Ballantyne at least gives 100% every match and Kabia is technically the best player at Clyde

Kabia is clearly technically good, and certainly up there for most technical at the club, but that make little difference when it doesn't result in anything.  He does the same thing every game (receives the ball on the left, cuts in a little deeper and swings a ball in which is either headed out or collected by the keeper). Is he our best option on the left? Yeah, almost certainly but technical ability needs work ethic and intelligence. Leslie came on and immediately got a goal back due to his physical attributes and desire, despite being nowhere near as good as Kabia technically. 

Ballantyne may run about but off and on the ball he's shocking and offers little. Grant gets abuse all game but at least he tries to pass or create, Ballantyne is a passenger and is getting away with it imo 

Clyde are playing us at a good time as we  have hit a poor patch after going 9 games unbeaten. I would be worried if I was a Stranraer or Bonnyrigg fan.

From a Fife point of view hopefully Dick can motivate the group but I suspect some players know they won't be around next season. I read that Fash is back in training would be great if he made the bench.

A few changes to the team I'd want us to stick out this week.

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - Howie - Lyon -

- Leitch - Ballantyne - Grant - Scullion -

- Young - Allan - 

I've obviously set the above out as a 442 but ideally you'd want Leitch and Scullion to play higher and Young and Allan to play off of each other with one coming short. It really is time to get Rennie out the team. He's so ineffective and imho McCall has persisted with him for too long. He just mopes about, barely engaging with the game and the excuse of 'well he's normally good for a goal' is well gone. Connor Young showed more in his brief cameo against Stenny than Rennie showed the full rest of the game and I feel like Young and Allan would really suit playing together.

I'd also be temped to pull Howie out of the team and replace him with Sula after his insane, goal-conceding, two-point-dropping antics last weekend. I also really like Logan Dunachie and would be more than happy with him replacing Cuddihy at right back.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

A few changes to the team I'd want us to stick out this week.

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - Howie - Lyon -

- Leitch - Ballantyne - Grant - Scullion -

- Young - Allan - 

I've obviously set the above out as a 442 but ideally you'd want Leitch and Scullion to play higher and Young and Allan to play off of each other with one coming short. It really is time to get Rennie out the team. He's so ineffective and imho McCall has persisted with him for too long. He just mopes about, barely engaging with the game and the excuse of 'well he's normally good for a goal' is well gone. Connor Young showed more in his brief cameo against Stenny than Rennie showed the full rest of the game and I feel like Young and Allan would really suit playing together.

I'd also be temped to pull Howie out of the team and replace him with Sula after his insane, goal-conceding, two-point-dropping antics last weekend. I also really like Logan Dunachie and would be more than happy with him replacing Cuddihy at right back.

McCall seemed on Saturday to stick rigidly to his 4-2-3-1 setup and when he did make changes it was still within that formation. Young didn’t come on to partner Allan in a 2 as such.

From your lineup I suspect Leitch will be injured and I’d like to see Ballantyne dropped (but doubt it will happen). Lyon at LB is possible given the Alex King has disappeared (injured?) and McGinn did not look great there last week.

Personally I would persevere with McGinn and put Lyon in at RB to allow Cuddihy into midfield but who knows what McCall will pick out of the tombola.

Kinnear

Lyon Howie Hamilton McGinn

Cuddihy Grant

Scullion Rennie Kabia

Allan

When Leitch got injured on Saturday we seemed to push Ballantyne into the number 10 position but could it be worth trying Rennie in there playing off Allan? He is a penalty box player so we are getting very little from him out wide, that’s for sure.

Leslie looked good when he came on too but from McCalls comments post match sounds like he’ll be used for impact from the bench.

Saturday was another example of our team failing to function at all without Cuddihy in midfield alongside Grant. That's where you start with the team, with Kinnear Hamilton and Allan all starting as expected, and Scullion in somewhere. 

The rest can be a mishmash hopefully involving a bit of height.

No matter how we shift the deckchair’s it’s make no real difference. We just need to hope that whoever we line up with on Saturday can have 90+ mins of concentration and no stupid gifts.

We have fallen into the trap before of starting Leslie after a promising cameo as a sub, never works, although I agree that he is often effective off the bench.

Similarly bringing in Sula every few weeks again just desperation, he will undoubtedly make at least two catastrophic mistakes per game, even if around that he is playing “quite well” Lyons is just a disaster, has no awareness defensively and the fact he tries hard and “never hides” is no reason to have him anywhere near starting lineup.

Wouldn’t mind Hynes getting a start, he will At least put in a tackle (before he inevitably gets injured) much as Rennie is awful I would also play him though the middle with Allan. No way Young can start,he is another who offered absolutely nothing. I’d imagine Leitch would be out as it looked like a hamstring injury, unless it was cramp maybe? 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, Fast_Action said:

I think that Ross Lyon has shown a marked improvement of late.  

Will disagree on that one. Stranraers only chance on target came from him ball watching 6 yards from goal when a cross came in. 

He’s made dozens of appearances for us over 2 spells, and never once looked up to it. 

On 23/04/2024 at 22:22, Clash said:

Kabia is clearly technically good, and certainly up there for most technical at the club, but that make little difference when it doesn't result in anything.  He does the same thing every game (receives the ball on the left, cuts in a little deeper and swings a ball in which is either headed out or collected by the keeper). Is he our best option on the left? Yeah, almost certainly but technical ability needs work ethic and intelligence. Leslie came on and immediately got a goal back due to his physical attributes and desire, despite being nowhere near as good as Kabia technically. 

Ballantyne may run about but off and on the ball he's shocking and offers little. Grant gets abuse all game but at least he tries to pass or create, Ballantyne is a passenger and is getting away with it imo 

Who put the ball through for Leitch on Saturday? Who cut in from the left and swung a ball in for Allan to score a few weeks ago? To say he contributes nothing is disingenuous, however when at the arse end of the league with games running out I agree that you need an all round game and not just show pony skillz