Scotland Euro 2024 Merchandise/Tat

Asda finally got some Scotland Euros tat in yesterday. Wee cardboard display at the door with cheapo Poundland-style shite adorned with Saltires, like plastic party hats.

The place was stuffed with England tat for the last World Cup.

On 05/06/2024 at 11:34, Gordopolis said:

I keep eyeing this up but I aleady have 2 bucket hats and three baseball caps.

I went to buy the 92 retro top on Facebook Marketplace.  He girl selling lives in the same city so I told her where i was and i was interested.  The girl I was corresponding with was intermittent with her responses.

Said it did not fit her husband but did not know what size it would fit.  I gave her my size and said I could come and try it anytime.  She I could come on Wednesday after 7.  I said I went away to Euros on Wednesday.  No reply.  Then said I made a mistake and it was Thursday so i can still come Wednesday.

She eventually replied saying it was sold!

Go figure.

How she can sell a top she know is wrongly sized, does not know the size of it and I cannot come to see yet it is suddenly sold, is beyond me.

I just hope it fits the person that bought it 🤣

That is the total amount of Scotland merchandise on sale in Tesco Dundee.

Imagine it had been England's first major competition since 1998 (the covid tourney does not really count) and the merchandise that would be on sale!  So much for a national retailer. 

Even Lidl had a better range but it sold out after two days.

20240611_142144.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

That is the total amount of Scotland merchandise on sale in Tesco Dundee.

Imagine it had been England's first major competition since 1998 (the covid tourney does not really count) and the merchandise that would be on sale!  So much for a national retailer. 

Even Lidl had a better range but it sold out after two days.

20240611_142144.jpg

I get the feeling that UK retailers have been a bit caught out by this, after decades of not having to bother their arse with Scotland.

What's the star for? The Kirin Cup?

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I get the feeling that UK retailers have been a bit caught out by this, after decades of not having to bother their arse with Scotland.

What's the star for? The Kirin Cup?

They did a much better job for Euro 2020.

I picked up a shite bottle opener, a lovely pint glass (the Scotland crest faded to St Johnstone blue after one wash) and some godawfully tacky beer mats. All from Tesco.

Nothing like those this time round 

Aside from tat and merch, is there an "official" Scotland song?

Has George Bowie remixed "Don't Come Home Too Soon" or is there a DJ Rankin and Gary McF mash up of "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie"?

I personally would like to hear BA Robertson duet with The Cocteau Twins on a revamped "We Have a Dream".

On 11/06/2024 at 13:39, Sugar_Army said:

I keep eyeing this up but I aleady have 2 bucket hats and three baseball caps.

I went to buy the 92 retro top on Facebook Marketplace.  He girl selling lives in the same city so I told her where i was and i was interested.  The girl I was corresponding with was intermittent with her responses.

Said it did not fit her husband but did not know what size it would fit.  I gave her my size and said I could come and try it anytime.  She I could come on Wednesday after 7.  I said I went away to Euros on Wednesday.  No reply.  Then said I made a mistake and it was Thursday so i can still come Wednesday.

She eventually replied saying it was sold!

Go figure.

How she can sell a top she know is wrongly sized, does not know the size of it and I cannot come to see yet it is suddenly sold, is beyond me.

I just hope it fits the person that bought it 🤣

She wanted pumped but was worried about her man finding out.

Damn, I wish I'd seen this thread before I walked past the flagship top people's pound shop on Princes Street last week. I bet that has top of the range tat.

On 13/06/2024 at 17:19, Miguel Sanchez said:

She wanted pumped but was worried about her man finding out.

She might have said.  Pity the only pumping I got was watching Scotland last night! 😁