Kyle Hutton

14 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Apparently some issue over his eligibility to play in the West final for Darvel.

In what way, due to being on loan from Pollok or being cup tied? (appears he was an unused sub v Petershill)

20 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

On loan but only a gentlemen’s agreement that he couldn’t play.

No actual rule that he couldn’t play.

Ok -heard the clubs had a formal agreement he couldn’t play against the parent club but maybe that isn’t the case 

27 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

There is no such thing as a formal agreement.

As I understand, it can be written into the loan agreement between clubs. Not saying it has just saying it can (or certainly a few years ago it could)

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

As I understand, it can be written into the loan agreement between clubs. Not saying it has just saying it can (or certainly a few years ago it could)

It can but it is not enforceable.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Ok -heard the clubs had a formal agreement he couldn’t play against the parent club but maybe that isn’t the case 

7 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The WOSFL clarified before the match that any such clauses are invalid in their competitions.

IMG-20240428-WA0004.jpg

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The WOSFL clarified before the match that any such clauses are invalid in their competitions.

IMG-20240428-WA0004.jpg

Thanks for this. 

An interesting comment from the league. it used to be the SFA registrations department that decided on clauses being legitimate or not as any illegitimate clauses would see it rejected. 

Totally get that pollok had financial problems and that Was probably a reason to loan the player out but it's quite unusual for clubs to loan players out to your immediate rivals,  usually down the leagues or to the Lowland league or ' senior ' leagues if possible ( to Avoid them coming back to bite you) but to a direct junior (😉) rival  in the same league is unusual . 

Fully  understand this was a cup game right enough however there's a high likelihood that the west cup final would contain two premier league teams in it .

3 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally get that pollok had financial problems and that Was probably a reason to loan the player out but it's quite unusual for clubs to loan players out to your immediate rivals,  usually down the leagues or to the Lowland league or ' senior ' leagues if possible ( to Avoid them coming back to bite you) but to a direct junior (😉) rival  in the same league is unusual . 

Fully  understand this was a cup game right enough however there's a high likelihood that the west cup final would contain two premier league teams in it .

If what you're saying is right, Pollok are that skint that they couldn't just cancel his loan deal cos it meant they'd have to pay his wages till his contract run out. They then wanted to deny the player the chance to play in a cup final for a team that has actually paid his wages for months. Why is Pollok holding on to him? Are they due a big transfer fee?

10 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

If what you're saying is right, Pollok are that skint that they couldn't just cancel his loan deal cos it meant they'd have to pay his wages till his contract run out. They then wanted to deny the player the chance to play in a cup final for a team that has actually paid his wages for months. Why is Pollok holding on to him? Are they due a big transfer fee?

I've no idea mate I'm not a Pollock fan.

But in a ruthless sport like football ' gentleman agreements ' seldom work but I reckon good junior clubs like Talbot,arthurlie , meadow and  beith would have fulfilled that agreement.....darvel in the other hand 🤔

28 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I've no idea mate I'm not a Pollock fan.

But in a ruthless sport like football ' gentleman agreements ' seldom work but I reckon good junior clubs like Talbot,arthurlie , meadow and  beith would have fulfilled that agreement.....darvel in the other hand 🤔

Most clubs do honour the agreements made.

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

He left because he didn’t perform. Only had one decent game for Pollok. Hutton out and Faulds in is the only reason we got to the final. 

3 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

He left because he didn’t perform. Only had one decent game for Pollok. Hutton out and Faulds in is the only reason we got to the final. 

So if he was that bad then why feel the need to request he doesn't play against you?