St Johnstone v Hibs 27/04/24

7 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Absolutely astounding the insufferable basement dwelling no lifers on here that follow Hibs didn't start a match thread last week.

The logic here is unquestionable..........................

Starting XI will contain Max & Smith, because they’re good honest laddies. (Ex Hearts) 

Sidibeh will be run into the ground. Benji and May will be put on with 10 minutes left to do nothing but chase long balls. 

Fran will get a 35 second cameo before Levein states he’s getting chances. 

Crawford and Macpherson will be on the bench. 

Honestly, sack the fucking idiot. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I know the manager describes it thus, as do the media and various Saints fans online, and I’ve sat and watched our last few matches trying to be convinced, but it 4-4-2 all day long for me!! Or 4-4-1-1 when Clark drops in. 

It's 4-4-1-1 for sure, but with two left backs and nobody playing on the right of midfield, so on paper it's a 5-3-2

It's a shame Sprangler is injured as I'm not sure a proper 4 man midfield works with the other CMs, which is why I think Smith/Max and Gallacher go central a lot defensively. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's 4-4-1-1 for sure, but with two left backs and nobody playing on the right of midfield, so on paper it's a 5-3-2

It's a shame Sprangler is injured as I'm not sure a proper 4 man midfield works with the other CMs, which is why I think Smith/Max and Gallacher go central a lot defensively. 

It switches when we don't have the ball though. Robinson shuffles in and Gallacher drops back. 

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

It switches when we don't have the ball though. Robinson shuffles in and Gallacher drops back. 

I think thats just sometimes. Im sure when plays down our right you'll often see Gallacher go more central and it's very much a 4-4-1-1, then when teams attack down our left it's more a back 5 as you say.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agree!

Since I was of an age to understand football I don't think I've seen a Saints team that has left me oblivious to what formation they are playing but Levein has managed it.

Like others, it looks, sounds and smells like a back four to me but the manager talks about a three.

The summer will be a time for some R & R, relegation and Rhys McCabe.

39 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Only a few more weeks of watching Considine drag his Zimmer around the pitch.

You question starting him at LCB against this Hibs attack, tbh.

8 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Think Considine has had a better season this season than last. Credit to him. Absolutely cannot stay with us though.

Anyone else's (official) stream no working?

Started working just in time to see the groundsman's green socks.

Jinxed it - not working at all

Edited by FrankChickens1