Clyde FC Season 24/25

3 hours ago, SLClyde said:

People don’t buy season tickets for various reasons, paying a premium for not buying a season ticket is one of the worst ideas I’ve seen for a while. 

You have to look at it from the other perspective.

If there was no discount for paying out £260 in the summer for an  ST then why would anyone bother? What if you miss a few games due to illness/work/weather? There has to be an attraction for doing so, and clubs need it as they have 2-3 months with no inbound cash flow.

It isn't a premium to pay at the gate, its a discount not to.

4 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If there was no discount for paying out £260 in the summer for an  ST then why would anyone bother?

It works out as about a fiver a game cheaper, so almost 25%. That's not just a small discount, especially when you're talking larger amounts of money. 

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Let’s throw a party for your opening patronising and condescending sentence…

I am one of the lucky one that an extra couple of £s per game wouldn't make a differencewhether go or not. 

Lucky you’re not chocolate you might eat yourself- could write the losses off against tax though I expect!

lols

IMG_9318.jpeg

Those of us who have given going will still be going regardless of the price increase. I don't think anyone is upset about the season ticket prices. There's no doubt everyone who has been through the last (20) few years and is still going is going to take a lot more than a couple of quid increase to put them off at this point. 

We need to get those back that haven't been going and get them back long term. We need sustainability. Relying on the same 500 regulars is not sustainable. We need new and returning supporters. Enticing them starts with match days. I feel this risks missing an opportunity to do just that. 

(In addition to this price just generally being outrageous, which I still can't stop stressing enough)

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

it’s actually not a bad business strategy.

Very debatable statement this. £19 for league 2 football will not appeal to people. 

The security of season ticket money over the full season is the backbone of the club finances. 

Would you rather increase the season ticket price to reduce the entrance cost to fans who are cherry picking which matches to attend?

There's been many a season recently that if I was a pay at the gate patron I'd have chucked it 5 matches into another abortion of a league season.

However, because I was a season ticket holder I had paid in advance and I put myself under pressure to attend to get "value" on the purchase price.

The problem is football is overpriced in this country in general.

5 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The season ticket price per match works out at £14.44, I think that is pretty decent and also the option to pay 10 monthly payments of £26, that is not to bad a deal, obviously this is to increase ST sales.

Ours is the same this season 26 a month over a 10 month period.

Surely that is a no brainer for most people? I work shifts so occasionally will miss home games but even then for that amount it's not a big deal and helps support the club. 

Clubs should be applauded for making it available to their punters. Obviously 19 walk up price is dreadful but the monthly option really does soften the blow I'd think for the majority of people.

6 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Mr X is clearly not providing huge funds- and “money of the likes we have never seen before” is a totally subjective comment and difficult for fans to guess at. One thing is for sure, the fans are being actively encouraged not to sit back and think it’s all sorted.

How do you come to that conclusion? Looking at the managerial team and the comings and going in January I think it’s pretty clear there is a good amount of money being put in.

The price increase in walk up prices isn’t going to cover the squad and the managerial team.

37 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

How do you come to that conclusion? Looking at the managerial team and the comings and going in January I think it’s pretty clear there is a good amount of money being put in.

The price increase in walk up prices isn’t going to cover the squad and the managerial team.

🤦‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

To drive people to ST- you’re missing the point I think 

I’m not, but not everyone can afford a season ticket, or go to enough games to make one worthwhile. 

Whatever way you dress this up £19 is way too high for this level of football. It is a clever marketing policy I agree to get more to buy season tickets but I'm led to believe our season ticket sales have never varied that much over the last few seasons so not sure there will be that much of an upsurge. No issue at all with season ticket prices I will purchase one but be difficult to attract neutrals at these prices and really I think have to hit the ground running. 

Posted (edited)

I really don't understand why people are even debating this, other than utter obtuseness.

£260 is too expensive for a L2 season ticket. £26 a month makes it easier to stomach and more affordable to many, which is good. The kids prices are also good.

£19 walk up for L2 is absolutely unhinged. £17 was already too much. It's not a big rise but when you stick it on top of an already inflated price it's a complete sickener. It won't drive people to buy a season ticket that can't afford it. There are myriad reasons why someone won't buy a season ticket. I'd be interested to see the split between attendees with STs and walk ups.

The club should be focusing on other avenues to generate income, as opposed to hitting the pockets of committed fans that have been tortured with terrible product for decades, or putting off the casual fan.

Also, making walk up prices so high is not 'a clever marketing policy' ffs. Some of you are big ol' boomers and it shows.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

The option to spread payment over 10 monthes is a good idea which should appeal to quite a few folk. £19 will have a negative effect with walk up or away supporters who will find better value elsewhere. A lot could depend how the team do but dont think the glory days of 1000s turning up will  be happening in the short term.

The key here is FOMO.

Win games, challenge for promotion and the FOMO will drag more of us along.

Sit mid to lower half in the table and people will look out the window at the driving rain and wind and decide on better ways to spend £19.

Lets hope FOMO wins the day...