Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

I'll add to this and say fair play to Killie, a season I'd love to see us have. On today I think a draw might have been fair, both teams had good chances and both keepers made good saves. Hopefully come Wednesday we've got the last European spot and for me I'll be delighted as I'll see us doing something I haven't seen us do. 

18 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Genuine question: I know that you change the 'Billy' to 'Killy' in the wee song that you've borrowed, and I was listening intently but couldn't quite make out what you're up to your knees in?

Ayr blood.

Certainly a scrappy game, but we dug in well, when needed, and just about shaded it. Couple of decent chances late on for St.Mirren with the one off the bar, and off the line, both unlucky.

Really hope Saints make it to Europe as well now, and looking good for it...deserved over the past 2 seasons 👍 

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

What is the actual script with the wee morons giving it the casual nonsense and pavement dancing right outside the away end? Why no police? Walked through it on the fringes with my wee boy who is 13 so no major deal for us, but plenty families walking out with wee ones. Looked like they got a bit more than they bargained for. Said on Killie forum, the police need to put a stop to this or some wee ultra is going to get hospitalised. 

I walked into this, we had some rockets in black and white masks challenging scarfers and decent people, they were scoping for the weak ones like a lion watches Impala, it’s embarrassing and I hope they got their arses handed to them.
I imagine the Police were all detailed Glasgow today as there is always a van at that point. You never see them when it’s the bigots/ Hearts/ Dons.
It's something we need to stamp out, they’re not welcome and hopefully you and the family were ok. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It would appear that, as you say, a few Killie supporters were the victims of assault. What I witnessed was your ultras biting off more than they could chew, as some of our lot took matters into their own hands. 

It's a very unweclome side effect of what was intended as a good movement for the support and overall has been in these last several years.

Something that generates a genuine atmosphere and bit of colour to our support is also the catalyst that we now have a LOT of wee fannies latching onto and causing issue for the club. This came to a head weeks ago at Livingston with an unsavoury incident there which disappointingly was denied until the club presented the NB with indisputable evidence of the incident.

NB and the folk that run it can deny its them or their members directly (which I believe) but they can't deny that they do have a duty here to police these wee guys from within as these hangers on who are causing all the shite are there in the first place because of the NB presence and that will, without doubt, lead them to all be tarred with the same brush.

There's no justification whatsoever to pick on any supporter who isn't involved in any of their shite on either side of the fence. One of them will pick on the wrong person's old dad or child one day and end up eating through a straw as a result but unfortunately they run in safety in numbers.

I genuinely hope the Killie fans involved are OK and battered some sense into a few of the empty headed wee tools.

Edited by djchapsticks

8 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Way too much time on your hands. Housebound?

It genuinely takes about 2 minutes if you know where to look.

That's the second time this season we've seen out a 1 0 win in Paisley. Both games exactly the same. Get in front and then let St Mirren have the ball, see what they can do.

There's a great rivalry between the clubs now, but generally one based upon mutual respect and a general and deserved smugness that we are not one of 'them' and the overall feeling of superiority that that brings.

Saints and Killie in Europe, absolutely brilliant.

Loved the memorial for the passed Saints fans before the game. A really classy thing to do and happy to see the gesture well respected by the Killie support.

10 hours ago, thomas said:

I'll add to this and say fair play to Killie, a season I'd love to see us have. On today I think a draw might have been fair, both teams had good chances and both keepers made good saves. Hopefully come Wednesday we've got the last European spot and for me I'll be delighted as I'll see us doing something I haven't seen us do. 

Other than the head to heads we've had very similar seasons. 

41 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Yeah imagine if you were "up to your knees in Greenock Blood,?" You would get aids or some other nasty disease. 

The uncomfortable truth is that 'Hello Hello we are the Buddie boys' and 'up to our knees in Greenock blood' was a staple part of the St. Mirren support's songbook well into the late 90s. 

It got dropped, (like our pre-match huddle which we were doing for a full year before Celtic picked up on it) for the connotations.

