Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

19 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I take it Edinburgh buses have joined the 21st Century and take contactless?

Yes.

Spartans toiled in the last few months of the season so I'm fairly surprised by how easily they dispatched Peterhead. They'll definitely represent a much sterner test for Dumbarton than a Stirling side that absolutely crumbled in the last quarter. It's a hard one to call if both teams show up, but I just can't shake the feeling that Farrell is fated to have some kind of a disaster here. My preference would probably be a Spartans win to get another shite away trip out of the league.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Someone got shot there a month or so ago google it.

Yeah, local gangster got gunned down on Hogmanay about ten minutes before the bells just over the road from the pub after being in there.

Edited by Cowdenleith

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Well that’s not so comical. I thought Edinburgh was meant to be posh.

There is a lot of wealth and some major poverty in pockets of Edinburgh. Ainslie Park stadium borders a dodgy area, but just over Ferry Road on the way to Stockbridge are some of the poshest houses in the city.

Stockbridge is a good place for pubs, a short taxi ride to the ground.

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There is a lot of wealth and some major poverty in pockets of Edinburgh. Ainslie Park stadium borders a dodgy area, but just over Ferry Road on the way to Stockbridge are some of the poshest houses in the city.

Stockbridge is a good place for pubs, a short taxi ride to the ground.

Edinburgh hides it dodgy areas well one side of AP you have Pilton and Muirhouse then 5 minutes away you have Fettes and Edinburgh Academy posh schools.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Well that’s not so comical. I thought Edinburgh was meant to be posh.

Cultural capital of Europe  FifeSons.  Nearest pubs to Ainslie Park are the Anchor (aka The Flying Tumbler:) or the Ferryboat at Drylaw Shops.  As a local, I would strongly advise you to give either a (very) wide berth.  The Village Hotel at Crewe Toll would be a much nicer (and safer) place for a pre-match refreshment., but probably better staying in the city centre.

From the top of Waverley Steps, a 19, 29 or 37 bus will take you to Crewe Toll, which is a ten minute walk from the stadium As. Cowdenbeath posted earlier, 27 bus from either the Mound or Hanover Street will take you closer to the ground (alight at Morrisons supermarket on Ferry Road.

It's 2 quid single on Edinburgh buses. 

We drank in the Stockbridge Tap when City played at Ainslie Park. Bit of a rugby pub but they do a lovely pint. 

realaletwats.jpg.bad0666e52598cf199650450cc593d9d.jpg

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's 2 quid single on Edinburgh buses. 

We drank in the Stockbridge Tap when City played at Ainslie Park. Bit of a rugby pub but they do a lovely pint. 

realaletwats.jpg.bad0666e52598cf199650450cc593d9d.jpg

Is that not your local?

I was at the Hutchie game last week had a walk back via Stockbridge passed the redeveloped Edinburgh Accies ground but you can't really see much of the new stand for the attatched shops. 

18 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I take it Edinburgh buses have joined the 21st Century and take contactless?

£2 per trip whether one stop or 100 stops. Capped at £5.00 day ticket if using contactless as long as same card. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

£2 per trip whether one stop or 100 stops. Capped at £5.00 day ticket if using contactless as long as same card. 

Its great value.

Faz masterclass incoming. Tony Wallace to score numerous penalties. Blair Henderson to be seen crying in the car park when he's thoroughly pocketed by tactical genius from stone cold steve farrell.

Genuinely wish Dumbarton the best in this tie, free yourselves from this jobbie of a league.

Dumbarton probably have the soundest fanbase in the league so I'd be happy to see them promoted.

On the flipside, Spartans don't have a fanbase and it's nice communicating with people so I'd be happy to see Dumbarton stay down.

I hope football is the winner.

15 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Dumbarton probably have the soundest fanbase in the league so I'd be happy to see them promoted.

On the flipside, Spartans don't have a fanbase and it's nice communicating with people so I'd be happy to see Dumbarton stay down.

I hope football is the winner.

Spartans and Dumbarton’s average attendance this season is virtually identical, Dumbarton a baw hair higher.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Spartans and Dumbarton’s average attendance this season is virtually identical, Dumbarton a baw hair higher.

Think he means on here.