Gers v Stripes - Sunday fitba spectacular

Please hing oan, Killie, in the most Sevco-frustrating way imaginable. The telly's rubbish the night and I want to enjoy a seething RangersMedia.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

It is a red card under the laws, but I do wonder whether there should be a similar leniency applied in those situations as with penalties which would otherwise be DOGSO when the defender is adjudged to have made an attempt to play the ball: i.e. if the handball can reasonably be believed not to be 'deliberate', it is yellow rather than red. 

The equivalent in hockey is the ball hitting the foot. In normal play, it's only a foul if the player gains an advantage from it, or it prevents the opposition from gaining an advantage, and it's only a card if it's done deliberately. It seems complex in writing, but in practice works really well, and is far more simple than "unnatural position" and "silhouettes".

In that case, the penalty would have been awarded, but Wright wouldn't have received a card, which seems a far more sensible outcome.

Crocker’s now telling the Rangers to stick with it 🤣. Cunt isn’t even attempting to hide his bias and desperation.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

So if you're standing on the line with your hands by your side and the ball hits your arm you're getting sent off? No chance.

If his hands were by his side, and the ball hits his arm, it wouldn't be an offence...

8 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

So if you're standing on the line with your hands by your side and the ball hits your arm you're getting sent off? No chance.

Give it up.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

The equivalent in hockey is the ball hitting the foot. In normal play, it's only a foul if the player gains an advantage from it, or it prevents the opposition from gaining an advantage, and it's only a card if it's done deliberately. It seems complex in writing, but in practice works really well, and is far more simple than "unnatural position" and "silhouettes".

In that case, the penalty would have been awarded, but Wright wouldn't have received a card, which seems a far more sensible outcome.

Nah in hockey it is always a free hit if the ball hits the foot and a penalty corner if it happens in the circle. Zero leniency.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Nah in hockey it is always a free hit if the ball hits the foot and a penalty corner if it happens in the circle. Zero leniency.

It really isn't.

It actually states it in the rules

9.11 Field players must not stop, kick, propel, pick up, throw or carry the ball with any part of their body.

It is not always an offence if the ball hits the foot, hand or body of a field player. The player only commits an offence if they gain an advantage or if they position themselves with the intention of stopping the ball in this way.

Edited by Mark Connolly

Thing is, a home win here definitely suits St. Mirren's interests more than any other outcome.

I can't for the life of me root against Killie here though. When you see how clueless the officials are, how high they stack the already uneven deck when the cards are down and how much harder they will always make it for visiting teams to get anything from Ibrox or Parkhead, then nah, f**k them.

They, like the rest of us are the eternal underdogs going to Ibrox or Parkhead and I can't ever honestly root against that. 

Steven Thompson on Sportsound: 'You can understand why there's grumps and groans from the Rangers supporters.'

Grumps and groans = booing, ursine bellowing, demands for the summary execution of the SFA, the SPFL, The Pope and Humza Yousaf, furiously angry peeing over the row in front.