The song was replaced with the infamous FTP & FTQ song (sung almost exclusively by ourselves and Partick Thistle) for a long time which while the sentiment of not liking either side or their leanings was the understandable message, the content and delivery was probably quite questionable as well rather than just ignoring them both altogether. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The uncomfortable truth is that 'Hello Hello we are the Buddie boys' and 'up to our knees in Greenock blood' was a staple part of the St. Mirren support's songbook well into the late 90s. 

It got dropped, (like our pre-match huddle which we were doing for a full year before Celtic picked up on it) for the connotations.

The song was replaced with the infamous FTP & FTQ song (sung almost exclusively by ourselves and Partick Thistle) for a long time which while the sentiment of not liking either side or their leanings was the understandable message, the content and delivery was probably quite questionable as well rather than just ignoring them both altogether. 

I like this post. As a Killie fan who sings hello, hello I would prefer if we sung something else, but as it is it is a song that gets wheeled out often and sung loudly. Almost any football song starts somewhere else and is plagiarised and adopted.

One thing though, it's crazy for anybody to suggest that by us singing it we have any link to that manky mob. Surely, even in banter, it's clearly not the case.

We also sing another song about our disadvantaged Southern neighbours which questions their ability to use soap, but that's another debate altogether.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Even though I've undoubtedly sung that  song in the 70's/80's, I'd be very uncomfortable nowadays if it was part of our repertoire , simply because of its obvious association to the blue arse cheek.

I don't really care whether Killie sing their version of it or not. Nothing to do with me. Doesn't mean that they have any connection with the aforementioned arse cheek.

Don't like the other song either. Leave that stuff to the arse cheeks. No need for us to mention it.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, funky monkey said:

I like this post. As a Killie fan who sings hello, hello I would prefer if we sung something else, but as it is it is a song that gets wheeled out often and sung loudly. Almost any football song starts somewhere else and is plagiarised and adopted.

One thing though, it's crazy for anybody to suggest that by us singing it we have any link to that manky mob. Surely, even in banter, it's clearly not the case.

We also sing another song about our disadvantaged Southern neighbours which questions their ability to use soap, but that's another debate altogether.

From our POV though, it will always get booed to f**k. It's a tune that like it or not, does carry negative associations and so hearing it sung whether by Rangers, Killie or Dundee, will illicit a strong instinctive 'f**k off' response. 

I don't think for a second there are any leanings of either Dundee or Killie supporters with the song but it is very fun to heckle it.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

From our POV though, it will always get booed to f**k. It's a tune that like it or not, does carry negative associations and so hearing it sung whether by Rangers, Killie or Dundee, will illicit a strong instinctive 'f**k off' response. 

I don't think for a second there are any leanings of either Dundee or Killie supporters with the song but it is very fun to heckle it.

Completely understandable.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Even though I've undoubtedly sung that  song in the 70's/80's, I'd be very uncomfortable nowadays if it was part of our repertoire , simply because of its obvious association to the blue arse cheek.

There was also a sometimes used (though far less frequently) 'Hail Hail the Saints are here' which was dropped around the same time as well. Think the folk in the North Bank singing section at the time just decided it was time to drop any tunes that had a strong connection with one side or the other and start going our own way with songs.

On the game and season itself, Kilmarnock deserve genuine credit for the way they go about their business. I felt at the start of the season McInnes was doing some proper savvy dealing, especially defensively and that was 100% the case. They are a fucker of a physical side with presence all over the park and they can play a bit as well, particularly out wide. The game was won in midfield where Killie seemed to just be on every loose or 50/50 ball. The only player in the Kilmarnock side that looked a bit iffy was the number 3, Ndaba.

Man of the match by a country mile though was Stuart Findlay. Always been a fan of him but it takes a bit of physical specimen to completely bully a guy the size of Mandron fully out of the game and I think I can count on one hand the number of arial duels Mandron won all day. Most defenders need to try and haul him about to get any leverage on him but Findlay won absolutely everything yesterday as clean as a whistle. He is honestly a tremendous defender.