Partick Thistle (4)🔴🟡⚫️ vs Airdrieonians (3)♦️

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Airdrie seem like one of those teams that complete about 100 passes between themselves without actually doing anything with the ball. Constantly get praised for 'good football' yet are bang fucking average, finish mid table and bore the life out of the neutral.

I’m not being a dick here (really I’m not) but a lot of your criticism of Airdrie is actually the same thing Dundee have been praised for and I would argue that Dundee are really average, will finish mid-table and bore the life out of the neutral.

Again I’m not trying to be a dick, Dundee are probably the best football team I’ve seen from 18 yard line to 18 yard line this season. But maybe just missing that cutting edge up front and I felt at times that you were passing the ball around at times without really progressing with it.

Dundee are a better football playing team than us though so I’m not criticising them (too much).

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Derek actually getting the beyond tedious patter in first for literally the first time ever. Flying pigs sighted.

If I wanted the “tedious” patter to stop I’d maybe stop biting to it every single time.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Derek actually getting the beyond tedious patter in first for literally the first time ever. Flying pigs sighted.

Not at the game? 

Posted (edited)

Are pundits not allowed to state the obvious? Graham is fully in front of the second last defender - he's about a yard offside. It's not close. Why are they pretending A that it is and B that incorrect decisions that could have big implications are somehow better for football than providing the match officials assistance to get the big calls correct?

Edited by Todd_is_God

Quite like Leanne Crichton but come on "Is it on, is it off, we don't know". You don't need calibrated cameras to see he's clearly off. 

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m not being a dick here (really I’m not) but a lot of your criticism of Airdrie is actually the same thing Dundee have been praised for and I would argue that Dundee are really average, will finish mid-table and bore the life out of the neutral.

Again I’m not trying to be a dick, Dundee are probably the best football team I’ve seen from 18 yard line to 18 yard line this season. But maybe just missing that cutting edge up front and I felt at times that you were passing the ball around at times without really progressing with it.

Dundee are a better football playing team than us though so I’m not criticising them (too much).

Dundee do mix it up occasionally, but I feel some teams like to pass it around for no real purpose- just lets the defence set themselves. 

I'm absolutely loving this VAR chat now. Proper common sense and compassion for the officials. Perhaps it has taken VAR to let us see that hysterically criticising officials and demanding perfection in decisions is a fool's errand. More of this please.

Also it would be fucking marvellous if that's the deciding goal in this game.

Posted (edited)

VAR technology isn't the issue. Scottish officials are. With or without VAR, they are pish and can't even get a decision right with camera footage to look at. It's the humans that are useless.

Edited by Heaton

Why are we being presented with a choice between inevitably incompetent referees or VAR? There are processes and accountability that can be put in place to improve the standards of refereeing. That decision tonight is an unacceptable error, regardless of the debate about technology. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chicken Soup said:

Why are we being presented with a choice between inevitably incompetent referees or VAR? There are processes and accountability that can be put in place to improve the standards of refereeing. That decision tonight is an unacceptable error, regardless of the debate about technology. 

Aye you put it more eloquently than I

Edited by Heaton

Don't know why Airdrie are playing such a high line,,  with no pace or cover,  Second Half like last time could get nasty,   McMaster who has rightly had a lot of praise this season,has had a nightmare not picking up,  marking runners,  the basics of a defensive midfield player,  like I thought missing Rhys McCabe for a game like this..