Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

15 hours ago, Munoz said:

Big team found.

Are you not named after a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland? Literally a random stoater that rocked up and started belting out nonsense. That's like us being named after Fast Eddie. 

Also: The name Paisley derives from the Brythonic (Cumbric) Passeleg, 'basilica' (derived from the Greek), i.e. 'major church' 

Club shop found.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So let me get this right, after being called out for stalkerish behaviour of still having the link for an old Twitter account (so a dead link, which is no longer just searchable) of a former player you don't like, your response is, 'Haha, a team nearby you has more seats!'

As I say, what a fucking state.

I have a whole list of fitba-related URLs saved in my favourites. I follow nearly 1,000 accounts on Twitter, so keep the important ones handy. I didn't delete Carson's after he left the club....a sure sign of stalking, you'd better phone the police! 

46 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Are you not named after a Roman Catholic from Northern Ireland? Literally a random stoater that rocked up and started belting out nonsense. That's like us being named after Fast Eddie. 

Also: The name Paisley derives from the Brythonic (Cumbric) Passeleg, 'basilica' (derived from the Greek), i.e. 'major church' 

Club shop found.

😂 Inevitable! 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So let me get this right, after being called out for stalkerish behaviour of still having the link for an old Twitter account (so a dead link, which is no longer just searchable) of a former player you don't like, your response is, 'Haha, a team nearby you has more seats!'

As I say, what a fucking state.

And yet here you are... 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

And yet here you are... 

In a thread that's supposed to be discussing the upcoming game? 

What point are you trying to make exactly?

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whilst you're here, make yourself useful. Are you missing any key players? I'm sure I read big Joe's out. 

The weather's looking okay. There will be some light rain between now and Saturday, but I'm guessing your ground staff will be working hard to ensure that the game goes ahead.

If Dundee and St Mirren had a joint all-time time does anyone think that there would be a single Saint in it? 

I'm thinking Mark Yardley would maybe pip Alan Gilzean but that's about it.  

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Black & White Stripes is not the person in a state here is the point. You and the club shop man are. 

500 more tickets given by Dundee taking the overall allocation to 1800 - these will probably sell out too but unless that happens today or early tomorrow, I reckon we'll probably not ask for any more.

27 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Black & White Stripes is not the person in a state here is the point. You and the club shop man are. 

I mean, I know you need to back your fellow St Mirren fans, but deary me.

42 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

If Dundee and St Mirren had a joint all-time time does anyone think that there would be a single Saint in it? 

I'll take the Saints-loaded XI and zero administrations, cheers.

45 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Are you only including players who were great players for Dundee or are you including has-beens who helped you go bust?

Assuming the former, I'll give you Dave Mackay, Alan Gilzean and Gordon Strachan. The rest of the team would be Buddies. Actually thinking about it, Frank McAvennie or Dougie Somner would probably oust Gilzean for the striker role.

I know you were joking about Yardley and I know he scored a lot of goals for us, but if I was to name the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best saints teams of all time, sadly the big man would not feature in any of them.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

500 more tickets given by Dundee taking the overall allocation to 1800 - these will probably sell out too but unless that happens today or early tomorrow, I reckon we'll probably not ask for any more.

Find this baffling and all clubs seem to be guilty of it. No one is going to be sitting in the same stand as the away fans in any circumstances, so why can’t we just give you 3000 tickets and tell you to bash on.  You’re more than capable of selling it in blocks if that’s what we or the police ask you to do, so why make it more difficult.

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you only including players who were great players for Dundee or are you including has-beens who helped you go bust?

Assuming the former, I'll give you Dave Mackay, Alan Gilzean and Gordon Strachan. The rest of the team would be Buddies. Actually thinking about it, Frank McAvennie or Dougie Somner would probably oust Gilzean for the striker role.

image.jpeg.b324e96adc63310759db1d107be48615.jpeg

13 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Find this baffling and all clubs seem to be guilty of it. No one is going to be sitting in the same stand as the away fans in any circumstances, so why can’t we just give you 3000 tickets and tell you to bash on.  You’re more than capable of selling it in blocks if that’s what we or the police ask you to do, so why make it more difficult.

We've done the exact same thing to Killie the week after and I don't get it, especially as Kilmarnock have been consistently our best attended away support (apart from the arsecheeks) for years. Even when they have been shite they almost always sell the away end out.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Whilst you're here, make yourself useful. Are you missing any key players? I'm sure I read big Joe's out. 

The weather's looking okay. There will be some light rain between now and Saturday, but I'm guessing your ground staff will be working hard to ensure that the game goes ahead.

Shaugnessy has done his Achilles I think. Beck is still injured. Haven’t heard any other players will be missing. Cameron wasn’t playing against Celtic so hoping he’s back for this.

11 minutes ago, K.T said:

Shaugnessy has done his Achilles I think. Beck is still injured. Haven’t heard any other players will be missing. Cameron wasn’t playing against Celtic so hoping he’s back for this.

Hopefully not, first time I saw him playing was in the cup game that we won on penalties in January 2023 when he came off the bench and looked superb and has been comfortably Dundee's standout every time I've watched them against us since.

Even in the Scotland U21s a few weeks ago at St. Mirren Park, him and Kieran Bowie (and Doig but he's already been there) looked like the two players I'd have said could kick onto the full squad in future.