Ross County v Aberdeen (Sun 19th May)

4 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We have been unable to defeat the evil in St Johnstone, though. 

lev.gif.660eb7b962dbb9622e8faa1ea3c9aef6.gif.9a583d1a372671257ea2a5455d232107.gif.429b8b1f7bdba990a5fe35d4fe0c7c22.gif

There are few who can.

51 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Aberdeen finish as 'best of the rest' in seventh place, having gone unbeaten since the league's split. Their final points tally of 48 is higher than St Mirren, who are fifth, and sixth-placed Dundee.

This is a quote from the BBC, what it doesn’t mention is that they played clubs in the lower half of the league, enjoy your success. See you at the other side. 

Best St Mirren team ever finishing with less points than shitey Aberdeen.

Ooft.

56 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Didn’t think Devlin helped matters 

He doesn't, but MacDonald should deal with it - he's in a more favourable starting position than White, but reacts slowly, gets his body position wrong, and doesn't seem to be aware of White until he fouls him. 

If Thelin is big on us pressing the opposition out of possession next season and presumably will want the defence in higher starting positions, MacDonald will pretty much have to be one of the first to give way. 

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Aberdeen finish as 'best of the rest' in seventh place, having gone unbeaten since the league's split. Their final points tally of 48 is higher than St Mirren, who are fifth, and sixth-placed Dundee.

This is a quote from the BBC, what it doesn’t mention is that they played clubs in the lower half of the league, enjoy your success. See you at the other side. 

Simply stating facts.

35 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ooft.

I'd turn that round and say Aberdeen are so fucking useless that they can't even finish above a team with fewer points than them.

8 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'd turn that round and say Aberdeen are so fucking useless that they can't even finish above a team with fewer points than them.

We all agree that 48 points from 38 games is shite. 

48 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Vaughn and Easton on their game will walk through that defence.

I think both teams will have lots of punches to roll. Can’t wait to see how it plays out. 

4 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Yes, I am glad you highlighted this. Whoever wrote it at the BBC doesn't understand the system.

Most seasons the top team in the lower 6 has more points than one or two in the upper. But as you say,  it happens due to the weight of the fixtures.

It looks a good statistic to write about at face value, but in reality it would be surprising if it wasn't the case. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It’ll be missed among all the woe-betide-me but that was an absolutely sensational finish by Simon Murray.  

Yes, an absolute stunner. Be surprised if he's still in Scotland next year

Posted (edited)

Those BBC highlights are disgraceful. Aberdeen had a controversial third goal disallowed, but the BBC didn't show it – our manager mentioned it on RedTV. The same goes for Ross County hitting the bar; although it did show this when the pundits were discussing it.

I'm a bit disappointed not to have won that game. We started very slowly, but after ten minutes, it felt like we dominated until the sending off. After that, it was a matter of holding on to what we had.

The Aberdeen fans were amazing. Seeing us sell out a meaningless fixture was quite a surprise, and cheering the players for about ten minutes after the final whistle was fantastic. All in all, there are a lot of positives from this squad, and not much rebuilding needs to be done as we have a team capable of finishing third. If we had got rid of Robson sooner or not appointed Warnock, we might have qualified for Europe – all ifs and buts!

What a job Peter Leven has done, though. I'm not sure we will hold on to him for much longer.

Edited by betting competition

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ooft.

Congratulations on Peterhead becoming the best team in Aberdeen and surrounds.

Edited by thisal

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

Those BBC highlights are disgraceful. Aberdeen had a controversial third goal disallowed, but the BBC didn't show it – our manager mentioned it on RedTV. The same goes for Ross County hitting the bar; although it did show this when the pundits were discussing it.

I'm a bit disappointed not to have won that game. We started very slowly, but after ten minutes, it felt like we dominated until the sending off. After that, it was a matter of holding on to what we had.

The Aberdeen fans were amazing. Seeing us sell out a meaningless fixture was quite a surprise, and cheering the players for about ten minutes after the final whistle was fantastic. All in all, there are a lot of positives from this squad, and not much rebuilding needs to be done as we have a team capable of finishing third. If we had got rid of Robson sooner or not appointed Warnock, we might have qualified for Europe – all ifs and buts!

What a job Peter Leven has done, though. I'm not sure we will hold on to him for much longer.

We don't have a team capable of finishing third. 

Our defence is shite and has rode its luck against poor quality bottom half strikers.

We're also just about to lose our best midfielder on a free. 

We have some good players but not all over. 

My pre-season optimism hasn't lasted long.