The Annan Athletic thread

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

How do you rate Douglas?

Never overly impressed me in our games against them last season. Here's hoping if he comes to Queens FT football will improve him.

50 minutes ago, bod said:

Never overly impressed me in our games against them last season. Here's hoping if he comes to Queens FT football will improve him.

No guarentee he will of course. Moving into full time fitba might not suit. Not sure what the lad does outside of the game. 

So looking at the squad so far we've got Aidan Smith, Tommy Muir, Tommy Goss, Charlie Maxwell and Scott Hooper all signed up from last season. 

Josh Todd has joined.

In addition I'd imagine Greg Fleming, Peter Watson and Wullie Gibson himself will all be involved on the playing side to varying degrees if/when required.

It's a solid start and something we can hopefully build on between now and mid July. 

Hi Guys

My name is Aidan and I am an assistant researcher on the game football manager looking at Annan Athletic and how the club has done in the overall season just passed. I was looking for some information regarding the club which I have stated below, any information that you do have in order so I can make the game next year as accurate for Annan Athletic as possible would be much appreciated :) 

Best,

Aidan 

- Have any of your players changed positions over the last season?
- Preferred moves of players i.e. (cuts in from wing, likes to play a first time pass - anything significant for a player, long throw in technique)
- Do any of your players have a significant preference (positive or negative) to a player or club i.e. annan athletic supporter but dislikes rangers 
- Do any of your players have a second nationality 
- Did any youth players make their professional debut for the club this season 
- Have any non playing staff joined or left your club?
- Have any players made significant improvements or have declined significantly?

15 minutes ago, JimThorburn said:

Annan sign Midfielder Paul Smith from Ayr United. 

Happy to see him land in a league 1 team, hard working midfielder just was never championship level, decent at set pieces for our reserves and from what I can recall versatile across the midfield  

4 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Happy to see him land in a league 1 team, hard working midfielder just was never championship level, decent at set pieces for our reserves and from what I can recall versatile across the midfield  

Hopefully we can offer him a platform to improve himself and get back to the championship. 

Ex Annan captain Steve Swinglehurst has tonight signed up for Workington in the Northern premier league , played a few games for the reds on loan 11 year ago, seems a great signing what was the reason he was released? He will join up with ex Annan players Kai Nugent and Alex Mitchell when the team start preseason 

4 minutes ago, Whiteside said:

Ex Annan captain Steve Swinglehurst has tonight signed up for Workington in the Northern premier league , played a few games for the reds on loan 11 year ago, seems a great signing what was the reason he was released? He will join up with ex Annan players Kai Nugent and Alex Mitchell when the team start 

That'll be a great signing for Workington. Swingles still has a few good years ahead of him in fitba. 

Regarding his release nothing much has come from the club. Swingles did say on social media that he felt like he'd been offered a trial rather than a contract so he decided to move on. 

1 minute ago, JimThorburn said:

That'll be a great signing for Workington. Swingles still has a few good years ahead of him in fitba. 

Regarding his release nothing much has come from the club. Swingles did say on social media that he felt like he'd been offered a trial rather than a contract so he decided to move on. 

Cheers for that , the new manager here seems to be changing the style of play at the club gave too much away at the back last year being too fancy, seems to fit his style of defenders who want to get stuck in. Some fantastic footballers in the Npl so we going to need him fit and raring to go . Hopefully partnering up with another ex Annan player Charlie Barnes who had a good season at Lancaster, fingers crossed for that one

22 minutes ago, Whiteside said:

Cheers for that , the new manager here seems to be changing the style of play at the club gave too much away at the back last year being too fancy, seems to fit his style of defenders who want to get stuck in. Some fantastic footballers in the Npl so we going to need him fit and raring to go . Hopefully partnering up with another ex Annan player Charlie Barnes who had a good season at Lancaster, fingers crossed for that one

Barnes is another good player. Swinglehurst and Pete Watson were solid as a rock at cb for years at Galabank. Get him playing regularly and he'll do the same down there. 

7 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Paul McGowan - Quality - lets get a few young boys on loan we're sorted.

Bring on the Queens.

Wullie war chest blown on McGowan?

Should do a good turn for you lot to be fair, didn't look great at Cove but am sure he will do okay with you lot.