Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Lot of history being rewritten on this topic.

I saw nothing to suggest Raith could have been out of sight at half time,  2-0 great score line and delighted with it but we near looked out of sight.

Felt Connolly was off it, and the change for Smith made sense to double up on the right, all I can say about Rudden is Hamiltons wasn’t fit last night.

apart from those 2 thought the rest were at least 7/10 performances.

I suppose if you hoof the ball to Graham all night by the law of averages youre bound to get a goal from it, and believe Robinson fell it bounced of his napper into Allston’s path yet it’s Lucky Raith Rovers 😂

shiuld be a laugh of Friday, and a cracking atmosphere from the student flat end 👏👏

8 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

I really dont know why Murray persists with Rudden.

It might be to do with his loan agreement with Dundee, something like he has to play a certain amount of games or something daft.

It was a familiar scene at half-time and Rovers looked both comfortable and threatening on the break. Defending diabolical for both goals, with ball-watching instead of proper marking.

But second half a much improved performance, and conceding the goal really seemed to shake Raith a bit. They were not comfortable from that point on at all.

Tie far from over. Get in their faces up at San Starko and things get very interesting.

Special mention for Scott Robinson, whose assist was genuinely class.

If you swap the keepers in those two teams (with no disrespect intended to David Mitchell as he's "fine") then Thistle probably win that 3-2 or 4-2 tonight.

As for Friday, I think O'Reilly in for Muirhead, Banzo in for Neilson and Ngwenya in for McInroy.

Keep McInroy and Alston for second half sub options, Neilson as cover in case of any further injury in CM/CD.

5 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Might’ve missed it in thread what was the attendance last night?

The commentary said just over 5 and a half thousand I think.

Not sure how Stanway seems to be escaping the same ire as Neilson from last night. He always looks "busy" but I think is miles off the level needed to be starting a team expected to challenge in this league. 

I'd be starting Banzo for sure on Friday and then one of Alston/McInroy in the middle with Ngwenya on the left. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Belcher said:

Not sure how Stanway seems to be escaping the same ire as Neilson from last night. He always looks "busy" but I think is miles off the level needed to be starting a team expected to challenge in this league. 

I'd be starting Banzo for sure on Friday and then one of Alston/McInroy in the middle with Ngwenya on the left. 

Personally I’d swap neilson and McBeth back. 

Mitchell

McMillan

Neilson

O Reilly

Milne

Ngwenya 

Bannigan

McBeth

Fitpatrick

Robinson

Graham 

shame we can’t shoehorn Alston into the team but still a great bench option to come on and make a difference as before

Interesting the trends that are developing here.

1. Raith in control first half playing great stuff and should have been out of sight.  However only because in the first half the Jagd were awful.

2. Second half Jags subs made big impact and team got stronger. After the goal Jags battered Raith and but for Raith keeper should have got a draw and could have won the game. Raith still in control at start of Second half but Jags coming more into game. Jags dominated last 20 mins, but only because Raith went down a level.

In summary Raith produce first half performance on Friday for 90mins they will be OK. Jags produce Second half performance on Friday for 90 mins and they will be OK

Different perspectives from the two sets of fans - well its only football.

The one thing we can agree on is that the tie is set for a great game on Friday.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Might’ve missed it in thread what was the attendance last night?

Raith brought very similar numbers to Airdrie by the looks of things. I get that it was a Tuesday instead of a Friday night, but I’m still surprised we lost 1k home fans from the previous game.

Edited by Nightmare

6 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

Interesting the trends that are developing here.

1. Raith in control first half playing great stuff and should have been out of sight.  However only because in the first half the Jags were awful.

2. Second half Jags subs made big impact and team got stronger. After the goal Jags battered Raith and but for Raith keeper should have got a draw and could have won the game. Raith still in control at start of Second half but Jags coming more into game. Jags dominated last 20 mins, but only because Raith went down a level.

In summary Raith produce first half performance on Friday for 90mins they will be OK. Jags produce Second half performance on Friday for 90 mins and they will be OK

Different perspectives from the two sets of fans - well its only football.

The one thing we can agree on is that the tie is set for a great game on Friday.

Good summary. We can all look forward to Friday, as both teams are in with a good chance.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Raith brought very similar numbers to Airdrie by the looks of things. I get that it was a Tuesday instead of a Friday night, but I’m still surprised we lost 1k home fans from the previous game.

You will always get  more people at a 2nd leg tie.

Thought we were superb first half, played some good stuff and imposed ourselves on the game. 

Second half, credit to Thistle, they got a reaction and their subs had more a meaningful impact than ours, was a little disappointed by our subs bar Corr who I thought done well when he came on. 

Wee bit of fortune with the goal, 99 times out of 100 Robinson slips complete on his arse to a chorus of “wheeeey”, but just watched it back this morning - fantastic wee flick into the path of Alston, which means it’s game on and Thistle still in tie for Friday.

Big Kev coming up with the goods again when called upon and I thought Brown, Byrne, and Turner all had good games too. 

Btw, that wee Firhill Road tune is quality can’t get it out my head this morning 😂!

can’t wait for Friday! 

First goal on Friday is key.

If we get it, the fact we can change about half the team and not lose any quality you’d think we can run the legs off them.

Partick get it and it’ll be nerve central.

Hamilton to come in and Easton at least 30 mins if fit. Might need to shuffle the back depending on Watson but Corr looks a player the more I see him. Just don’t want to see Scott Brown playing CB as he’s far more influential in his natural position. Smith for Connolly.

The fact that we have seen a game with

0-2 Raith

2-2

2-3 Thistle

3-3

4-3 Raith 

literally in the one game, probably suggests that absolutely anything can happen here. 

even if Raith get the first goal. If thistle equalise the pressure is kinda back on them. We just came out of a hard graft last Friday with Airdrie doing exactly that. 

It's a shame we were so low-energy in the first half (although Raith basically played us off the park).  Pleasantly surprised that we staged a comeback and could even have snatched a (slightly undeserved) equaliser. We're still in this. Also surprised at the impact of Alston when he came on. 

I'd definitely move The Scottish Player back into midfield on Friday.

36 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Completely as expected FWIW.

For context last season QP (Tuesday) crowd of under 4k. Ayr on the other hand (a Friday) over 7k.

These playoffs have been class so far. Thank you to Partick, Airdrie and the Wee Team. Champions league, EPL etc - not interested, thanks. 

Looking forward to Friday. Not so much looking forward to St Johnstone ultimately shitfesting a 1-0 aggregate win in the final.