East Kilbride v Stranraer

1 minute ago, Clyde1235 said:

Wouldn't"t be surprised if kennedy is currently applying for the Stirling job as he always jumps ship

Please no. Then everyone on here would want us down 😢😢😢

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Is this an ironic narrative given youths history of the club you claim to support? 

I can see why you would think that but I wasn't being ironic.

One of the reasons I like them is because of the Meadowbank Thistle connection. 

In the play offs I always want the league club to stay in the league. 

Edited by Neilfs

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Well done to Stranraer, pity we need to put up with EK next year and their 400 signings but LOL.

Great result and well done from all For far fans.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In fairness I probably mixed my point up, but I do agree with you there. Team 42 should be automatically down, but the Lowland League need to realise that the SPFL are far less likely to do that unless they fix their own ridiculous relegation situation which also can act as a barrier for levels below to properly allow fluidity within the pyramid.

In short, they need to be the change they want to see. Also stop voting the B teams in, otherwise they can still GTF.

8 minutes ago, Cannibal said:

Wonderful stuff from Stranraer.  

And absolutely no way should there be automatic relegation until the lowland league contains the next best teams in the area of Scotland it represents. That's up to them to fix first

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Absolutely correct. The record of Tier 5 teams in this playoff does not warrant an automatic promotion. Replace the Lowland with the best from the East and West in Tier 6 and then it will deserve one.

Whilst I'm delighted for Stranraer, I completely disagree.

Also sounds like you've all forgotten about the Highland League.

Clucking brilliant Stranraer. Looking forward to Money Mick's meltdown. Edinburgh City better get that bronze licence sorted pronto so the EK lads can get another season of weekly dopamine hits that they so desperately need. 

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst I'm delighted for Stranraer, I completely disagree.

Also sounds like you've all forgotten about the Highland League.

Yes I was a bit unfair on the Highland League but Level 5 has to be sorted for automatic relegation to happen. 

Anyway best for a different thread.  Today is a day to celebrate 

45 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

What’s the attendance like?

It was very good. Really felt like the town had come out to support the team on a big day. The scenes at the end were great.

Of course, I'm a big fan of the pyramid and there are some great community clubs out there that will hopefully be competing in years to come. 

Vanity projects like EK just do not offer the same however. Very happy for Stranraer.

Contrary to the popular opinion on here I actually really like Simon Ferry. Every single person I’ve spoke to in Dundee that knows him say he’s a brilliant guy and a good lad. The way he talks about football sometimes winds me up, seems to think it’s possible for every team in the country to play like Pep’s City because they’re all ‘fitbaw players’ which is annoying. 

Kennedy… I find myself liking the guy sometimes but there’s something about him which does scream that he’s so far up his own arse and a bit of a w**k and can’t really make my mind up on him. He also seems completely oblivious to the fact that any success he’s had is because the team he’s been managing has been pumped full of cash. 

However there is one thing that I am certain of, I am all for the pyramid, I think it’s a good thing - but I think it’s a good thing for proper clubs, clubs like Bonnyrigg, well run decent sized clubs who are backed and successful because of the community they’re in getting behind their local club. 

I am not wanting to see tinpot clubs playing out of sports centres being pumped with cash and having a good couple of seasons of that where they come up and replace proper football clubs like Stranraer. They can honestly get themselves to f**k. 

I am absolutely delighted Stranraer done the business today, was a wee bitty surprised when I saw the result in all honesty but fair play and respect. Enjoy your night guys!! 🍺 

3 minutes ago, AUcal said:

It was very good. Really felt like the town had come out to support the team on a big day. The scenes at the end were great.

Of course, I'm a big fan of the pyramid and there are some great community clubs out there that will hopefully be competing in years to come. 

Vanity projects like EK just do not offer the same however. Very happy for Stranraer.

I am delighted for them and hope the town can reallly back them next season and hopefully avoid being in this position again. Enjoy your night folks.

Delighted with result and performance from the blues. Everyone gave their all. Thought Grant Gallagher had one of his best ever games for us and scored a great goal. Very nervy at the end and the EK number 6 will have nightmares about the chance he missed when easier to score. We then go straight up the park and score from corner. . Good to see The EK bench explode .  Must not forget how bad things were a few weeks ago. Hopefully lessons learned and we won’t be on this situation next season. . Great attendance  out for the game .  On wards and up wards. #monblu

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Contrary to the popular opinion on here I actually really like Simon Ferry. Every single person I’ve spoke to in Dundee that knows him say he’s a brilliant guy and a good lad. 

He really is a top guy but most folk judge him on his open goal persona ie the normal Scottish attitude, somebody is doing well then they must be a dick