Clyde FC Season 24/25

The ten or so minutes of storm the was weathered skews the highlights package to make it look a lot more smash and grab when it was far from it. 

Everything about Logan Dunachie is likable. His awareness of what is around him with flicks and touches and his ability to find space happens too often to be luck. His awareness of Connelly v Edinburgh, his setting up for Scullion's chance against Motherwell, and then that brilliance tonight. He seems to have a natural instinct to know what to do. 

We've seen the worst and best of Rennie's play in the last two games. That tonight was brilliance. I got so carried away that I had almost forgotten about Kinnear's saves, the close range header in particular is outstanding.

A great night and the fans thoroughly deserve it after the last couple of seasons (and the rest).

There's just so much to love about what we saw tonight. I will temper the rest of what's about to come by saying that Thistle are clearly set up to get a lot out of their full-backs, who were both missing and without proper back-up options tonight, but that's all the tempering I will be doing.

I came into this group stage with a complete lack of emotion; hopeful, and with a slight expectancy, of seeing a bunch that were physically in good shape and technically of a level that would stand us in good stead for the league season to come. These are early days, and it feels worrying to say this so soon, but they've already got me very excited. I feared the worst after a slick move and wonderful finish seemed to have Thistle on easy street tonight, but the reaction after the first quarter of an hour was terrific and I was struck by just how much joy we were having with second balls, a theme which continued until the end. I think the freak own goal definitely helped us, but Dunachie's wonderful goal (if he meant his initial flick to set himself, it's absolute genius) really established us within the game before the break.

Funnily enough, the equaliser came as a consequence of our best spell of play; Leitch (good tonight, over the piece) perhaps should've taken his early chance on his left foot and granted us some daylight, and then we were a touch naive in being so expansive in search of a third which led to their second. From there, Kinnear, whose substandard kicking to that point was a bit of a bugbear, stepped up and he made one outstanding save and a couple of good ones to keep Thistle at bay. It seems like just yesterday I watch watching Jack Leighfield conjure up new ways to sell goals every week.

I would say Doolan got it wrong in having his team go quite so gung-ho and our subs, particularly Rennie and Connelly, seemed to love the space that was afforded to them. The work done by the latter for the winner cannot be underestimated; I was no fan of Rennie from his signing to our relegation, but he's stepped it up massively in terms of fitness and output since then (particularly under McCall), and to the extent that he's now a personal favourite. It was a terrific moment in the Clyde end and, in my opinion, only enhanced by us being crammed in that corner of the stand like sardines.

These are early days, and despite my promise to myself, I think I'm officially getting a wee bit carried away. There's something in the water here.

What a masterstroke to stick Dunachie up front, he caused Motherwell issues on Saturday but 2 great finishes tonight. 

Feared the worst after the early goal, Grant caught out a bit but the finish was excellent. Played our way into it over the first half as it went on.

Kinnear made 3 or 4 good saves in a short space of time, he’s been an excellent addition since he came in. What a difference having him back there. 

Superb to get the winner, and a win or draw on Saturday with thistle losing at Motherwell will see us 2nd. 

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What a masterstroke to stick Dunachie up front, he caused Motherwell issues on Saturday but 2 great finishes tonight. 

Feared the worst after the early goal, Grant caught out a bit but the finish was excellent. Played our way into it over the first half as it went on.

Kinnear made 3 or 4 good saves in a short space of time, he’s been an excellent addition since he came in. What a difference having him back there. 

Superb to get the winner, and a win or draw on Saturday with thistle losing at Motherwell will see us 2nd. 

We have Bully Wee No 1 to thank for this masterstroke apparently.........

Delighted to see such a great performance.....this squad should win the title...only slight concern is how well the Campbells have East Fife going.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

We have Bully Wee No 1 to thank for this masterstroke apparently.........

Delighted to see such a great performance.....this squad should win the title...only slight concern is how well the Campbells have East Fife going.

Probably the most delusional post for a while. His posts are .............yeah, not sure the most appropriate description.

Just before the thistle equaliser to make it 2-2 we were stroking the ball about for 30 or 40 passes and looking confident and comfortable in possession. Then we lost it and got caught out at the back unfortunately.

The result was obviously fantastic last night but the level of performance was even more pleasing in a way.

That Logan Dunachie goal last night is the best I've seen so far this season. I hope he can build on this promising run and I am genuinely excited to see how he develops as a striker over the course of the year. That was primetime Didier Drogba. I loved it.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That Logan Dunachie goal last night is the best I've seen so far this season. I hope he can build on this promising run and I am genuinely excited to see how he develops as a striker over the course of the year. That was primetime Didier Drogba. I loved it.

"This season?"

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It really was fantastic. I don't mind admitting that seeing it live was a bit of a head-in-hands-in-shock moment for me.

The thing I like most about it is that he doesn't seem to know why he's so class. We're able to see someone discover something they had no idea they had in them in real time. He's also a very likeable big guy, which adds another layer to it. 

I hope he can keep it up in the league!

what a night, is this the new Clyde we’re getting , 2 each away from home to a full time team 2 divisions above us, and we finish the game with 4 forwards on the park, and got our reward for being brave, 

Fans were great last night, got right behind the team from start to finish, even after losing the early goal, long may it continue 🇾🇪

Was a great night to have my first live view of this team.. was so encouraging to say the least.  I was almost forgetting why I enjoyed football after the absolute horror shows we have had to endure for years recently. What difference having a team set up with players who know what they are doing and an actual game plan.

All round team performance, can’t add to what’s been sad before on Logan, delighted for the big man and hope it continues. 

Back 4 last night before kick off had me a little concerned, not because Hamilton was at RB but mainly because he wasn’t on his dominant position in the centre of defence. However McKay and Howie did really well, as actually did Lee who really is a fantastic player! 
Barry Cudihay was immense all evening continuing his great start to the season. Not mentioned much, but I actually think Robbie Leitch did a lot of great work which went unnoticed, I think given a run could be an important player, he seemed more comfortable in a deeper position?

As said very encouraging with no failures, far from it.. huge number of options now  with this squad. Still early days but looking forward to, at very least having an exciting, energetic forward thinking team to watch this season. 

Decent wee away support last night. It would be nice to see what sort of crowd those games would get if we shared a league again. 

Has there been any news regarding a stadium in Glasgow? With McCall at the helm it would probably be a good idea to get one sorted for the inevitable promotions to gather crowd momentum.

15 hours ago, Maine said:

Decent wee away support last night. It would be nice to see what sort of crowd those games would get if we shared a league again. 

Has there been any news regarding a stadium in Glasgow? With McCall at the helm it would probably be a good idea to get one sorted for the inevitable promotions to gather crowd momentum.

Maine, I think the latest news on a stadium is that we are looking in and around the East End for a site, hopefully news will be forthcoming soon.

Edited by Uncle Albert