WOSFL Summer Signings

20 hours ago, Fabi said:

That is a sore one for the Lok, maybe the lure of playing for his dads old club will have him sign for them some day ! 

I hope so Fabi!We really missed the bus with Ciaran.

Could we re-sign you in the meantime?

Hearing that Renfrew have signed Stuart Fyfe from the Burgh.

A real solid centre half, was sorry to see the Burgh release him.  Good luck Stu!

Meadow getting some good early business done. Hope they get back up, too big a name and too good facilities at Medda Park for them to be lost from the top flight. 

Ben Carson has had a tough baptism of fire since taking the reins but his signings have impressed me I have to say. 

I remember the last time they went down and came back up under McGinty. Weren’t the easiest on the eye but that team had some real characters and a huge desire to win, Ben being a part of that himself. 

Really interested to see how they do next season. 

Johnstone Burgh confirm the signing of Goalkeeper Luke Scullion from Broomhill.  Luke came in as a trialist with several games left and was influential in the promotion push.  

Huge signing

25 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Delighted to read that Jamie Darroch is staying at Clydebank in a player coach role.

He loves the bankies never an issue when it comes to signing a new deal 🔴⚪⚫

13 hours ago, Bankie boy said:

13 hours ago, Bankie boy said:

Maybe no one else wanted him!! 😁

in all seriousness surely Jamie is still at a level to be concentrating on playing for the Bankies rather coaching ? 

5 minutes ago, Fabi said:

Maybe no one else wanted him!! 😁

in all seriousness surely Jamie is still at a level to be concentrating on playing for the Bankies rather coaching ? 

Hi Fabi

The link here to the story shows Jamie still very much sees himself as being part of the playing side of things. In my opinion a fit Jamie Darroch alongside Matt Niven is easily our strongest Central Defensive pairing.

https://www.clydebankfc.com/jamie-darroch-appointed-player-coach/

Seen Rumours St Cadocs trying to sign Beith's Ciaran Diver? 

At least Darvel and Johnstone Burgh have history and do have some support - St Cadocs & Gartcairn meanwhile I am just glad Meadow arent playing them next season to get a thumping in front of a spattering of applause from family members & committee. Doesnt feel like a proper football game at our level when play those two unfortunately and more like attending a youth or kids game.

Edited by Shannon

2 hours ago, Shannon said:

Seen Rumours St Cadocs trying to sign Beith's Ciaran Diver? 

At least Darvel and Johnstone Burgh have history and do have some support - St Cadocs & Gartcairn meanwhile I am just glad Meadow arent playing them next season to get a thumping in front of a spattering of applause from family members & committee. Doesnt feel like a proper football game at our level when play those two unfortunately and more like attending a youth or kids game.

Can't blame players for taking the cash but what a thoroughly dull way to spend your football career for anyone ending up there. 

It makes sense football wise. They will be there or thereabouts this season. 

Watched them on several occasions last season and i fancy them to win it this year. Good strong squad with a fantastic young coach leading it, they play some really good stuff. 

Also, I don’t think this is a decision made for cash, considering the clubs he has rejected.

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Can't blame players for taking the cash but what a thoroughly dull way to spend your football career for anyone ending up there. 

If true then that would make them a very formidable outfit next season. They were v good against Bankies last season and he'd be a great addition. 

No licence does suggest that maybe his ambition is limited but they will be good