Elgin City - 2024 onwards

I think Hyde will be an asset in midfield and be the 'enforcer' there, allowing Dingwall and Soapy to be more creative. Sergeant, Gavin and Golding will get goals. Dangana hasn't impressed me since he came to us tbh. I reckon our first choice CBs will be Murray and Dalanzski with Draper as back up. He'll get play time as Dolannski will no doubt pick up suspensions and injuries.

In Hale we trust.

Can’t imagine we’ve signed these forwards with the intention of only playing one up top. Looks like a good old fashioned 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 depending if Golding plays as a wide forward. Golding will start in the ideal 11 - and I imagine it will be Sargent and or gavin depending on the formation.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Can’t imagine we’ve signed these forwards with the intention of only playing one up top. Looks like a good old fashioned 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 depending if Golding plays as a wide forward. Golding will start in the ideal 11 - and I imagine it will be Sargent and or gavin depending on the formation.

I think that Golding has possibly been a bonus who they never expected to get, and I think he will start down the middle. Sargent looks very lively as a wife player. Like above I would like to see Dangana get a spell on the bench. He has been very poor throughout pre season so far.

Edited by Super Elgin City

On 02/07/2024 at 12:50, 1993 said:

Apologies, I just had a look at the rules and £9000 appears to be the compensation fee but can be appealed.

I see we have signed him on a 1 year deal! Very strange if we have paid 9k to only sign him on a 1 year deal. 

Can I just say that I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised with how good Golding looked for you lads last season, earlier in the campaign I saw him play for Banks O' Dee in inverurie & was fairly confident in saying he's one of the worst players I've ever seen. Nice to be proven wrong.

I like what Hale is doing up in Elgin, I can only dream of a competent manager.

2 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

I see we have signed him on a 1 year deal! Very strange if we have paid 9k to only sign him on a 1 year deal. 

Indeed.

I’m only quoting what the SFA handbook says on development fees. Stranraer fans seem to think they are due one, which is £9000, as far as I can make out, with a right of appeal. I however have no idea if there is one payable.

20 hours ago, 1993 said:

Indeed.

I’m only quoting what the SFA handbook says on development fees. Stranraer fans seem to think they are due one, which is £9000, as far as I can make out, with a right of appeal. I however have no idea if there is one payable.

It's £9k per season 

Can't really judge a great deal on today, was impressed by Hibs, however it was a bit worrying how easy they were getting the ball wide and balls were coming across the face of the Elgin goal. When it went to 5-0 on 55 minutes I genuinely thought double figures was a possibility. Early  days but I am not sure full back is a role suited to Kyle Girvan and Mark Gallagher's composure was massively missed in midfield.

Edited by Super Elgin City

I thought we were ok today tbh. 5-0 sounds like an absolute scudding but we competed well for at least 60 mins of the match. All the goals came from getting the ball out wide but I see that as a bit of a positive - hibs at least never strolled though the middle and we won’t be playing full time SPL players every week so we won’t be forced to be so central in L2 very often.

Got to agree with much of what Briggsy’s Ghost said. Thought for long spells we competed well against a pretty slick looking Hibs team. I was pretty encouraged by what I saw from Elgin. 

On 12/07/2024 at 20:19, Am Muilleach said:

I'm liking the new ECFC podcast.

New chairman on this week's - talks a lot of sense. 

Was a bit unsure about an official club podcast but thought this was very good. Murray comes across very well and I think the club will definitely benefit from his leadership. There seems to have been an increased level of professionalism since he came in.

Disappointing performance the other day. First half we were awful and could barely get the ball off Peterhead, let alone keep or do much with it. Second half was much better in fairness, with MacLeman replacing Dangana (who really struggled) at ht and making a real impact. We were on top and looking good at 2-1 before a pretty feeble collapse. Sargeant has something about him, Murray looked a wee bit rusty I thought but you can see he has all the tools to be an excellent player at this level. His goal was quite something. Hyde had some good moments in his cameo and will hopefully do well when fit. Olly McDonald put in some great dead ball deliveries but was fairly quiet otherwise and Kyle Girvan was ok. Gavin looks out of shape in all honesty. It was a strange and extremely attacking lineup, Hale is obviously still trying players and formations out. I think we'll go with a 4-3-3 when the league season starts.