Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And why does the appraisal process at the SFA have anything to do with Kilmarnock or any other club? 

It doesn’t. I still think we should be officially complaining about it though.

I don’t know the internal policies of any businesses I deal with that but that wouldn’t stop me making a complaint if they had got something badly wrong.

ETA - I don’t want the guy sacked or anything drastic I just hope that it’s not as easy as just going “oh I made a mistake” and that’s the end of it IF (and it’s a big if) that particular official has any sort of trend of making any bad errors. For all I know this could be the first time he’s ever missed a head knock and if so then that’s fine.

As for a punishment maybe he should be sent on a first aid course or some sort of concussion related course.  That way he could easily see the next time someone is lying on the floor holding their head that there might be some sort of issue. Just a wee idea.

Spoiler

The above is very tongue in cheek for anyone in doubt.

Edited by Sortmeout

51 minutes ago, stressball said:

There’s been instances all season of headknocks being second guessed because of all the dobbers faking them.   

Since when were referees qualified in neurology. They can't just ignore a head injury based on a couple of fannies trying to cheat n con them.

35 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Since when were referees qualified in neurology. They can't just ignore a head injury based on a couple of fannies trying to cheat n con them.

The obvious thing to do is to make players go through a concussion check after a head injury (which, for player safety, would make sense). If the injury is bad enough to warrant play being stopped, it probably should be checked out. And, if you’re faking, you’ll need to stay off for a few minutes to go through the checks.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

So we’ll just never complain about or discuss any poor refereeing decision again then? 

The referee looked round at our man lying on the floor with a head knock (that he seems to agree he has seen) and chooses to move on with the game.  Why should we just accept that? 

Your comments about Ndaba make no sense. Ndaba is our player and any criticism of his performance would be done internally. Who asked for a statement to be made about the referee? I don’t think I did.

How far should referee mistakes be allowed to go before the referee suffers some sort of consequence for it? I’ll refer back to Ndaba as you brought him up. He got hooked at half time for his performance, based on your logic of players and referees getting the same treatment does that mean that, as the club did do something about Ndaba’s first half display, that the referee should’ve been replaced at half time too? 

We as fans can discuss poor decisions, but there's a big step between that and claiming that Killie should be pushing for further consequences when the referee has acknowledged that he got it wrong. He will already be getting assessed by his manager in the stand in the same way that Ndaba's performance was addressed by his own manager, and that will have been picked up by them.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We as fans can discuss poor decisions, but there's a big step between that and claiming that Killie should be pushing for further consequences when the referee has acknowledged that he got it wrong. He will already be getting assessed by his manager in the stand in the same way that Ndaba's performance was addressed by his own manager, and that will have been picked up by them.

Fair enough.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

When a player makes a mistake he ultimately gets punished by suspension, it should be no different with referees.

What I don't understand is how he missed it on the park but decided after the game he got it wrong and appologised, What changed his mind ?

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

When a player makes a mistake he ultimately gets punished by suspension, it should be no different with referees.

What I don't understand is how he missed it on the park but decided after the game he got it wrong and appologised, What changed his mind ?

Players make mistakes all the time. A bad pass is a mistake, not seeing a pass is a mistake, an own goal is a mistake.

Not all mistakes are ultimately punished by suspension.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I wish we would copy rugby and just allow physios on the park without waiting for a ref.

Would go a long way to stopping a lot of the ridiculous play acting.

This. It's something that no one higher up seems to want to address either although I think the MLS now have implemented so minimum time off the field if you pull up.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Punishing players for getting injured is incredibly stupid, so no surprise that the circus league has started doing it.

It's not that bad, if your down for more than 15 seconds then you have to go off for 2 minutes iirc. The players have turned it in to a circus so I'm struggling to sympathise. Also If you really are injured getting it taken out of your hands to be off for two minutes and to be properly assessed rather than just playing on might actually make more sense at times. There's more pros than cons to this rule imo.

Edited by gannonball