Elgin City - 2024 onwards

We need a right back badly if Cooper not playing, maybe Girvan there or someone wide right who can track back and assist. Cairns and Dangana were taken to the cleaners by Dunne.

4 hours ago, 1993 said:

We need a right back badly if Cooper not playing, maybe Girvan there or someone wide right who can track back and assist. Cairns and Dangana were taken to the cleaners by Dunne.

Totally agree. That right hand side is a major weak point as it stands. Cooper seems to have broken down with 2 separate injuries already and the league is not even started yet. A proper right back on loan could well be being looked at as priority.

Hopefully we can get a couple decent loans in. At the moment I’m more optimistic than I have been for a couple of seasons at least. As usual it will be tight top to bottom where injuries and suspension to key players can make a huge difference. With a bit of luck with injuries I don’t see us looking over our shoulder at the bottom but think it will be a stretch to get to the top 4. I predict 5/6/7 but with a couple more decent signings who knows.

Cheers guys. Haven’t been able to make any games yet due to work so East Fife will be the first time I’m seeing any of the new signings. Wouldn’t mind us getting another out-and-out winger as we’re a bit thin on the ground there

Not as confident as I was a few weeks ago but still excited about what looks a decent squad. I think we'll finish between 4th-6th. Big opening game, looking forward to it.

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

"Mark" my words and we want you back.

Surely we aren't letting Gallagher out on loan again? Hartley frustratingly putting Darge, who couldn't pass it the length of himself, in ahead of Gal.

Screenshot_20240730_175114_X.jpg

I am hearing it is on a permanent. What a signing for Elgin👌

2 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

I am hearing it is on a permanent. What a signing for Elgin👌

He's wrongly been frozen out. Another terrible decision by Hartley. Just mistake after mistake. 

As you all know Gal will be tremendous signing. He's certainly capable of playing L1

8 hours ago, afca32 said:

Not as confident as I was a few weeks ago but still excited about what looks a decent squad. I think we'll finish between 4th-6th. Big opening game, looking forward to it.

I take this back. We're winning the treble.

41 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

What a signing! Serious question - are we being bankrolled a little by someone in the background? The investment in the squad has been remarkable by Elgin’s standards!

Was just thinking that must of been a fair bit of money we’ve spent so far and with good signings and the amount of them someone must be throwing some money in and maybe the fans transfer funding that was set up