The Kate Forbes thread

Sonam

14 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

As opposed to sensible policies like allowing children to transition without their parents consent.

I was wondering if you were still around on here. Wanted to say good luck in the upcoming election.

On 17/04/2024 at 15:00, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Isn't Forbes currently miles ahead in straw polls of SNP members? Meaning that she surely has to stand, presumably against Swinney.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

She said she would have voted against the same sex marriage bill so that doesn’t stack up. She’s a despicable person. 

She refuses to frequent probably the best bakery in Inverness because of the owners’ sexual preferences.  Dispicable is putting it mildly.  

5 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Isn't Forbes currently miles ahead in straw polls of SNP members? Meaning that she surely has to stand, presumably against Swinney.

I’m sure I heard she’s in the lead, with Jenny Gilruth a few points behind.

They've managed to get the wiki page up quickly:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Scottish_National_Party_leadership_election

According to this, Gilruth, Gray, Flynn and McAllan have all declined?  Is that correct?

53 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

As opposed to sensible policies like allowing children to transition without their parents consent.

She's apparently quite deeply homophobic due to her fire and brimstone religious views. Personally I don't think that's acceptable in this day and age. Also, she's a thinly veiled Tory. 

42 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

What straw polls exactly? The only backing I've heard of so far is from the usual suspects Fergus Ewing (who campaigned against same sex marriage) and Joanna Cherry (Transfinder General).

44 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I’m sure I heard she’s in the lead, with Jenny Gilruth a few points behind.

I'm sure I heard = I just made this up

4 minutes ago, PogoStick said:

It would be an absolute minter. Can lead her country but not her church due to being a woman.

How can she reconcile that?

Tartan bunnet shortbread cringe.

You'll have to remind me when there was ever a female Pope? or Archbishop of Canterbury? or even an Imam at the local mosque?

Selective bollocks.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

She'd struggle to get confirmed by Parliament as FM without them, which they might well do to avoid an immediate Holyrood election. 

She'd be gift to Labour in the General Election too for the leftie vote.

Those Lefties will be f*cking disappointed then

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What straw polls exactly? 

Come on Welshy - we all knpw that Jedi isn't a total fantisist.

All you need ro do is google "Forbes currently miles ahead in straw polls of SNP members" and look at the first result - Forbes leads as the public’s preferred next First Minister

It's even quite recent - from 9th March 2023

16 minutes ago, wirez said:

You'll have to remind me when there was ever a female Pope? or Archbishop of Canterbury? or even an Imam at the local mosque?

Selective bollocks.

There was alleged to be a female pope once and the papal chair had a hole made in the seat so a cardinal could discretely check for said bollocks before the white smoke was issued,

There's people on the left who could also be social conservatives too - a historic example being 1970s Trade Union leaders when dealing with feminism. 

And there are those who are fiscally conservative who can also be socially liberal. 

So I'm a bit confused by this "conservative" wing of the SNP. I also laugh at the idea that Scottish Labour are full of Bennites and the Militant Tendency in comparison. 

But what's amusing is that Joanna Cherry's radical feminism is probably just as unacceptable to the social conservatives as the Gender Recognition bill. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

There was alleged to be a female pope once and the papal chair had a hole made in the seat so a cardinal could discretely check for said bollocks before the white smoke was issued,

Yeah heard that story. Sounds bollocks.

Probably the inspiration for the Robert Harris novel out a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A debate about which religion is most sexist!  :lol:

It's The Church of the Flying Get in the Kitchen Bitch and make my Spaghetti Monster or The Seventh Day Sidthesexists

2 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Kate Forbes is MI5

😆

Her latest orders must be to stand down and have a rest. No threat on the horizon from - the names Swinney...John Swinney