🔴🔵 The Caley v Montrose 🔵🔵

Just now, Mo Wonderboy said:

I'm surprised at how slow and turgid ICT play. Apart from Lawal nobody looks interested.

Don't be surprised.

Both our strikers withdrawn but we've only subbed on one striker to replace, so who knows what we're doing.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are those possession stats right on flash score, surely no! 

Montrose 79% 🧐

Doesn't seem right at all.  We've passed the ball to nowhere all night.

Full time 0-0.  Might put a bet on Montrose in the second leg, soften the blow.  Utter shite from us.

Congrats to Montrose for the best result in their club's history. Congrats to The Caley for maintaining the joint best defensive record in the Championship playoffs 🏆 

13 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Rare sighting of Roddy Macgregor 

8 fecking minutes and god knows what position he’s been put on. We have a midfield devoid of invention or drive and he gets 8 minutes. 

• Stephen Malkmus changed the title to 🔴🔵 The Caley v Montrose 🔵🔵

Whilst Montrose have always been a tough nut for us to crack excluding the 7 1 thumping we gave them up there a couple of weeks ago I expected ICT to have a bit too much for them . Alloa and Hamilton are in better form than Montrose so if ict are huffing and puffing the now they are going to really struggling if they get any further. 

There's no easy games in Scottish football and you know of all the ten teams that played tonight no away team was able to prevail and all the ties are either level or within a single goal so in that context I have to complement the effort and diligence of the players. 

These plastic pitches are very difficult to play on in such conditions but with 53% possession we have a solid base for us to build upon in Inverness. 

Scotland-Craig-Brown-730569_edit_174323753246623.jpg

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst Montrose have always been a tough nut for us to crack excluding the 7 1 thumping we gave them up there a couple of weeks ago I expected ICT to have a bit too much for them . Alloa and Hamilton are in better form than Montrose so if ict are huffing and puffing the now they are going to really struggling if they get any further. 

If

27 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Home tie to come for Caley - surely they can do better?

Our home record is honking. Feels set up for a 74th minute Gardyne strike to put Montrose ahead leaving us something like 20 minutes to go route one to Pepple in absolute desparation before sliding into League One. 

And Ferguson would still be chuffed so long as we'd passed the ball around for the first 74 minutes. 

28 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

It's skewed by the second half where they show that Montrose had....... 100% possession. 

Truly are the mighty mo!

Some Spain 2010 shit. 

Not the worst nil-nil I've ever seen, not the best. Possibly the worst away strip I've ever seen though, jeez.

Drove up the road feeling pretty pleased with that. Caley looked fiery and dangerous for about 10 minutes after half time, but otherwise very staccato and apart from that shot off the bar I didn't feel we were in too much danger tonight. Plenty of effort from the Mo and I don't think a neutral would be able to pick anything between the sides, really.

Still fear ICT have another gear left and will get through on Saturday, but if they play like tonight again and Hester/Lyons are more on point then we really have a shot. Shame I can't make the trip and have to sweat it on F5.