Clyde FC Season 24/25

Going to a 352 after one training session, against a team who are always well drilled, was never going to work.

Doesn't help that the players have to a man been awful.

Took too long to make that switch to that back four, for me it should've happened as soon as possible after kick off. We've been better since then, but Montrose are streets ahead. Really missing Cuddihy, can only hope he was withdrawn as a precaution.

Better second half but we gave them too much respect in the first half. The 3-5-2 certainly didn’t work and Connelly was pretty stinking, as were the 10 others in white. Improved after the break but were wasteful when did chances. Montrose also aided by some *ahem* fortunate refereeing decisions too…

2 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

Obviously we were honking but the referee was absolutely awful today, honestly felt like we got zero given in our favour.

Wouldn't say we were "honking" at all. Not sure LD and Allan work well as a starting pair and Allan's first touch was a bit off....still lots to be enthusiastic about for the league season........we would not have gone through with 9 points even!

Encouraging note to finish on, probably should've taken something out of the game but there were too many sloppy final balls (Robson a culprit in particular) and we weren't helped by some utterly wild officiating - hopefully that's us paid our dues for a wee while.

I think we set out with the 352 anticipating that Montrose would line up that way and in acknowledgement of how much Motherwell exposed us with the same shape. The joy of having Paul McKay is that he can play at the back or in midfield and I'd have liked to have seen us making the switch a bit sooner, particularly with us missing Cuddihy. After the swap to a back four we got a bit of a foothold and the subs improved us even further second half - Connelly probably has some fitness to find and I reckon he'll be at his best when the collective is, but he alongside a few others was poor today.

Ray Grant and Howie were standouts once again, really pleased with their performances so far. Hopefully Cuddihy and Hamilton are fit for next week's opener and I imagine McCall will have a right good idea of the best personnel and formation for the job.

Edited by the_bully_wee

That’s genuinely one of the worst officiating performances I’ve ever seen, including the near side linesman as well. 

Too slow and not enough willing to come looking for the ball at times. Redfern made a difference when he was on in the second half. Personally would’ve left Allan on and taken Dunachie off, the long ball wasn’t working anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Wouldn't say we were "honking" at all. Not sure LD and Allan work well as a starting pair and Allan's first touch was a bit off....still lots to be enthusiastic about for the league season........we would not have gone through with 9 points even!

Maybe that performance would have been deemed acceptable 12 months ago, but that was well off par of what I expect given the money we have spent.  Allan was bullied constantly, if Ray Grant is our main central midfielder this season I think we will be in trouble in the middle every single game.

WTF is wrong with us , I know it’s only been a couple of , but not matter who we play at full back, or how good they’re supposed to be, they stink the place out.

Best I can say about that is I don't think there was anything overly concerning. 

They're a top half league 1 side and better than we will play in the league all year. They were far better the first half and we edged the second. 

Odd choice to try a new shape with only one session between Tuesday and today but having the flexibility of McKay, I can see trying it.

Few boys still need to get up to speed and think we don't really know what our best shape or starting XI is yet but I'm sure it'll come. 

18 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

WTF is wrong with us , I know it’s only been a couple of , but not matter who we play at full back, or how good they’re supposed to be, they stink the place out.

Extremely harsh stuff. They’ve been decent the first few games. One off day after three solid performances does not bad full backs make.

We weren't far away from taking something from that match.

Pooer decision making on the break coupled with a lack of composure in the last 3rd.  Mc Coll needs to find a away of permutation to get yhe bset of Logan, Rennie and Allen.

A lot of folk on here love a bit of a moan no matter how the club is doing on and off the park.

Fell just short today after two tough back to back games against two full time teams within 4 days of each other. Boys will be absolutely knackered and gave a lot to cheer about on Tuesday.

People going after guys like Grant and Cuddihy is also utterly bizzare given how they have done for the club previously. Grant was a stand out in his first stint with and untill he got injured was our best player the season we got relegated from League 1. 

Edited by Ocelot1877