Peterhead. Season 24-25

Posted (edited)

Hearing Ben Armour is heading back to Peterhead.

If true I’m not sad to see the back of him. One of the highest earners in the squad this season, unfortunately his contribution didn’t match that. 

Had a bit to bad luck with injuries which won’t have helped things. 

Edited by Mattmc

3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Hearing Ben Armour is heading back to Peterhead.

If true I’m not sad to see the back of him. One of the highest earners the squad this season, unfortunately his contribution didn’t match that. 

Had a bit to bad luck with injuries which won’t have helped things. 

Say what?

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

4 goals last season, 20 in his full career. Not sure how he’s managing to keep getting contracts in the SPFL. 

It feels like he's scored all 20 against Dumbarton.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It feels like he's scored all 20 against Dumbarton.

A quick glance suggests seven of them against Dumbarton, that’s what you call a bogey player 😂😂

Happy with that signing, should be a decent squad player. He’d improved quite a bit in his previous stint with us and would’ve liked to have kept him on by the end. Was quite weak on the ball when he’d first joined but bulked up and improved that side of his game being able to hold the ball up. Never really saw him as an out and out goalscorer. I think he provides a lot more than that with his work rate and creating chances. Doesn’t seem to have set the world alight since he left us but hopefully this squad can get the most out of him because there’s definitely a player there.

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

4 goals last season, 20 in his full career. Not sure how he’s managing to keep getting contracts in the SPFL. 

vvv This is how. 

9 hours ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Happy with that signing, should be a decent squad player. He’d improved quite a bit in his previous stint with us and would’ve liked to have kept him on by the end. Was quite weak on the ball when he’d first joined but bulked up and improved that side of his game being able to hold the ball up. Never really saw him as an out and out goalscorer. I think he provides a lot more than that with his work rate and creating chances. Doesn’t seem to have set the world alight since he left us but hopefully this squad can get the most out of him because there’s definitely a player there.

If Ben is the type of player we are looking to add to our squad then we'll be looking at mid-table mediocrity at best.

10 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

A quick glance suggests seven of them against Dumbarton, that’s what you call a bogey player 😂😂

He played for us for 6 months before he'd scored any goals at all, too... 😂

11 hours ago, SLClyde said:

When he signed a Forfar fan said he was a guaranteed five goal a season striker 😉 He does have an excellent work rate though and should be a good squad player if he can stay fit. 

When I saw that Ben had re-signed for us, it didn't surprise me as he has been working through the week with our head coach Jamie McNee who obviously knows him well. I also had a look through the Stranraer  youtube site and it looks like he is a much more mature player now than when he last played at Balmoor . He seems to have plenty pace to get back and win tackles and set up forward moves and his passing and positioning was good.

In an interview this week, our co-managers Ryan and Jordan said that one of the most important things for any new signing was their ability to integrate with our dressing room, in other words no ego maniacs, and Ben will fit in seamlessly.

Losing Jinky and Hamish was a bit of a hammer blow as they would slot into any team in L1 or 2. Ben hasn't been signed as a replacement for them but will be a useful addition to the squad and as for fitness, he seemed to play a lot of games last season.

Posted (edited)

Max Barry has signed ....pinched from under coves noses as they had also offered him terms 

Edited by doulikefish

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Max Barry has signed ....pinched from under coves noses as they had also offered him terms 

Presumed it was Cove when it was mentioned offers from full time had been offered. Dont know what he does work wise but if in a decent job part time could make sense.

We also signed Cieran Dunne last week. That's now two midfielders away and four in. (I'm counting Ben Armour as a midfielder)

We'll also have Coner Duthie back and fit.

What we are short of is a no-nonsense brick shithouse of a centre half and a back up striker. We gave away too many goals last season through stupid mistakes.

Our goals came from all over last season and although Shanks was top scorer, his total was a lot less than even he expected.

5 hours ago, Pedro Cabeza said:

We also signed Cieran Dunne last week. That's now two midfielders away and four in. (I'm counting Ben Armour as a midfielder)

We'll also have Coner Duthie back and fit.

What we are short of is a no-nonsense brick shithouse of a centre half and a back up striker. We gave away too many goals last season through stupid mistakes.

Our goals came from all over last season and although Shanks was top scorer, his total was a lot less than even he expected.

Totally agree about a dominant, big centre half to combat some of the big forwards that a lot of the clubs have. Too often we seem to lose goals from corners, set pieces etc. - pity Bobby Mann has retired.

13 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Although I never thought it realistic I had hoped for a while we might sign him. Brilliant business for you.

4 hours ago, Balmoor Boy said:

Totally agree about a dominant, big centre half to combat some of the big forwards that a lot of the clubs have. Too often we seem to lose goals from corners, set pieces etc. - pity Bobby Mann has retired.

Reynolds been released by Cove, is 37 but could possibly do a job. Considine released by St Johnstone plenty expieriance between them. We also need a left back although he can cover there Danny Strachan is better on the right, Armstrong can do it but not so good going forward.