CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

43 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I can imagine it's about £2k for the corporate matchday experience at Clydebank these days with the heated seats, etc, so it would be a great gesture to pass some of that income onto the little people on the terrace and keep it affordable in these austere times. 

🙄🤣

10 hours ago, Dean Learner said:

Pitch is looking a bit bobbly. 

People who remove these and toss them onto the surface should get 2 yellows and  a £100 fine.

I hear there is an illegal live video being used and could be used as evidence.38.4% is a lot of bobbles.

13 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

The wind force was read out on the shipping forecast too.

Look why don't Bankies, and Yoker of course, just do all of football a favour; rip up that devil's carpet monstrosity and lay a proper grass pitch that slopes all the way down to the Clyde, floods at every high tide, and resembles an Irish Peat Bog. Only then will it be lauded as a real football pitch. 

Do the right thing.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Look why don't Bankies, and Yoker of course, just do all of football a favour; rip up that devil's carpet monstrosity and lay a proper grass pitch that slopes all the way down to the Clyde, floods at every high tide, and resembles an Irish Peat Bog. Only then will it be lauded as a real football pitch. 

Do the right thing.

It wouldn't make any difference due to the Yoker micro climate of high winds along with torrential rain making football for some managers impossible.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Do the right thing.

Why do fake grass weirdos persist with the bizarre Trumpian lie that you can't have absolutely excellent grass pitches at this level? 

50 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Why do fake grass weirdos persist with the bizarre Trumpian lie that you can't have absolutely excellent grass pitches at this level? 

Why would they deny the opportunity of the hundreds of other people in their communities who use the facilities to do so by putting down grass to be used one a fortnight.

The excellent grass parks are diminishing every year either by not being excellent as weather gets wetter or are being replaced by community assets.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

Why would they deny the opportunity of the hundreds of other people in their communities who use the facilities to do so by putting down grass to be used one a fortnight.

The excellent grass parks are diminishing every year either by not being excellent as weather gets wetter or are being replaced by community assets.

Why are you answering my question with a completely unrelated set of circumstances? 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Cant beat a good grass park tbh but theres not many at this level we have to go with what we have had my way be grass 

6 minutes ago, Bankie boy said:

Cant beat a good grass park tbh but theres not many at this level we have to go with what we have had my way be grass 

Agree-grass always the better option provided it’s decent !

1 minute ago, Bankie boy said:

Agreed, division 4, 3 etc... quite a few grass pitches are crap.  Last few years visiting one of my favorites places, Troon, I felt the pitch was horrible.  Is grass pitches better than Astro?, hell yeah, way better but you want it to be of an excellent standard but with the clubs now, the money that is brought in from constant use on astro is invaluable, well over £40,000 a season but the standard of Astro should really be top notch if replacing grass

13 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

You Talbot lads do like to get your "Pitch perfect" bellies tickled 

Bellies and the rest, however the other guy pretending that Clydebank are putting the community first by having an artificial pitch is a pile of supercilious and dishonest bollocks.

Edited by Shanner

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Agreed, division 4, 3 etc... quite a few grass pitches are crap.  Last few years visiting one of my favorites places, Troon, I felt the pitch was horrible.  Is grass pitches better than Astro?, hell yeah, way better but you want it to be of an excellent standard but with the clubs now, the money that is brought in from constant use on astro is invaluable, well over £40,000 a season but the standard of Astro should really be top notch if replacing grass

Indeed-but I would imagine with the various Council owned facilities involved Clydebank and others don’t get to trouser that income.The only way that would happen is if you are the owners.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Bellies and the rest, however the other guy pretending that Clydebank are putting the community first by having an artificial pitch is a pile of supercilious and dishonest bollocks.

There was no question of anything else at Holm Park. The council required the place to be a community asset to be used by more than a couple of non-league fitba teams. There are umpteen teams that can use it every week and that'll be the case for the foreseeable. It's same with any other facility that gets built. If we had to purchase land and build a compliant stadium - providing we got planning permission and got past any local resident issues - it would be at least several million pounds. So that's not happening. Glencairn were fortunate in that the Scottish Government (?) needed to pay for a replacement to Southcroft but I know they'd been looking at an artificial pitch a wee while back. But most new builds are artificial for a good reason. Ants being a notable exception 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Indeed-but I would imagine with the various Council owned facilities involved Clydebank and others don’t get to trouser that income.The only way that would happen is if you are the owners.

Correct. We pay to play there.