Queen's Park v Airdrie - the season's climax

Great result! 

Very good all round team performance. 

Airdrie didn't chuck it but maybe weren't on it 100%.

Two excellent finishes. 

I would like us to offer Cillian Sheridan a TWO year contract. 

I don't know what he's like in training but he should be worth his wait in gold helping on Paton and McLeish.

I know it isn't important but I would like him to give the support a wee wave when he gets a standing ovation.

As I said, no biggie, it might just be his style. 

3 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

I know it isn't important but I would like him to give the support a wee wave when he gets a standing ovation

It's important to me. All of our players need to acknowledge the fans more. Much more.

On a related note, I'm perfectly aware of the abuse Paton has been getting from Airdrie fans this season but I was furious when he chose to taunt them after scoring yesterday, rather than running towards us and celebrating his goal, in a home game. I know there are very few of us, but that doesn't mean we simply don't exist. 

17 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Is Ruari Paton one of the biggest arseholes to have ever played the beautiful game? (rhetorical question)

And I wish we had more of his attitude in our side..............no more mister nice guy........gets you nowhere

The reason you're posting this............... is you wish he was in your team.🤣

54 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It's important to me. All of our players need to acknowledge the fans more. Much more.

On a related note, I'm perfectly aware of the abuse Paton has been getting from Airdrie fans this season but I was furious when he chose to taunt them after scoring yesterday, rather than running towards us and celebrating his goal, in a home game. I know there are very few of us, but that doesn't mean we simply don't exist. 

Don’t agree with this. I don’t even know if I’d even like football if this sort of shithousing didn’t exist 😀

3 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Tbf it was absolutely hilarious and also he would have to run to the other side of the ground to celebrate with the home fans. 

Also, it's hard to celebrate with fans when they are miles away at Hampden.

16 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Tbf it was absolutely hilarious and also he would have to run to the other side of the ground to celebrate with the home fans. 

Also, it's hard to celebrate with fans when they are miles away at Hampden.

And he's too young for a bus pass.

On 29/04/2024 at 20:12, Hampden Diehard said:

I was hopeful for the Arbroath game, but didn't see a five goal spanking on the cards.

Great that it's back in our own hands now and even better than that Airdrie will have at least one eye on the playoffs. 

Big Dunc will maybe contribute to the debate but, Airdrie, feel free to freewheel through this one.

A QP win and Paton to end his goal drought.

I cannot wait for this season to end.

You got what you wished for IMG-20240504-WA0014.thumb.jpg.ddb1bbf92e6a2574701f31a8a3e950f8.jpg

3 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

And I wish we had more of his attitude in our side..............no more mister nice guy........gets you nowhere

The reason you're posting this............... is you wish he was in your team.🤣

No excuse for it at all. A player purposefully making a bee line to opposition fans and giving them the v is not a role model for your young fans. 

He's a good player but he's a thick clown. A diddy who can't accept it didn't work out for his pal with his case. 

He was in great form at our player of the year awards last week and after the game yesterday.

Took the time to chat with fans of all ages and happy to stop for photos etc.

An all round good guy who is just fine as a role model thank you very much. 

10 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

He was in great form at our player of the year awards last week and after the game yesterday.

Took the time to chat with fans of all ages and happy to stop for photos etc.

An all round good guy who is just fine as a role model thank you very much. 

Nope, a thick clown who can't accept the decision that went against his pal. Take your medicine like a man and not the clown that you are. 

21 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

No excuse for it at all. A player purposefully making a bee line to opposition fans and giving them the v is not a role model for your young fans. 

He's a good player but he's a thick clown. A diddy who can't accept it didn't work out for his pal with his case. 

Always forget the ‘be a role model for the opposition fans weans’ line in the contract.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Nope, a thick clown who can't accept the decision that went against his pal. Take your medicine like a man and not the clown that you are. 

Aye, he's the one making a clown of himself on this thread, not yourself. 

As a poster said on the Airdrie thread - 

"Running over to the opposition fans of a makeshift team to celebrate staying up while the opposition will be playing in the Premiership playoffs next week." Sums the thick clown up. 

Quite incredible how much Ruari Paton rattles Airdrie fans. No wonder he keeps doing it if you're going to keep taking the bait.

Anyone who claims they don't enjoy a player giving a big GIRFUY to opposition players/staff/fans is a liar IMO. Perfecting the art of shithousery is one of the best traits a footballer can have.

I don't really understand football fans in general getting rattled when a player celebrates in front of the opposing fans.

This season for us Todorov and Hancock have participated in shithousery behaviour on more than one occasion, so we can't complain when another player gives it back to us.

Players take the abuse on the park constantly from supporters so it's only natural the reserve happens at times.

Kai Kennedy and Kyle Doherty have also celebrated in front of our fans too and in my opinion I couldn't really care less.

It's been a brilliant debut season for us back in the championship and we've exceeded everyone's expectations. There's more important things to worry about than Ruari Paton's celebrations. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

As a poster said on the Airdrie thread - 

"Running over to the opposition fans of a makeshift team to celebrate staying up while the opposition will be playing in the Premiership playoffs next week." Sums the thick clown up. 

I take it that assessment applies to Todorov as well? As I seem to remember him celebrating in front of the QP fans when he scored his late winner against us.

So maybe it's just young male athletes in high pressure situations letting off a bit of steam eh?

Good luck next week.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

10 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I take it that assessment applies to Todorov as well? As I seem to remember him celebrating in front of the QP fans when he scored his late winner against us.

So maybe it's just young male athletes in high pressure situations letting off a bit of steam eh?

Good luck next week.

I'm normally fine with all this but double flicking the victory sign could be a tad problematic at certain fixtures featuring other Glasgow based football clubs.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

diddy who can't accept it didn't work out for his pal with his case. 

What's the background to this? What case?

Edited by Hampden Diehard
Ah - that case.