The Annan Athletic thread

4 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

And in todays episode of "Getting the band back together " Josh Todd signs up. Pleasing!

Good signing for us. He'll add some quality and good experience to the team. 

45 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

And in today’s episode of "Getting the band back together " Josh Todd signs up. Pleasing!

Yes I expect Josh will be a good signing for you guys. I’d have been happy enough if he’d stayed with us. 

Todd signing for Annan is good business for you.

Good experience and playing for a half decent manager will only bring out the best in him.

Would have loved him to stay and work under Murphy. 

All the best Josh, except against us.

14 hours ago, bod said:

Todd signing for Annan is good business for you.

Good experience and playing for a half decent manager will only bring out the best in him.

Would have loved him to stay and work under Murphy. 

All the best Josh, except against us.

Er, he's playing under Wullie Gibson, not sure where you're getting the "half decent Manager" from or have you forgotten Wullie's spell in charge of Queens. Even if it hampered the team by Wullie supposedly not being allowed to play himself, he didn't exactly find a reliable replacement.

43 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Er, he's playing under Wullie Gibson, not sure where you're getting the "half decent Manager" from or have you forgotten Wullie's spell in charge of Queens. Even if it hampered the team by Wullie supposedly not being allowed to play himself, he didn't exactly find a reliable replacement.

Er, I'd certainly put Willie well above Bartley as a manager.

2 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Missed a good part of last season with injury.

With a really bad injury as well. Fair play to him for going back as it was my understanding he was finished. 

3 minutes ago, bod said:

That's like saying a punch in the nose isn't as bad as a boot in the baws, tbf. 

1 hour ago, bod said:

I wasnt really comparing him to Bartley, more an observation on his term in charge of Queens. Well above Bartley is also a bit of a stretch.

On 25/05/2024 at 15:26, 19QOS19 said:

I see Peter Weatherson has left Stranraer. Wonder if he'll rock up to assist Gibson?

Peter underestimated the demands of the job when he took the role at Stranraer, fair dos to him, he stuck it out and gave his all through to the end of the season.

Don’t see him taking a similar job any time soon.

A shame, seemed a good guy.  

15 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Benjamin Luissint has left the club. Haven't seen his destination yet but I'd imagine it's Palmerston. 

Very good in the second half of the season & a thorn in Kelty’s side when we played. Would happily take him at NCP but imagine your right and he's Palmerston bound.

17 hours ago, JimThorburn said:

Benjamin Luissint has left the club. Haven't seen his destination yet but I'd imagine it's Palmerston. 

Going by quotes from the Queens kitman on Twitter he's definitely incoming to the home of South West football.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

How do you rate Douglas?

He was a bit inconsistent to begin with but has become a good player over the years. Seems to be another one constantly linked with a move to Palmerston. I think he'd do well

17 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

He was a bit inconsistent to begin with but has become a good player over the years. Seems to be another one constantly linked with a move to Palmerston. I think he'd do well

Cheers, hope the rumours are true.  Would be nice to have a solid defence again after all those years - we can but dream.