Clyde FC Season 24/25

6 hours ago, Bob731 said:

A huge achievement last year and will be forever grateful. This is how football works and decisions like this show some intent in how to operate in these situations. Some really good players underachieving. Taking off Allan on Saturday night might have done it… hopefully they have some ideas of a replacement but if there is money there then surely Ian Murray or Jack Ross would be good candidates ?

You must have missed the ex vice chair warning of potential insolvency 

Pleasantly surprised to see McCall away. Not sure if he was the same with the players but really came across as not giving a toss.

Not sure how much say or influence they have had in the mess thus far but could mark Kerr/neil scally be an option? Certainly would be cheapest option surely. Interesting to see if there is an up turn in performances or a more obvious coherent plan under their interim management.

Edited by Clyde01

I'd be surprised if it's not Darren Young....he did brilliantly for us in SPFL2...unfortunately his loyalty to certain players & woeful signings in Hilson &Milne cost him...also he failed miserably with loan signings from SPFL clubs...really good players who he continually overlooked for loyalty 

Ewan Wilson.. Motherwell 

Rudi Molonikov... Hibs 

Kieran Offord... St Mirren 

Ewan & Rudi have been starters this year and Kieran is banging them in for Crusaders 

But in reality he would be good for you, he has the track record for getting teams promoted..also bearing in mind they have all come straight back down 🤣

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Not sure how much say or influence they have had in the mess thus far but could mark Kerr/neil scally be an option? Certainly would be cheapest option surely.

I severely doubt Scally will want it given his ties to McCall, but Mark Kerr may want a return to management after a fairly rubbish end to his time as Ayr gaffer.

I personally favour a clean slate whenever a gaffer goes. Regardless, we need a body with experience managing in League 2.

I always wondered if McCall struggled with going to part-time. The whole changing a team, even after a win, seemed like someone who was used to working with players for a full week and didn't adapt.

His whole persona didn't bother me (he has been like that his whole career) but I can see why it would irritate when a team is losing. 1 win at this stage is shocking.

I'd also say, he got performances out of one or two that were far beyond what I expected.

They also said on the radio a few weeks there were family illness issues. Hope there's nothing more serious there. Will always be grateful for survival/Firhill.

At this level, interesting candidates are always few and far between. I think Darren Young has done a decent job at three clubs and seems the obvious candidate. I daresay finances had a lot to do with the respective ends of his previous jobs. Him and Gary Naysmith are the two with a track record of getting out League 2.

Apart from him....I'm struggling for anyone who would immediately fill me with confidence. Nature of the job I suppose is that every manager has a track record of poor jobs, or they would be managing in the top two divisions.

3 hours ago, Only me... said:

How about sharing/try to buy the City Stadium? Queens Park don't seem to have a use for it now. Bit closer to your spiritual home. 

Believe it or not Lesser Hampden was floated as a potential home for us in the 80s!

At this rate I'll take someone with a track record of keeping teams in league 2.

I'm worried folk are still talking of promotion, all whilst we're the result of a game in hand away from being rock bottom of the league at the one quarter stage of the season. 

Jack Ross is absolute pie in the sky stuff. Ian Murray not much better. Waiting on Steven Naismith being suggested next because he played with Killie and so did Craig Bryson.

We haven’t been a force in Scottish football since the 50s and need to tailor our expectations to match.

We are a part-time, homeless club who are 9th in league 2, have a 5 or 6 figure overspend this season and a boardroom that seem to dish out zero hour monthly rolling contracts to directors akin to Sports Direct.

Actually, Jack Ross must be half way up the A1 from Newcastle as we speak…

Darren Young joined us in L1.  He won L2 with Albion Rovers and Stirling.  For what it's worth I think he is a good manager and Clyde could do a lot worse with their next appointment.

Said at his appointment that it wouldn't work out and here he is with another failure against his name. He's a walloper that needs a good coaching team and money around him to get it right.

I hope Clyde get it right with the manager this time, I'd love to see them prosper and get somewhere close to 'home'.

From a selfish point of view I hope you appoint some hopeless walloper that'll have you at the bottom of the League

From a neutral point of view I think there's a half decent promotion challenging team in there... somewhere. It would be interesting to see what a half competent manager could get out of them.