Rovers 🔵 🦁 v 🍆 🎣🐠 Arbroath - Friday Night

Just now, grumswall said:

Ross Matthews is our best option at rb. I'm not just basing that off of tonight 

I'm inclined to agree, he's now at CB 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm inclined to agree, he's now at CB 

Don't think it's a wild progression for him positionally either considering his strengths. 

Either way get him signed up for next season pots/ Murray! 

If only Raith had been doing this instead of shitting the bed against Arbroath all season...

All the best in the play-offs, lads, would be a much better addition than either teams currently in the Prem are.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Ross Matthews is our best option at rb. I'm not just basing that off of tonight 

Maybe at CB, now we’ll see.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If only Raith had been doing this instead of shitting the bed against Arbroath all season...

All the best in the play-offs, lads, would be a much better addition than either teams currently in the Prem are.

If only we”d done this last match vs DU…but then she’d be our uncle.

Feel for the Arbroath fans that came to watch that showing. To a man they didn't look interested or at any point did they look even semi decent. 

For Rovers, Kyle Turner was excellent tonight, probably my man of the match. Good to see Hamilton get a goal too. 

On 01/05/2024 at 22:26, RAITHROVERS84 said:

5-0

Backed it at 14/1

That resembled the team we seen more of at the start of the season.

Ball down and some lovely football. Really enjoyed our play down the left with McGill and Turner.

Good confidence builder and nice to see Hamilton with a goal too.

Only blight on the night was Corr. Feel really sorry for the lad, waited all season for his chance, gets in and takes it, all for another innocuous injury to write him off.

Good luck next season Arbroath. Think a wee clear out and start again required on that squad along with getting your manager punted.

Nice end to the league campaign. Really good performance and energy from the team where they just seemed to want to get forward at every opportunity even when game looked dead and buried at half time. Could and probably should have been more.

McGill, Smith and Turner were the high points for me tonight, all three excellent. 
A bit harsh of Vaughan not to let Smith take one of the penalties but that’s what strikers do I guess. 

A more entertaining game than it could have been and a good wee confidence builder for the play-offs. 

McGill and Turner were brilliant tonight. Enjoyed that one, most goals my boys have seen Raith score in a game so they are home happy. 

Couple of good saves again from Kev, another clean sheet. Bring on the playoffs.

Posted (edited)

Nice comfortable win against a team who understandably played like they couldn't wait for their season to end. How Turner didn't get MoM is beyond me. He was outstanding tonight. McGill and Matthews excellent too. Real shame for Corr. That's him done for the season surely. Was doing well too recently.

Edited by bagpuss

The most clinical performance all season, granted against a team who didn't fucking care however confidence going into the play-offs. As above Turner and McGill both excellent, Matthews at RB to start I thought WTF but it seemed to work.

Week off to get some back to full fitness. I'm hopeful of at least playing 4 more games rather than 2.