The Kate Forbes thread

Sonam

38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s been quite some time since I posted in this particular sub forum.  I take it he turns all the threads into pseudo right wing defences of the incel community for no reason?

Only when Incelton gets involved tbh.

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't really think that the Free Church of Scotland and Kate Forbes are in any way related to the incel community.

Paedophile ring at a pizza place?

Instead of going round the houses on Forbes' faith, she wouldn't get anything passed even if she wanted to repeal e.g. same sex marriage so it's a waste of time.  

It's more important to look at her enthusiasm for deregulated capitalism IMO 

IPSOS poll for STV NEWS@6pm

Forbes has a 6point lead over Swinney amongst the electorate (public)

Swinney has a lead ... size not mentioned ... amongst SNP voters

Sample size 1000 +

Edited by TONTROOPER
ERROR

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Instead of going round the houses on Forbes' faith, she wouldn't get anything passed even if she wanted to repeal e.g. same sex marriage so it's a waste of time.  

It's more important to look at her enthusiasm for deregulated capitalism IMO 

Good luck finding a country not involved in capitalism 

6 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

IPSOS poll for STV NEWS@6pm

Forbes has a 6point lead over Swinney amongst the electorate (public)

Swinney has a lead ... size not mentioned ... amongst SNP Members

Sample size 1000 +

Shocker if it turns out that the general public in Scotland loves abstinence.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not what I said at all.  

"Not keen on capital punishment, myself"
"Ha! Good luck finding a country where nobody ever dies!"

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I don't really think that the Free Church of Scotland and Kate Forbes are in any way related to the incel community.

Maybe a question for the hustings?

1 hour ago, Binos said:

She's religious,  so is anas sarwar

Negative media coverage re sarwar, zero

John Swinney is a devout Roman Catholic. 

I'm rather surprised that the boorish and overbearing amongst us tolerated this and stayed within the SNP for so long, especially so since he has previous for telling others what they can and cannot do with their bodies

Just now, sophia said:

John Swinney is a devout Roman Catholic. 

I'm rather surprised that the boorish and overbearing amongst us tolerated this and stayed within the SNP for so long, especially so since he has previous for telling others what they can and cannot do with their bodies

Radio Scotland earlier quoted him as a Catholic but made a correction stating he was CoS.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Radio Scotland earlier quoted him as a Catholic but made a correction stating he was CoS.

That's where I heard it earlier today but I didn't hear the later clarification, so thanks for the correction. 

The substantive point stands though. 

Just now, sophia said:

That's where I heard it earlier today but I didn't hear the later clarification, so thanks for the correction. 

The substantive point stands though. 

It was a member of his party, possibly an MSP who made the original statement, this prompted the station making the correction. 

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It was a member of his party, possibly an MSP who made the original statement, this prompted the station making the correction. 

Yep, Michelle Thomson who I assume was trying to add some context to all of the shrillness 

5 hours ago, tirso said:

I think Forbes religious views should be left out of debate as Humza Yousaf's was.  Being a wee free is part of people's identity in certain parts of the country, it doesn't mean its followers are stridently admonishing anyone or wanting the churches teachings into national policy.

She seems far more measured than that and some of the over aggressive language on here anyway.

That said I wouldn't vote for her as SNP leader.

Lord Mackay of Clashfern, the Lord Chancellor and top law officer in Margaret Thatchers government, an Invernessian and the son of a railway worker was severely admonished by the Free Church for attending the funeral of two Roman Catholic colleagues in London, he was suspended as an elder and asked to repent and vow that he would not attend a Catholic service again.

The Free Church regarded a Roman Catholic Mass as an abomination against god.

He resigned from the Free Church and worshipped in the Associated Presbyterian Church here in Inverness.

He had an illustrious career from humble beginnings but in religion he stood by his principles.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Lord Mackay of Clashfern, the Lord Chancellor and top law officer in Margaret Thatchers government, an Invernessian and the son of a railway worker was severely admonished by the Free Church for attending the funeral of two Roman Catholic colleagues in London, he was suspended as an elder and asked to repent and vow that he would not attend a Catholic service again.

The Free Church regarded a Roman Catholic Mass as an abomination against god.

He resigned from the Free Church and worshipped in the Associated Presbyterian Church here in Inverness.

He had an illustrious career from humble beginnings but in religion he stood by his principles.

I though the APC was set up by Lord MacKay and his supporters?