Clyde vs East Fife

Great result and it’s now in Clyde’s hands! A nervous week ahead and while Stranraer play the Champions Stenny have nothing to play for! 

2 points clear is great but the goal difference is incredibly tight so Clyde need to go with the mindset for a win.

Who said football was boring! 

Best of luck next week!

We weren’t great however weren’t ever in danger of conceding. 

The passing was a bit too slack at times when a better ball would’ve had us in more often. The balls in behind them were on all day. 

Hamilton was excellent again, thoroughly enjoyed him crunching Austin whilst getting the ball. McGinn is decent going forward but very raw, unbelievable pace though. 

Would’ve took any sort of win, but coupled with Stranraer’s early collapse at Forfar we have a great chance. 

56 minutes ago, support the underdog said:

A nervous week ahead and while Stranraer play the Champions Stenny have nothing to play for! 

Same could be said of Elgin

I know I would rather be in our position rather than Stranraer

If you had offered me a two point lead going into last game when left Stair Park 10 games or so ago would have taken it

We have got to go into next weeks game looking for a win rather than just looking to avoid defeat

4 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Same could be said of Elgin

I know I would rather be in our position rather than Stranraer

If you had offered me a two point lead going into last game when left Stair Park 10 games or so ago would have taken it

We have got to go into next weeks game looking for a win rather than just looking to avoid defeat

While I agree, you would imagine a draw would suffice. Given the number of goals scored by us and Stranraer, respectively, they'd need to beat Stenny by 3 or more if we drew. I believe Stenny have only lost by such a margin once (the 6-1 against us) in all competitions this season? 

Stranraer haven't scored in four games. They've scored three goals in their last eight.

They need to score three against Stenny if Clyde get a point at Elgin.

My worry is that Clyde play for it. Clyde are better on the front foot and an utter bombscare when inviting pressure.

Edited by DoingThe42

We should have sent the goal difference out of Stranraer's reach. McGinn's defending in the first half was awful. Kinnear's kicking was rubbish and led to East Fife's only real effort on goal.

That's all the negatives. A good performance with no lazy passengers. Scullion made a huge difference, Lyon and Rennie had great games and the midfield trio were first to everything. The referee didn't even add on a ridiculous amount of stoppage time.

It was nice to see Ian McCall smile as well.

2 hours ago, David W said:

We should have sent the goal difference out of Stranraer's reach. McGinn's defending in the first half was awful. Kinnear's kicking was rubbish and led to East Fife's only real effort on goal.

That's all the negatives. A good performance with no lazy passengers. Scullion made a huge difference, Lyon and Rennie had great games and the midfield trio were first to everything. The referee didn't even add on a ridiculous amount of stoppage time.

It was nice to see Ian McCall smile as well.

Be sure to mention my wee brother hasn’t seen us lose in 10 years, on Monday. 

The turnaround in Liam Scullion has been fairly astonishing. You can see plain as day the difference he makes to the team to the point where after Allan and Hamilton, he’d be the next name on the team sheet.

Got to hold my hands up and say I would 100% have dropped Rennie after last week but he really showed up today. He’s so frustrating, but today really highlighted why you’d keep him in the team. Howie is another one that played very well today after a bomb scare showing last weekend.

I thought the referee and stand-side lino today were absolutely terrible. The amount of times Jordan Allan was being literally flung off his feet with two hands in his back was outrageous and I’m not actually sure he got one given.

15 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Be sure to mention my wee brother hasn’t seen us lose in 10 years, on Monday. 

I'll book his train to Elgin.

The ref and stand side lino were horrendous. The East Fife left back must have gained more yards than an NFL quarterback! Should have won that with ease, but in the end +3 and Stranraer losing is all that matters. 

Lots of good performances today and they were needed! Rennie and Howie as mentioned showed up but (whisper it) Ross Lyon was very good too. Ballantyne still a major disappointment though IMO.

Feels great to have our fate in our own hands on the last day. Let’s hope we can see it over the line from here.

That was probably the most “professional” performance we’ve had under McCall (obviously Stenny 6-1 apart) far from perfect obviously but the work rate, commitment and organisation for the whole 90 mins was really good.

Some excellent performances and no failures which makes such a difference. Special mention though for Lee Hamilton… absolutely fantastic signing he has been, seemed to be limping for most of the game as he has I suppose for last 6 or 7 but still puts in an outstanding shift, as solid a defender as we’ve had for years, never gave Austin a sniff today which is a first for any Clyde defence, great player and my player of the year by a country mile.

36 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Lots of good performances today and they were needed! Rennie and Howie as mentioned showed up but (whisper it) Ross Lyon was very good too. Ballantyne still a major disappointment though IMO.

Feels great to have our fate in our own hands on the last day. Let’s hope we can see it over the line from here.

Wee bit harsh to call Ballantyne a disappointment today IMO, he put in plenty of effort and pressed East Fife high up the pitch which helped us keep East Fife relatively pinned in their own half. Fully agree that Ross Lyon was absolutely excellent today. For a guy who I don’t think anybody in our support particularly rates, he certainly never hides and he was first to absolutely everything today. Truthfully, he’s a handy player to have in your squad in League Two purely based on the fact he can play both right back and left back. You’d probably still always want to look for better but he’s a much better player now than he was whenever he made an appearance during the 18/19 season.

Hopefully the club puts on a few buses free of charge to get as many fans to next weeks game which is our most important in a number of years

Whether there is supporters buses on free of charge or not I will get there one way or other.

9 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

That was probably the most “professional” performance we’ve had under McCall (obviously Stenny 6-1 apart) far from perfect obviously but the work rate, commitment and organisation for the whole 90 mins was really good.

Some excellent performances and no failures which makes such a difference. Special mention though for Lee Hamilton… absolutely fantastic signing he has been, seemed to be limping for most of the game as he has I suppose for last 6 or 7 but still puts in an outstanding shift, as solid a defender as we’ve had for years, never gave Austin a sniff today which is a first for any Clyde defence, great player and my player of the year by a country mile.

Spot on assessment about Hamilton. Seemingly been playing through the pain barrier for over a month . Should be captain imo.

I’d also add that I was impressed with Nathan Austin yesterday the way he just got on with things. He had a difficult time and a few crunching tackles but it on every occasion got up and in fact just patted his opponent on the back. He could have got Ray Grant in bother yesterday when Ray (accidentally) caught him on the face, but again didn’t make a meal of it like 90% of players today would have.