Ayr v The Pars- final Friday feeling

Hearing that Mehmet smacked his head off the ground after slipping at one of the goals and it was likely a bad concussion that eventually caused him to collapse. 

They went to get the defib initially as a precaution as there had been no one near him and he was drifting in and out of consciousness.

Never nice to see something like that, hope he's doing okay.

He sat down at a goal kick, from an effort he wasn’t involved in, I think most folk thought he was at it and trying to waste time. 
After treatment he got up and took the goal kick, which made it look like he was at it. 
As soon as he took the kick, he went to one knee and hand, he then lay on his back and didn’t move for a while. It became one of those moments where you just hope he was ok. A player going down for no obvious reason like that is always worrying. It didn’t look like a knock. The physio treated him about a minute before so if there was any concern of a head knock he would have been off. 

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Hearing that Mehmet smacked his head off the ground after slipping at one of the goals and it was likely a bad concussion that eventually caused him to collapse. 

They went to get the defib initially as a precaution as there had been no one near him and he was drifting in and out of consciousness.

Never nice to see something like that, hope he's doing okay.

I think in the build up to McRoberts’ goal he slipped when the ball was played through to Tomlinson. He seemed to stay on the ground after slipping which allowed the goal to happen. Didn’t think anything was wrong after that until he went down after the third goal.

I thought I seen the defibrillator being brought on, really worrying for a while. Hope he's ok, result kinda paled into insignificance at that point.

Musonda shocking for their first goal, carbon copy of the one McGinty gave away up at their place last time. I think, and hope, that'll be McGinty away. He's improved no doubt but if Smith is serious about challenging at the other end of the table we need a clear out.

Glad to hear McPake say that Mehmet was more alert and talking in the back of the ambulance. But sounds a hellish couple of minutes. Hope the doctors can get to the bottom of it and he can enjoy his holiday.

Good to hear Den is Ok.

In terms of the game, both teams showing why they never got further than mid table. Some brutal defending but an entertaining game to see the season out.

Thought Taylor Sutherland looked dangerous when he came on, we might have a genuine talent there. KRH needs time playing further up the pitch, Thought he showed glimpses of what can do. Quite a few good young players who have been out for too long through injury this season and maybe see the best of them next year.

Walcott, Hayes and Kane are all welcome back next year out of the loan players, but there might be competion.

I'll take sixth for our first year back but next year looks a good chance of promotion. Board need to sanction the finances for a genuine promotion push next year. Big summer ahead according to McPake which sounds a wee bit exciting.

2 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

I think in the build up to McRoberts’ goal he slipped when the ball was played through to Tomlinson. He seemed to stay on the ground after slipping which allowed the goal to happen. Didn’t think anything was wrong after that until he went down after the third goal.

Exactly this 👏 

Any update on your goalie?

Hope he is doing well.

Every single person in the stadium applauded when he was carted off and showing some movement.

Think everyone would happily have stopped the game then.

Glad to hear Mehmet is OK.

Looked serious and was quite ominous seeing the blue light ambulance driving to the stadium.

Strange game, both teams defences atrocious at times. For next season though Brown will need to work on cutting out the mistakes at the back. Not the first game it's happened and Dunfermline were clinical enough to punish us for it.