General Election 2024

32 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I make it 5:

- Conservative MSP for Highlands and Islands

- Assistant Referee at the SFA

- Leader of the opposition in the Scottish Parliament 

- Scottish Conservative leader

- MP for Moray

Although you could argue 3 and 4 are effectively the same thing. 

Am I wrong that - when he was parachuted into the Scottish Parliament - he committed to giving up a Westminster seat at the next GE?

I have always found it a bit ridic that he can have the Scottish and UK roles, and he frequently conflates the issues and responsibilities of each parliament.

In short - a kunt

Posted (edited)

I thought Duguid had said he was expecting a full recovery and was standing for re-election.  Ross really is the lowest of the low - taking advantage of the sick and disabled yet again.

image.png.166546fb6dfe205b30a60e6bb3f5df2a.png

Edited by The DA

Whichever way you look at it, this is absolutely reprehensible from Ross. Even if you don't view it as taking advantage of Duguid's ill-health and consider deselecting him to be borne out of genuine concern for his health - a huge stretch - he's still lied to the electorate as a whole by parachuting himself in rather than another candidate.

What a pathetic little weasel.

It would be a highlight of the night to see him getting emptied, but that neck of the woods is full of weirdo staunch farmers and fishermen. Hopefully that's the seat that Salmond stands in and it turns into a farce with those two slinging shite at each other.

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Whichever way you look at it, this is absolutely reprehensible from Ross. Even if you don't view it as taking advantage of Duguid's ill-health and consider deselecting him to be borne out of genuine concern for his health - a huge stretch - he's still lied to the electorate as a whole by parachuting himself in rather than another candidate.

Can I call for a vote of no confidence in him?

Jeremy Hunt today promising not to reform Council tax and challenging Labour to promise the same. He then goes on to say

This isn’t party political point-scoring. I actually want to see the Labour party say they will put families first and higher taxes second.

How is this not party-political point scoring?

21 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be a highlight of the night to see him getting emptied, but that neck of the woods is full of weirdo staunch farmers and fishermen. Hopefully that's the seat that Salmond stands in and it turns into a farce with those two slinging shite at each other.

Salmond has said he isn't standing but this might change his mind.

35 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Salmond has said he isn't standing but this might change his mind.

Salmond standing would help Ross surely. He will take a lot more votes off the SNP than the Conservatives. 

Tories took in another £5 million from your friendly neighbourhood racist Frank Hester at the start of the year. 

Expect this might be mentioned in the next debate.

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Hes probably going to stand in David Duguids seat - must have done the family finances spreadsheet and realised that only 2 jobs wouldnt cut it.

7 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

He’ll be throwing his hat into the ring. David Duguid was punted last night surely so Ross can stand for that seat.

6 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Aye, he's snaked that other candidate and standing again for WM. 

Bawbag.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He truly is a reprehensible little maggot. I would rejoice bigly to see him gubbed.

43 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

From today's Guardian.

image.png.5c4f0f1294096ca47edfe11dc5d253fa.png

She voted SNP in 2019 due to satisfaction with their handling of a pandemic that started in… checks notes… 2020? 🤨

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Hes probably going to stand in David Duguids seat - must have done the family finances spreadsheet and realised that only 2 jobs wouldnt cut it.

It's David that I feel sorry for and I wish him well in his recovery from life changing Leopard derived facial injuries. 

While we all knew what a despicable little man Ross his latest actions depicts him a lower than a snakes belly.

Duguid as sick as he was insisted he would stand for re-election, to do this to the man I'm sure will affect his recovery.

What he should do is put his name forward for Moray East as an Independent.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

She voted SNP in 2019 due to satisfaction with their handling of a pandemic that started in… checks notes… 2020? 🤨

She doesn't say that at all given there is a full stop after SNP.

Sunak forced to apologise. He himself wants our 18 year olds doing national service but he can’t be arsed sticking around all day to pay tribute to everyone involved on d-day.

Hospital pass for military veteran Penny Mordaunt who is standing in for him on the 7-way debate tonight. Farage will surely go hard on that issue.

2 minutes ago, Caro-Kann said:

Airdrieonians

Season Tickets

ADULT - £320
CONCESSION (Over 65s) - £245
CONCESSION (16-17 / students / unemployed / disabled) - £190
UNDER 16s - £25

Club 1924 members get 10% discount on Season tickets.

Gate Prices

ADULT - £22
CONCESSION (Over 65s) - £17
CONCESSION (16-17 / students / unemployed / disabled) - £14
UNDER 16s - £9
PARENT & CHILD - £27

Reform / Britain First thread for this pish