Livingston vs St Johnstone - 11/05/2024

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It’s an interesting managerial decision to continually reward Nicky Clark with a starting berth despite consistently dreadful performances, but I suppose we’ve got to trust the process. 

There was a spell when he was our "best player" cos with only the ghost of Stevie May for competition he was pretty much our only player. 

That is no longer the case. He's so poor and I'd pick the Sidibeh comedy show over him every time. Kinpioka was useless when he came on today but probably him too. Get rid of Clark. 

But if he's got contract left doubt anyone else will pay him what we did 

6 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Yeah we need to hope hes got a clause when we get relegated. We can't be paying him ~£2.8k+ a week in the Championship.

Predictable result tbh. This team has no backbone and is being led by an absolute clown of a guy. I’m assuming Levein will oversee the play-off games but I want him gone when the season is done. 

That first 15-20 mins from St Johnstone was brilliant. Can’t believe they only scored one and not at least three. Maybe five on a good day. But just one today. 

Funny coincidence that Shamal George has been shit all season and, having been told to find a new club, suddenly plays a blinder between the sticks. 

Rest of the game was pretty even, I thought. Montano took his goal well, it would have been easy to lace it but a side foot finish was lovely.

Thought it could have gone either way in the closing moments. Bradley and Shinnie combined and here we are with a rare win.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Keep this up and we'll be thumping them.

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Men against boys. What a team.

2 hours ago, Miguel Simao said:

Stupid sexy St Johnstone

Lovely stuff

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

We are awful. Martindale is awful. Should be 3 or 4 behind so that's the only positive. 

Martindale made the right changes today and it won us the game. I know it didn't matter in the grand scheme of things but winning a game is brilliant 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah we need to hope hes got a clause when we get relegated. We can't be paying him ~£2.8k+ a week in the Championship.

It was Davidson and Flaherty that gave him the contract, absolutely no chance it had a relegation clause in it. 

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What happened at the end. Abusing the players or clapping the players? It is hard to tell what is embarassing. You should slink out after a defeat like that.

Abuse targeted at certain individuals, some overstepping the mark. 

Looking at " what the managers said" on BBC sport website Levein thought you did well today . Shows how much he knows about football. Dreadfull game and hard pushed to make a decent 11 out of both teams. Must win for you boys on Wednesday, good luck.

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

There was a spell when he was our "best player" cos with only the ghost of Stevie May for competition he was pretty much our only player. 

That is no longer the case. He's so poor and I'd pick the Sidibeh comedy show over him every time. Kinpioka was useless when he came on today but probably him too. Get rid of Clark. 

He might be unpredictable and make some questionable choices, but he’s been our best attacker by a mile since joining.

Albeit,too late for us.Saints should have won this with ease,but they didn't.Have to admit ,was pleasantly surprised Leven got the gig.Hes gonna drag you guys down.The Championship sides whoever comes through will relish playing against yous,and both are better than Livingston. Good luck.Yous or County will need it.

34 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

The Championship sides whoever comes through will relish playing against yous,and both are better than Livingston.

Even we've beaten them both this season tbf.

53 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Abuse targeted at certain individuals, some overstepping the mark. 

Nah, they deserve it and as manger isn't going to tell them, the fans will. Bit uncomfortable seeing some getting hurled abuse at from a few yards, but for me, they need to hear it. Players shat the bed today and some don't have enough professionalism I'm afraid to put in the effort needed. 

This loss is mainly on Levein. His inability to make timely subs cost us today. Everyone could see we needed freshening up long before the Livi equaliser and again, him and Kirk spent too long pouring over the magical charts. Livi made subs earlier and were fresher, which showed.

Shame for the starting 11 as they were good and put in some real effort, but were undone by a manager who couldn't see them tiring.

So aye, maybe some of the abuse was uncalled for, bit a proper manager would either have come our and taken the flack himself to protect the players OR, recognised the fans frustration and told the players not to go over.