Cove vs Edinburgh

I am sure everyone involved in this match is looking forward to it being over.

Not much else to say there.

Forecast looks nice at least… so it will probably be another Haar covered match

2 hours ago, Jo9 said:

I am sure everyone involved in this match is looking forward to it being over.

Not much else to say there.

Hopefully the last time we'll see a lot of this squad and manager at this club. Need a massive clear out.

Edited by covefan97

3 hours ago, Carmel Wafer said:

Coming up from Edinburgh, would be good to get a result to sign off.

Would not be surprised at all if you got a result our players aren't very good and have completely chucked it. And they all seem to get injured so probably end up with 2/3 on the bench again.

52 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Would not be surprised at all if you got a result our players aren't very good and have completely chucked it. And they all seem to get injured so probably end up with 2/3 on the bench again.

Your sentiment is correct but I would slightly disagree about chucking it. The reality was that we needed Fyvie and Burrell to be firing at the same time as the signings were poor to say the least. 

When they did we could compete and we did. It’s hard when an era ends but that’s what’s happening now. Mitch hasn’t been prolific this season, Reynolds I’m afraid is done and Yule and Scully need supported moving forward. We simply have been set up to fail in the last half of the season. Poor forward planning, a misunderstanding of the loan market and a naivety of this division that’s baffling. We have been there before!! When Annan and Edinburgh City have bigger squads you know you have an issue. 

Root and branch clear out SHOULD be the order of the day it’s apparently what a faction of the board want, however I see a fans forum is set up for next week with the manager, chairman and conveniently the director of football. Supporters club only which harks back to the bad old days of the old guard agreeing with much of what the board says. Hopefully there will be enough there who will make it clear to the board that the manager must go, as should the coaching staff, goal keeping coach and anyone connected with this abomination of a season if you discount Roman Burrell. 

59 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Root and branch clear out SHOULD be the order of the day it’s apparently what a faction of the board want, however I see a fans forum is set up for next week with the manager, chairman and conveniently the director of football. Supporters club only which harks back to the bad old days of the old guard agreeing with much of what the board says. Hopefully there will be enough there who will make it clear to the board that the manager must go, as should the coaching staff, goal keeping coach and anyone connected with this abomination of a season if you discount Roman Burrell. 

I doubt the Manager will even turn up to be honest.

I think there are enough dissenting voices around now that hopefully something will be said,  but that relies on them even wanting to go to the evening in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

. Hopefully there will be enough there who will make it clear to the board that the manager must go, as should the coaching staff, goal keeping coach and anyone connected with this abomination of a season if you discount Roman Burrell. 

One of the top XI players in the league and he's scored XXI goals. He hasn't played against the Celts and the H*ns this season though.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

14 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Your sentiment is correct but I would slightly disagree about chucking it. The reality was that we needed Fyvie and Burrell to be firing at the same time as the signings were poor to say the least. 

When they did we could compete and we did. It’s hard when an era ends but that’s what’s happening now. Mitch hasn’t been prolific this season, Reynolds I’m afraid is done and Yule and Scully need supported moving forward. We simply have been set up to fail in the last half of the season. Poor forward planning, a misunderstanding of the loan market and a naivety of this division that’s baffling. We have been there before!! When Annan and Edinburgh City have bigger squads you know you have an issue. 

Is it a open door forum or a selected few the usual suspects who expect everything the club feeds them? 

As you say sad when a era ends. This shouldn’t just include what’s happening on the pitch has to be DOF and the coaching team. Saying that if they do fire the bullet At Hartley i can see Sheran walking. 

Just a funny feeling the board won’t sack him 

10 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Is it a open door forum or a selected few the usual suspects who expect everything the club feeds them? 

Anyone who has joined the supporters club has been invited.  Which feels fair enough, but like I mentioned above, whether or not a lot of them would even want to go is another question.

21 hours ago, Moorie said:

As you say sad when a era ends. This shouldn’t just include what’s happening on the pitch has to be DOF and the coaching team. Saying that if they do fire the bullet At Hartley i can see Sheran walking. 

Just a funny feeling the board won’t sack him 

I’ve no concrete facts but you hear things and it could be that some on the board want rid (he was almost binned after the Montrose debacle if that rumour that came from a player is to be believed) others want him to stay. I hope next Thursday isn’t a sign that he is staying for another season as that to me is what this little get together is seemingly all about. 

I am permitted to attend but sadly I’m off doing my best to pollute the planet at a conference. 

3 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

I am permitted to attend but sadly I’m off doing my best to pollute the planet at a conference. 

Aye, that buffet food they serve can be windy

On 29/04/2024 at 14:46, Jo9 said:

Apologies all.  I tempted fate it seems. 

IMG_3615.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Is your social club open for away fans also?

If it is what time does it open please?

It’s yeah.  And it’s 11:30 I believe it opens.

I wonder what Paul Hartley's hit rate over the last two seasons for signings is. He has signed tons of players for Hartlepool and Cove. How many good signings out of that lot?  Not too many.

1 minute ago, Strathman said:

I wonder what Paul Hartley's hit rate over the last two seasons for signings is. He has signed tons of players for Hartlepool and Cove. How many good signings out of that lot?  Not too many.

He had a diabolical record at Falkirk.

Posted (edited)

Funnily enough I was in Starbucks up at Altens with my daughter one Saturday morning when Hartley was talking to Fraser Fyvie. The signing was announced the following Monday 🤣

I’m no Hartley fan but you can’t get much better than that. When he is fit he could still cut it 2 levels higher. But he isn’t on both fronts.

Logan was a good signing as well as Mark Reynolds but I’m struggling to think of a young player he has signed who has cemented his place in the team. The bulk has been the HL lads who have seen us alright for too long. The scattergun approach in the summer was a dereliction of duty. Who signed off on that should be ashamed of themselves. I think Nick Suman has been the best of a very average lot, Mark Gallagher could be a player at this level and Kyle Connell as well but I’m loosing patience with the latter. 

A new manager is desperately required. It’s very clear that Hartley doesn’t have the all round skills required in this day and age. His motivation is dreadful, man management skills poor and his eye for a player is no better than an average fan. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

9 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Funnily enough I was in Starbucks up at Altens with my daughter one Saturday morning when Hartley was talking to Fraser Fyvie. The signing was announced the following Monday 🤣

I’m no Hartley fan but you can’t get much better than that. When he is fit he could still cut it 2 levels higher. But he isn’t on both fronts.

Logan was a good signing as well as Mark Reynolds but I’m struggling to think of a young player he has signed who has cemented his place in the team. The bulk has been the HL lads who have seen us alright for too long. The scattergun approach in the summer was a dereliction of duty. Who signed off on that should be ashamed of themselves. I think Nick Suman has been the best of a very average lot, Mark Gallagher could be a player at this level and Kyle Connell as well but I’m loosing patience with the latter. 

A new manager is desperately required. It’s very clear that Hartley doesn’t have the all round skills required in this day and age. His motivation is dreadful, man management skills poor and his eye for a player is no better than an average fan. 

As much as he deserves credit for the Fyvie, Logan and Reynolds signings it could be argued all 3 based in Aberdeen anyway the latter working/owning business in the city so going to cove was the best option for these guys.

Looking in from the outside the negative definitely out weighs the good in players Hartley is signed from his first game to now only 3/4 have survived? With still at least two of them being shifted out to play out of position most of this time.

Very interested to see how you’s go into next season. I do hope common sense is seen at board level and Hartley gets moved on.  
Hopefully they realize a mix of PT/FT is better option as I do think you will struggle to attract a high caliber of FT players that will help you push on.