Airdrieonians vs The Champions - 26/04/24

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Did the TV cameras get the on-field pavement dancing? Looked like one of the Airdrie fans took offence to the pitch invasion and started swinging.

Multiple cop cars and vans now arrived and several more passing me as I head back to the station!

^^^ shiteing it off the Airdrie fans. 

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Did the TV cameras get the on-field pavement dancing? Looked like one of the Airdrie fans took offence to the pitch invasion and started swinging.

Multiple cop cars and vans now arrived and several more passing me as I head back to the station!

In short, no.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nah, they kind of passed it off as the United fans wanting to celebrate in front of the cameras and Billy Dodds passed it off as saying they were thick because the cameras weren't even in.

There was a good 30-40 seconds of silence where you knew something was going on though.

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

^^^ shiteing it off the Airdrie fans. 

I’m a lover, not a fighter.

I have made the assumption it was an Airdrie fan, it may well have been some of ours fighting amongst themselves, but running across to do it in front of the airdrie support would be an odd choice in that case!

Fucking stupid having a pitch invasion after our worst performance of the season regardless.

19 minutes ago, woolf said:

😳 haven’t got a fkn clue,probably around the same time as your song book.Boring as fcuk and the same as it has been for 30 years.

The state of this guy, are you pished or something cause you're acting like a right slavering mess right now

New level of tinpot unlocked. 

Dundee fans squaring up to Airdrie after winning a league they should always be winning was so so tinpot. Considering we won you the league by beating raith. 

Your team just won the league. Go jump about instead of trying to scrap.

Edited by Diamond1924

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

New level on tinpot unlocked. 

Dundee fans squaring up to Airdrie after winning a league they should always be winning was so so tinpot. Considering we won you the league by beating raith. 

Based on absolutely f**k all clearly

3 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

New level on tinpot unlocked. 

It was embarrassing.

Happy for you to blame Dundee fans though

Bit encouraging that coming off the back of a scudding at FIrhill. Don’t know what Utd were playing at, camped on their 18 yard line for large parts of the game, allowing us to play in front of them… maybe that’s Jim getting them prepared for how they’ll play in the Prem.

As for the exuberance of the Dundee Utd faithful, well we enjoyed our time at New Douglas Park last May and also at The Falkirk Stadium in March, so suppose we’ll take that one on the chin… literally.

5 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Bit encouraging that coming off the back of a scudding at FIrhill. Don’t know what Utd were playing at, camped on their 18 yard line for large parts of the game, allowing us to play in front of them… maybe that’s Jim getting them prepared for how they’ll play in the Prem.

As for the exuberance of the Dundee Utd faithful, well we enjoyed our time at New Douglas Park last May and also at The Falkirk Stadium in March, so suppose we’ll take that one on the chin… literally.

Thought you lot were excellent tbh.

Terrible performance equal to Airdrie's good performance.

Shitey nil nil has won us the league though.

Bit of daft pitch invasion, last week was an out pouring of relief and joy, this week just seemed a bit forced. Fair play to those that done it to celebrate but starting in Airdrie fans in this instance is just poor and pointless.

Will deffo feel a bit tinpot having a pitch invasion 3 weeks in a row but I'm a bit on the fence so wouldn't hold it against anyone doing it 🤣

Anyways

Fucking YASSSSSSSSSS 

11 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Aye but I don’t recall us scrapping with Hamilton or Falkirk fans? You wouldn’t expect that sort of stuff off of a so called ‘premier’ club 

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is Sam McClelland likely to stay with the DABs or heading back to St Johnstone? 

Why is he not getting a game ahead of any of your calamitous CHs? @RandomGuy.

He got injured at the wrong time.

Struggled in the MacLean team, then had a bad injury before Levein came in and I think only returned to training after the winter break. Our form was decent and our defence improved with McGowan back in there, and rightly or wrongly Gordon plays when fit, both look more comfortable in a back 3 to me too, McClelland a back 4 CB. Levein seemed to give a lot of fringe players the option to move on loan for regular football if they wanted it and could get it, and McClelland was one who took that opportunity.