CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

1 hour ago, holmparkheroes said:

Second favourite JB?

On a quiet news day, someone should start a thread where posters can list their top 5 favourite and least favourite clubs in the WoSFL and the reasons why. What fun we will have!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Clydebank had a pretty good season and really were in with a very strong chance of the title until the bad run in Feb/March.Dont know what happened but up until that point I fancied them to win the league.

I think they pay pretty good money for players too and heard they came in fairly strong for one of our top players recently.

Four consecutive single goal defeats killed us. We lack a ruthless streak and to finish the season without a single Bankies player in the top 15 scorers in the league tells its own story. We lack that striker that can score 20+ goals - most of the other sides challenging had at least one of them - as did several sides in the lower half of the table. Defensively we had the second best goals conceded record in the league behind Talbot but lacked that instinct that can scrape wins at the business end of the season which Beith and several others around us have had.

We play good football and often get plaudits for it but need to be able to play winning football when it matters and this season we have fallen short of that at times. 

We have retained a large number of this season's squad - time will tell if that's the right thing or not but we really need strengthening in a number of positions including another keeper , a central defender , creative midfielder and an out and out striker - We will have to see if Gordon Moffat and the board are able to bring these players in during the close season - If Scott Forrester or Adam Forde fancy a change of scenery ....... ;) 

Edited by Kilbowies Finest

2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Clydebank had a pretty good season and really were in with a very strong chance of the title until the bad run in Feb/March.Dont know what happened but up until that point I fancied them to win the league.

I think they pay pretty good money for players too and heard they came in fairly strong for one of our top players recently.

I was sure they were winning it around the time they beat Beith and Talbot. Not sure what happened to detail their season but if they can learn from that next time then who knows. 

Just now, Shanner said:

I was sure they were winning it around the time they beat Beith and Talbot. Not sure what happened to detail their season but if they can learn from that next time then who knows. 

Same. Remember commenting when they went and beat Beith that it was a power shift moment. Then their bumholes collapsed.

5 hours ago, Wos-observer said:

Say as often as you like “Clydebank have limited budget” “Clydebank have smaller budget than Beith” no one believes this and can simply see through the lies.  

Saying it over and over and over does not make it true, it just highlights how clueless you really are.

Our figures are there for all members to see, every year. 

1 hour ago, Kilbowies Finest said:

Four consecutive single goal defeats killed us. We lack a ruthless streak and to finish the season without a single Bankies player in the top 15 scorers in the league tells its own story. We lack that striker that can score 20+ goals - most of the other sides challenging had at least one of them - as did several sides in the lower half of the table. Defensively we had the second best goals conceded record in the league behind Talbot but lacked that instinct that can scrape wins at the business end of the season which Beith and several others around us have had.

We play good football and often get plaudits for it but need to be able to play winning football when it matters and this season we have fallen short of that at times. 

We have retained a large number of this season's squad - time will tell if that's the right thing or not but we really need strengthening in a number of positions including another keeper , a central defender , creative midfielder and an out and out striker - We will have to see if Gordon Moffat and the board are able to bring these players in during the close season - If Scott Forrester or Adam Forde fancy a change of scenery ....... ;) 

Both are signed for next season so afraid not!

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

On a quiet news day, someone should start a thread where posters can list their top 5 favourite and least favourite clubs in the WoSFL and the reasons why. What fun we will have!

Need to give the mods a 4 minute warning on that one!

It’s seemed a strange season because of the total lack of cup runs and the long periods without matches towards the end. I can’t be bothered checking but I’m sure someone will know how many games we’ve had compared to other Prem teams. I do have the fear a bit for next season as there has been a couple of distinct periods this term that felt like ‘end of an era’ performances and to see so many of those players signed up again makes me wonder where new ideas and impetus are going to come from. Having said that when we did click we played some lovely stuff. 

54 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

It’s seemed a strange season because of the total lack of cup runs and the long periods without matches towards the end. I can’t be bothered checking but I’m sure someone will know how many games we’ve had compared to other Prem teams. I do have the fear a bit for next season as there has been a couple of distinct periods this term that felt like ‘end of an era’ performances and to see so many of those players signed up again makes me wonder where new ideas and impetus are going to come from. Having said that when we did click we played some lovely stuff. 

Quick glance once its complete should be this, unless i've missed something.

image.png.355b733bfe05b6230529292d6b0b86d4.png

2 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Think 6 cups games for Clydebank in all comps.  Talbot I think were the most on 16.  For them to finish above you boys on points and goal difference when they played a quarter of their season in 2 weeks sums up the standard of Clydebank.  I personally thought there would have been a full clear out and being honest the timing of the managers extension seemed strange, new contract then form down hill.   For me this is a season bankies went backwards.  Worse return in cup.  No progression in the league position.  

board took their eye off the ball big time and cost the club dear.  Difficult season for the bankies coming up.   

14 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Think 6 cups games for Clydebank in all comps.  Talbot I think were the most on 16.  For them to finish above you boys on points and goal difference when they played a quarter of their season in 2 weeks sums up the standard of Clydebank.  I personally thought there would have been a full clear out and being honest the timing of the managers extension seemed strange, new contract then form down hill.   For me this is a season bankies went backwards.  Worse return in cup.  No progression in the league position.  

board took their eye off the ball big time and cost the club dear.  Difficult season for the bankies coming up.   

Rhubarb, you are more than a bit boring now

Your thoughts really arent very interesting, only a matter of time before you are emptied yet again and sneak back on to annoy the forum, until then, maybe take a back seat in threads that dont concern you?

19 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Imagine losing early in cups to those perennial losers Beith and Pollok plus a team who were top of the Highland League at the time. 

Any idea who Craig Trusdale going to Gartcairn is yet ?

20 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

I for one have been smashing my Matt Bamford voodoo doll off the wall in protest, dont worry motion already lodged at the agm to just wind the club up because we’re just losers. Thanks for helping us all see it clear. 

1 hour ago, Wos-observer said:

We were pumped out of the Scottish and SOS fairly early so it could have been over 20 in a better season. 

1 hour ago, Wos-observer said:

Talbot I think were the most on 16.  For them to finish above you boys on points and goal difference when they played a quarter of their season in 2 weeks sums up the standard of Clydebank.    

I would say that Talbot deserve much credit for that achievement, great effort from them. Sums up their standard rather than Bankies.

On 12/05/2024 at 16:27, andy25 said:

Maybe if you hadn't blew the league you could be going up 🤣

I totally agree we shat the bed had so many chances 2 pull away from the pack and f#cked it. Then gave them new contracts. F#cking magic cannie wait 2 watch these bottles merchants wear my clubs Jersey again next season

Mon the papers

Have to agree, the timing of the new contracts was strange, our form last 10 games was dire. 

I liked moff as a player and manager but wouldnt be that gutted if he left to be honest.