CLYDEBANK 2024/2025

If drumchampel can't host Clydebank then drumchampel simply shouldn't be in our league . Spending a fortune on players and wages and the leisure complex looks like it might not be able to fulfil this fixture. Pure and utter dross no excuses .

22 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

If drumchampel can't host Clydebank then drumchampel simply shouldn't be in our league . Spending a fortune on players and wages and the leisure complex looks like it might not be able to fulfil this fixture. Pure and utter dross no excuses .

I think that a lot of clubs will have issues, Talbot take a good 200/250 to away games? Im sure they’ll fulfil the fixture just seems like lots of people may miss out and at this level thats the ridiculous thing. 

3 minutes ago, Emiliano ZaBankie said:

Glad I asked 😂 Agreed it is an absolutely unacceptable shambles if away fans are essentially locked out of a game at this level. I’m sure they have used Lochburn previously? Not sure of the circumstances that time. 

I think the move to Lochburn was really just when Donald Dewar was being used for vaccinations.

Last season I recall my visit to DD. Safe standing room only 2 deep either Terracing. No safe viewing behind goals. There is a large hill outside ground that some locals use to view game. Often to negotiate way around ground to tuck shop or Centre toilets meant treading on pitch. I think there is a small wooden enclosure for disabled/directors but certainly not covering for 100 supporters. With the entrance to Centre also on touchline it also limits capacity. Struggling to see a 500 safe capacity.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

But if it's a fairly newly built facility, surely disabled access must be a prerequisite?

None of these facilities; Donald Dewar, Huntershill, Kilsyth, Stepford, even Gartcairn's MTC were not built with the paying public or diamsabked access in mind. They are designed for youth teams, ammie teams watched by family and friends.

Petershill, Kilwinning and the new Kirkintilloch Arena are examples of new builds designed for paying customers and disabled access. I know many folk don't like them but that's a separate issue.

I think the Synergy was adapted when Bonnyton went semi pro.

The others I mentioned above are as people say Leisure Centres, not football stadia.

The WOSFL created this problem by not being strict with the stadium criteria at startup.

How it's fixed now has become an issue for the league.

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

There is a stadia criteria document here https://www.wosfl.co.uk/documents.html which according to the WOSFL constitution clubs must meet, the tier 6 criteria being similar to SFA club licensing at entry level, including:

Spectator Viewing Areas
Safe standing and/or seating for a minimum of 500 spectators. A covered terracing or stand shall be able to accommodate a minimum of 100 spectators

Thanks for this. Glad to see it being done but I would question if it is being monitored although clubs have until the 31st of March to make the standard.

12 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

The WOSFL created this problem by not being strict with the stadium criteria at startup.

The Lowland League were in charge of the WoSFL at startup.

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cheers I remembered that after I posted. 

LL have a lot to answer for in this pyramid setup.

Horse has bolted, solution's will be costly and time consuming, not to mention difficult to retrospectively impose.

The Leisure Centre Grounds are fine with a few fans but when there is demand not so nice.

I was at Kilsyth Sportsfield in first season of Div 4 when the Rangers and then Clydebank visited. 

The issues with these grounds were painfully evident.

I was at Drumchapel's ground with Buffs last season. In my mind it's not fit for purpose as a premier league ground. Viewing from two sides only and not the whole touchline at that. Access to toilets from the far side appeared to be from the pitch. Very limited facilities. It's okay spending money on the team, but the facilities don't match that ambition. There's some good people at that club too, their supporters are good for the banter.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Weren't they were gone by the time Division 4 was introduced?

Drumchapel United being accepted at Donald Dewar can be blamed on them and Bonnyton Thistle who went on to get licensed playing at their ground.

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I was at Kilsyth Sportsfield in first season of Div 4 when the Rangers and then Clydebank visited. 

The issues with these grounds were painfully evident.

Yup , Kilsyth was a waste of a journey , if you weren’t leaning over the rail round the park it was a rotten view of the back of many heads you got.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Weren't they were gone by the time Division 4 was introduced?

Drumchapel United being accepted at Donald Dewar can be blamed on them and Bonnyton Thistle who went on to get licensed playing at their ground.

Division 4 was a Development League that first season. All clubs that were in it plus the add ons that came in that season, were accepted with full membership.

Which in my opinion was a mistake by the then new WOSFL management.

2 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Division 4 was a Development League that first season. All clubs that were in it plus the add ons that came in that season, were accepted with full membership.

Which in my opinion was a mistake by the then new WOSFL management.

1st season was 2020-21 that was terminated in March. Either just before that or in the same meeting the first proper WoSFL board was elected. The problem of what to do in 2021-22 fell on the WoSFL.

1 hour ago, Sir Kenneth of Eadie said:

The Drum do have a brilliant main~stand with an excellent view. Chap a door gingerly. Just don’t breathe in.

IMG_2131.jpeg

That hill reminds me of the fence at Meadiwbank where a sizeable contingent of our fans used to watch the game and head to pub on a regular basis 

56 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

That hill reminds me of the fence at Meadiwbank where a sizeable contingent of our fans used to watch the game and head to pub on a regular basis 

I think there might well be a re-enactment of Meadowbank when we head there Bill.