Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

Posted (edited)

Fuming that Spartans will get to keep those gate receipts tonight :lol: we brought some amount through and they brought about 50 on Tuesday. I was shocked how many Sons fans turned up. It was a beautiful sight.

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Fuming that Spartans will get to keep those gate receipts tonight :lol: we brought some amount through and they brought about 50 on Tuesday. I was shocked how many Sons fans turned up. It was a beautiful site.

Straying dangerously into Falkirk territory there @FifeSons

Unbelievable tonight, every player deserves huge credit! All outstanding. Spartans over the 2 legs I thought were poor. 
Well done Stevie Farrell, done what was asked.

we will all enjoy our nights and rightly so!

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Glad to see the proper team go up but the prospect of it resulting in a League Two containing EK, Edinburgh and Spartans next year is harrowing to consider.

Shows yer bet slips noo pal.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Shows yer bet slips noo pal.

Cashed that out immediately and ended up placing Dumbarton in accumulators for both legs of the semi-final. Alas, the inability to see Stirling off was what paid for the second one. For shame!

Was at the game tonight as a neutral, thought Dumbarton were superb. Shut down Spartans all over the park, and Michael Ruth has developed into a really good all round striker. All the best next season. Enjoy your night 🍺

Took in the game as a neutral tonight too and Dumbarton were thoroughly deserved victors, as they were in the first leg I watched on tv.

Durnan at the back, Ruth up front and Newbury in midfield all excelled.

You could make the argument however that Spartans right back Kieran Watson was man of the match.  Modern day fullbacks can look good going forward, as he did, but thought he was first class all night with his defensive duties too - brilliant performance!

Bring on next season already!

Posted (edited)

Mentality of that squad has really improved. Noticed how nobody took anything for granted these past 4 games until the end of the 4th "quarter". 

Brilliant night.  

E.T.A. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. 😜

Edited by Elrow

Congrats to Dumbarton.

Dont agree that Spartans were poor more that Dumbarton defend as a team impressively well.

This is a team that only last year the vast majority were in the Lowland league and has just came within a whisker of promotion.

Anyway i dont think you need to add much to do well in league one next season and what a great crowd yous brought.

Enjoy and all the best in league one

16 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Congrats to Dumbarton.

Dont agree that Spartans were poor more that Dumbarton defend as a team impressively well.

This is a team that only last year the vast majority were in the Lowland league and has just came within a whisker of promotion.

Anyway i dont think you need to add much to do well in league one next season and what a great crowd yous brought.

Enjoy and all the best in league one

Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

A nerve-wracking game throughout even when we had a two goal margin but wow what a performance and a well deserved win.